• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What's your gym leader team? V2!

Indigoodra

Oh snap, I'm back!

Pokemon: 2
Type: Ground
First team: ;322; ;111;
Rematch team: :618: ;450; ;105; ;344; ;195; ;330;
Muzak: Possibly Maybe
Puzzle: The gym is a walled area within a desert, so to get to the tower in the middle where the gym leader is, you have to navigate areas flooded with pokemon, littered with quicksand pits, under a heave sandstorm, or filled with trainers.

Before Battle: So you could navigate the desert, but can you make it out alive?
Super Effective Move: The ground is more solid than that. You'll see.
Last Pokemon: This is the strongest one yet.
Last Pokemon's Weak: Hmph. We'll get through this.
Win: I knew this would happen. You can't beat me, nobody can.
Lose: Hmph. You've earned the right to the [cough] badge. Your life is safe, for now.

Rematch: Before Battle: You won't escape this time!

"Spite" DefaultAsAwesome

Mine:
Type: Poison
Team: ;434; ;070; :568:
Rematch Team: ;435; ;071; :569: ;110; ;317; ;169;
Music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w12R_PmXHEM I kind of cheated on this one, I admit. :(
Before the battle: Hello. Smell that aroma around you? That's the smell of your Pokemon going down in defeat. En guarde!
Lose: So my gas couldn't weaken you're Pokemon... fine, take it. This is the Smoke Badge.
Final Pokemon: Ha! Your Pokemon will tremble under the power of this one's toxic!

Doh, I never did the puzzle!

There would be toxic on certain spots in the room, that would make you have to restart at the beginning of the room. There are 3 rooms (similar to Fantina of Hearthome City) that you have to navigate through. Toxic spots reveal themselves for a short amount of time after a certain amount of time.

I'm back!

Type: All
Team: :498: (level 10), ;104; (level 14), ;263; (level 12), ;016; (level 12)
Puzzle: The puzzle is to manage to answer questions on nature and Pokemon, kind of like Blaine's gym. Get it right? You pass. Get it wrong? You fight a trainer.

1. Otters are herbivorous.
Answer: Yes

2. Sableye is weak to the Dark Type.
Answer: No.

3. If a Fire move hits a Dragon-type, the damage will be neutral.
Answer: No

4. Wolves mainly prey on deer or buffalos.
Answer: Yes

After, the door will open.

Theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcTBS77s8uA

Opening quote: Welcome to my gym, young trainer. My name is Lutra, after the mighty otters that swim the waters. And I assume you want the badge? Well, I'm afraid you'll have to fight me for it.

SE attack used: Very good, young trainer!

Last Pokemon: Afraid I'm going to have to go fiercer!

Weak last Pokemon: Is this my end?

Win: Bad luck, young trainer!

Loss: Congradulations, young trainer, for your victory. I wish to bestow upon you the Palette Badge!

Rematch: ;306;, ;289;, ;055;, ;203;, ;105;, ;254;

SneaselClaw

Mine:
Type: Fire
Team: ;037;,;256;,:499:,;257;,;392;
Rematch Team: :555:,;219;,;006;,:609:,:500:,;467;
Puzzle: No puzzles, but the only trainers in the gym will be in Triple or Rotation battles.
Music: Avengers EMH Theme
Before the battle: Avengers, assemble!
Win: Assembled we are strong.
Lose: Be sure to avenge us!
Last Pokemon: Forever fight as one!

Last edited:

Nightfall_

Gamer Extrodinare
Pokemon: 5

Type: Psychic

First team: ;203; , ;196; , ;178; , ;177; , ;475;

Rematch team: ;376; , ;065; , ;196; , ;344; , ;122; , :518:

Music: Palkia's Onslaught

Puzzle: The entire gym looks like a cloud with patched spots. You need to navigate around these spots without falling, or else you'll face a trainer. All trainer either have a Natu, Ralts, Kadabra or a combantaion of all three.

Before Battle: Hello <Insert player name> to the gym. So you got past those challenges? Interesting. Let's see if you shine as bright as the star's above.

Super Effective Move: Hmph, this isn't what I thought it would come to.

Last Pokemon: This was not what I foresaw...

Last Pokemon (Half-Heath): It's not the end.

Win: So I was right, after all...

Lose: Well, that was not what I foresaw...I did, foresee giving you the Rift Badge.

