• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What's YOUR in-game play-style?

What's your style?

• All-out offense FTW!

Votes: 134 57.3%
  • Stalling is totally a good battle style.

Votes: 6 2.6%
  • I do both depending on the Pokemon.

Votes: 94 40.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adrexus

Do it the bird way!
Generally I have always been offense with very few supporting moves. Although that is starting to change now. In Black, I did a run through with Ferroseed and using a leech seed set in combination with rocky helmet and the aid of Ferroseed's ability. Almost nothing could kill this thing. I once was battling a Trubbish that was stupid enough to us doubleslap and the dumb thing killed itself without me having to do a thing. But I still lean on the side of offense, but trying out new sets is pretty cool too.

ladendar

Little munchkinz
I'd say if your up against a pretty tough trainer, offense mode might not be a good idea cuz you'd also be putting your pokemon at risk of fainting. Though, if you're super sure you'll go first then both offense and attack isn't such a bad idea, but all attacks is mostly how I tend to role cuz I'm always up against strong pokemons.

Drat

Don't Bother None
The game's easy enough that it allows me to experiment with using sleep and toxic and other strategic, if not bombastic, moves.

I like using interesting combinations that normally wouldn't work 'competitively' so I guess my strategy... is to just have fun.

I use a lot of purely offensive Pokémon, but some have other moves, and a few use mostly support moves.

CSolarstorm

New spicy version
Mostly offense, but I use some sleep condition moves and some poison condition moves.

OkikuMew

I'm radically different from everyone else:

I only use Pokemon I like or look good. Forget about strong Pokemon if they're ugly. Forget about natures, EVs, IVs, tiers, and all that Trubbish. And my battle strategies vary depending on the Pokemon I use, but since I mostly use Flying-types, I don't really have a strategy.

I just experiment with weak Pokemon and see what happens. Most of the time, I grow attached to those Pokemon and don't care if they are NU or have crappy natures.

Actually that's how I roll too (normal storyline play anyways). But I still keep the all-offense tactic :p NPC trainers (in the storyline) are so easy to beat that way, with being able to have different levels and all...

If we talk about competitive play though, that's another story for strategy :p ^^;

Last edited:

Metagross Guy

ᴸ м f ᴬ σ.
Defensive, Defensive and