(Rematch) Before Battle: So you are back? Let us see what you are now made of.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Type: Ghost
Number of Pokemon: 3

First Team: ;093;, ;302;, ;477;
Rematch Team: ;292;, :593:, ;354;, ;442;, ;478;, ;477;
Battle Music: This one

Puzzle: The player must navigate through a graveyard with trainer popping out from graves, like those hidden ninjas.

Before Battle: “You have a choice. Live or die. Every breath is a choice. Every minute is a choice. To be or not to be.”
First move: "So cold..!"
Last Pokemon: "Die for me!"¨
Last Pokemon Low HP: "So Red..."
Winning quote: “We cannot be sure of having something to live for unless we are willing to die for it.”
Losing quote: "I'm alone... Again?"

ricedonut

pringle user
Number of Pokemon : 4
Type: rock
Gym number: 7

Team: ;305; lv 37
;111; lv 36
;306; lv 40
;213; lv 37

Gym leader music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8QXHfdpb4w

Puzzle: There is a huge rock in front of the gym leader, and each trainer you defeat puts a crack in the rock. If you beat all the trainers, the rock explodes and you can fight the gym leader. Also the gym is a maze with strength boulders to move out of the way. There are five trainers:

Trainer 1 (Archeologist): :565: lv 37
Trainer 2 (Hiker): :557: lv 33 ;438; lv 33 ;185; lv 35
Trainer 3 (Psychic): ;337; lv 36 ;338; lv 36
Trainer 4 (Archeologist): ;140; lv 32 ;138; lv 32 ;345; lv 32 ;347; lv 32 ;408; lv 32 ;410; lv 32
Trainer 5 (Ace Trainer): :566: lv 35 :567: lv 37

Before battle: Well, it seems you have beaten all of my well trained students and shattered the rock that was before me. Very well, I will battle you, but I will not hold back anything!
First Pokemon sent out: Go Lairon! Shatter their spirit!
Shuckle sent out: It seems that a defensive approach is necessary...
Aggron sent out: Wow, I haven't been challenged like this in a while. But it ends here.
Aggron at low health: aarrghh
Winning quote: It seems that I was to strong for you. You should train your Pokemon to be stronger, then come and face me again.
Losing quote: Wow, you beat me! And I had just trained my Aggron to be much stronger!
TM reward: Stone edge

Rematch:
;476; lv 68
;369; lv 67
;411; lv 67
;076; lv 66
;306; lv 70
;213; lv 69

Last edited:

Z-nogyroP

whoa whats that
Type: Steel
#: 8
Pokemon: Ferroseed Lv.42, Magneton Lv.46, Klinklang Lv.49
Puzzle: The gym is made of many gears that turn when you defeat a trainer, referencing Klinklang, his strongest Pokemon.
Rematch: Ferrothorn Lv.68, Magnezone Lv.69, Empoleon Lv.70, Excadrill Lv. 71, Aggron Lv.71, Klinklang Lv.78.

Before battle: The pureness of the Steel type can weather the most powerful of attacks! Bring it on!
Lose: My Pokemon were no match for yours. Here, take the Smith Badge.
Last Pokemon: This one won't crack under pressure!
First Non-OHKO hit: We can take on anything!

Last edited:

~SilverLugia~

Use Razor Shell!
Type: Water
Pokemon: ;283;, ;062;, ;393;, ;186;
Puzzle: The player enters a beach-like area, where you have to use the surfboards to ride over to different "mini islands". Most of these islands will have Gym Trainers on them. The Gym Leader's Island is in the middle of the gym. Some islands will have multiple surfboards, but only one will take you closer to the Gym Leader.
Battle Quotes: (Before Battle) So I see that you've made it to me on my island. However, that was only half the challenge. Brace yourself, for the power of the sea is coming at you now!
(Super Effective Move) You've got some pretty rad skills!
(Last Pokemon) You may have defeated my other Pokemon, but I'm still not down yet!
(Last Pokemon, weak) Is this the end of the line?
(Win) Nice job, but you may want to train a bit more before facing the sea's power again.
(Loss) You are a talented trainer, facing the sea like that. For that, I give you the Wave Badge! *Gives the Wave Badge* Also, I believe you can put the sea's power to good use, so take this TM as well! *Gives TM55 (Scald)*
Rematch Team: ;121;, ;211;, ;171;, ;400;, ;272;, ;368;

amittal12

Sceptile Maniac
Type: Steel
Pokemon: Metagross,Klink,Magnezone
Rematch Team: Durant,Probopass,Magnezone,Skarmory,Excadrill,Lucario

Type: No Particular Type(Blue Style)
Pokemon: Lucario,Shellos,Weezing
Rematch Team: Xatu,Eelektross,Seismeitoad,Mienshao,Chimecho,Dustox.

frogofdoom555

(>:O) FFFFFFUUUUUU
Got really lucky with this one.

Mine:

Type: Dragon

Battle Music: (Weird) Barracuda: Heart

First Team:
Vibrava
Hydreigon
Kingdra
Haxorus
Garchomp
Dragonite

Rematch Team:
Altaria
Garchomp
Flygon
Salamence
Druddigon
Dragonite

Layout:

Knowing that Johto and Unova Gyms had Dragon type gyms as the last gym, this is complicated.

You have to go on Mechanical Dragonite, Answering Dragon Pokemon-Based questions.

The first question will be the answer on the left. The questions have three answers. Get it correct and you'll ride a Dragonite to the next question. Get it wrong and head to the start, like all wrong answers.

The next question will be the right. Head to ride to the next platform or the start. The third will be the middle answer.

The final two answers are tricks. It will say, "Sometimes going backwards is the best option," for those questions, and then asks the questions. Always choose the answers that are wrong. There will be 1 right answer, but the other 2 are the ones you should choose. Answer them to ride to ME!

Quotes:

Before: So you came to master the dragons? Well, it won't be easy! Dragons have immense power that you must control! Do you have what it takes? LET"S FIND OUT!!!!

Super Effective: It takes more than types to bring down a foe...

Last Pokemon: You do have what it takes... But can you bring this dragon down?

Weak: This is looking bad...

Win: What a shame. You looked like you had the power...

Lose: Well, look at that. I underestimated you! You have the control, the power, the mind! I bestow... The Roar Badge!

Rematch:

Before: You're Back! I always wanted to see that power again. But it's harder this time!

Super Effective: More type match-ups... Part of your power!

Last Pokemon: Dragonite is up! Can you defeat him now that he is tougher?

Weak: I knew you had that special something. I just wondered when i'd see it

Win: What happened to your power?

Lose: There it is again! It looks like the power is permanent. You could be a dragon master!

This is fun!

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Type: Ice
Battle Theme: This one

Team: ;361;, ;364;, ;215;, ;471;
Rematch Team: ;225;, ;124;, ;365;, ;091;, ;471;, ;478;

Puzzle: The usual frozen plattform...

Quotes:
Before Battle: "Welcome to this gym. Please relax while my dreadful Ice-Types freeze away your hot spirit!"
SE Move: "Foolish!"
Last Pokemon: "What's this?"
Last Pokemon ow HPl: "You.. Will perish!"
Losing: "Why couldn't I stop you?"
Winning: "I welcome you.. To the pure world I have forged"

Rematch Quotes:
Before battle: "Oh.. It's you again. Your spirit.. It seems somewhat.. Different. Allow me and my Pokemon to chill you out once more!"
Losing: "Lies! It's all Lies!!"
winning: "Your will is of no consequence.. Your body, your spirit will be under my control!"

Last edited:

Flame Mistress

Type: Poison,

Strategy: Setting up traps and and inflicting status problems with the first four Pokemon, all-out attacking with Scolipede

Teams:
Team: Foongus, Ekans, Weedle, Venonat, Scolipede (with the first four being relatively easy to beat and the Scolipede being ridiculously overlevelled)
Rematch Team: Dustox, Arbok, Victreebel, Skuntank, Amoongus, Scolipede

Puzzle: A huge, seemingly empty hallway, with the Gym Leader right at the back. However, there are fifteen invisible trainers, all of them turning around every second. If they spot you, you have to battle them. Most of them rely on status problems, like the Gym Leader. You just have to be lucky enough to dodge most of them, because be spotted by five of them and you're automatically kicked out of the Gym.

Music: This. I think it's rather appropriate, actually.

Normal Quotes
Before the battle: ... ... ... ... ... Let's get started, shall we?
Win: ... ... ... Another weakling? Sigh...
Lose: ... ... ... I... lost?
Last Pokemon: ... I... wasn't expecting this...

Rematch Quotes
Before the battle: ... ... ... ... ... You again?
Win: ... ... ... Finally...
Lose: Trainer... You have given me one of the best battles in my life. Thank you for that.
Last Pokemon: ... Will you do it... again?

Last edited:

DittoDude

The King of Town.
Type: Bug
Team: ;413;, ;269;, :545:
Rematch Team: ;402;, ;413;, :542:, ;049;, :617:, ;348;

frogofdoom555

(>:O) FFFFFFUUUUUU
Pokemon:

Snorunt-Level 40

Vanilluxe-Level 41

Walrein-Level 41

Froslass-Level 43

I am Jared, the Ice Leader. This is the final gym in the region.

My Ice Gym is not like the others. It is unique.

You have to battle every trainer, while sliding along on glaciers in the water.

Make a wrong turn, and there is a portal that'll take you back to the beginning. When you reach me, I'll be standing on a giant ice block, but when you get on to it, it rises, and goes to the very top of the gym. It is a giant Ice Column.

Music: Coincidentally, it is the instrumental version of Vanilla Ice's Ice Ice Baby. That could not be more fitting.

Before Battle quote: I see you made it along my glaciers. Well done. You still have one challenge left. You have to face me, Jared.

Super effective quote: Type advantages alone won't make you win.

Last Pokemon Quote: I see I have no choice but to send out Froslass!

Win Quote: You still have much to learn. But either way, that was a good battle.

Lose Quote: I...Lost!

After Quote: You did amazing. You deserve this Permafrost Badge!

Rematch Team:

Cloyster-Level 72

Mamoswine-Level 73

Walrein-Level 73

Glaceon-Level 74

Glalie-Level 75

Froslass-Level 77

Rematch Quotes:

Before Quote: Long time no see. Let's see if you still have the strength.

Super Effective Quote: That was spectacular!

Last Pokemon Quote: You are doing great! But let's see what happens with Froslass!

Win Quote: That was a great battle, but I still won!

Lose Quote: You won again! You are a force to be reckoned with!

ricedonut

pringle user
Gym Leader name: Venn (the first syllable of his favourite Pokemon)
Number of Pokemon: 6
Type: Bug
Gym number: 8

Puzzle: When you come into the gym there is green carpet, near the entrance of the gym there is a ladder down into the basement floor of the gym, but it is under a trapdoor that opens from below. To the north there is a huge web in the middle of the gym, but there are many holes in it.

One hole is in front of a cranny where there is a trainer, also with green carpet, one hole is in front of a small space also not on the web where there is an item (SilverPowder), and there is a bigger hole blocking the part of the gym where the gym leader is.

If you fall down one of the holes you will find yourself in the basement floor of the gym, which looks like Burgh's gym only without the honey walls and the buttons that unleash clowns. Down here there are 5 trainers, 3 of which have Pokemon that can use String Shot. If you beat the ones that have Pokemon with String Shot, they will get their pokemon to use stringshot on the web and fill in the holes, allowing you to go face the gym leader.

Gym Trainers:

Downstairs:
Trainer 1 (Bug Catcher): ;012; lv 39 ;015; lv 39 ;267; lv 39 ;269; lv 39 (Patches up the hole blocking the SilverPowder)
Trainer 2: (Bug Catcher): ;167; lv 38 ;168; lv 40 (Patches up the hole blocking the upstairs trainer)
Trainer 3: (Bug Maniac) ;048; lv 42 :636: lv 42 :541: lv 42 (Patches up the hole blocking the Gym Leader)
Trainer 4: (Hiker): ;111; lv 45 (Knows Megahorn)
Trainer 5: (Collector): ;413; lv 43 ;413-i; lv 43 ;413-ii; lv 43

Upstairs:
Trainer 6 (Bug Maniac) :589: lv 44 :617: lv 44 ;469; lv 44

Gym Leader's Team: (all have Occa Berries)
:617: lv 44 (likes to use U turn)
;123; lv 44 (also likes U turn)
;214; lv 46 (Has Hi Jump Kick)
:596: lv 46 (Likes to use Volt Switch)
;193; lv 43 (Has bug buzz and air slash)
;049; lv 48 (knows Quiver dance, Sludge Bomb, Bug Buzz and Sleep powder)

Battle music

Before battle: So, you've come to battle me. but know this, many people say that bug Pokemon are weak, but that is not the case at all. Bug Pokemon are actually very powerful and can be very tricky to deal with. Let me show you the Bug type's true power!
Second Pokemon sent out after Accelgor has used U turn: Didn't expect that, did you?
Heracross sent in: This Heracross isn't like other Heracross, I trained it specially!
Venomoth sent in: Go, my strongest Pokemon! Show them how powerful the Bug type can be!
Venomoth at low health: Venomoth! Please hang in there for just a bit longer!
Won: Do you see now what the bug type is capable of?
Lost: Wow, you managed to beat my powerful Bug Pokemon! But do you see how strong and tricky bug types can be?
TM reward: TM89 U turn

Rematch: (All hold Occa Berries)
:617: lv 68 (Still likes to use U turn)
;212; lv 69 (Still likes to use U turn; Has Technician Bullet Punch and Bug bite)
;214; lv 70 (Still has Hi Jump Kick)
:596: lv 68 (Still likes to use Volt Switch; Has CompoundEyes Thunder)
:558: lv 67 (Has Earthquake and Rock Wrecker)
;049; lv 72 (Same set as first battle, but replaced Sludge Bomb with Giga Drain)

I Like doing these

Last edited:

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Type: Water

First Team: ;129;, ;418;, ;131;

Rematch Team: ;139;, ;160;, ;062;, ;080;, ;342;, ;131;

Battle music: Blood Rave

The Gym will be like a big open place with swimmers and fishers as trainers. It will also be a mace, connected by whirlpools.
The Gym leader (Me, wahaha) will be at the end by a statue of Lugia.

Battle quotes:
Before Battle: Who are you? you've got quite the guts to reach me here, hotshot. there is no better place to battle, than by the soothing sound of the waves"
First attack: "Hey! Watch it!"
Last Pokemon: It seems the tide has turned"
Last Pokemon low HP: "This is bad!"
Losing message: "I do not understand..."
Winning message: "Now your mind is clouded with doubt. Then you are not worty of this badge"

MISSINGNO. rufflet_is_gag

Dark and bird lover
Number of PKMN: 4
Type: Ice
First match: Delibird, Smoochum, Vanillite, Cubchoo
Rematch: Glaile, Dewgong, Jynx, Cryogonal, Beartic, Lapras
BTW! My battle theme is the Gym Leader battle theme!

pikalax

Back in the OLDEN days...
Messed up on my previous post, let's try again WITH the rules in mind.

n1: 3 Pokemon
n2: 2 - Dark-type
Generated Team:
Carvanha, Lv 18: Bite, Ice Fang, Focus Energy, Screech
Murkrow, Lv 18: Wing Attack, Pursuit, Astonish, Double Team
**Honchkrow, Lv 20 @Sitrus Berry: Wing Attack, Pursuit, Faint Attack, Quash
Trainer Items: 1x Super Potion

And here come the extras!
Speeches
First encounter: "Mufufu... Welcome to my lair. My name is Shada, the Gym Leader. I specialize in the Dark Type. Are you scared? You should be. And your Pokemon will soon learn to fear me, too."
Last Pokemon: "Mufufu... Now you shall succumb to the darkness."
In a pinch: "Mufufu... Now, the fun begins."
Defeated: "Mufufu... It seems I have lost. Well done."
Rewards: "Mufufu... In spite of the darkness, your Pokemon seem to have found the light within you. They reached out and touched your light, and thus they persevered. Your bond with your Pokemon is strong, airtight, and deserving of recognition. It is my distinct pleasure to award you the Nocturn Badge."

PLAYER received the Nocturn Badge! *fanfare*

"The Nocturn Badge allows you to use Rock Smash outside of battle. It also earns you the respect of all Pokemon up to level 50, even those you have received in a trade. Mufufu... As a token of my appreciation for you, let me give you this as well."

PLAYER received the TM60 Quash! *fanfare* PLAYER put the TM60 Quash in the TM/HMs Pocket of the bag!

"Mufufu... That move is Quash. It's a tricky move that makes your opponent attack last. You may find it useful in Double and Triple battles."

GYM LAYOUT
It's a series of three mazes, each in a pitch-black room. Each room has two Trainers and one Gatemaster. Find and defeat the Gatemaster to gain access to the next room. At the end, you reach the Gym Leader's chamber in a dungeon lit only by two torches.

After the battle, the evil team invades and attacks. Shada heals your Pokemon before asking for your help in taking on two Admins. In this battle, Honckrow will spam Quash so you can see its effects.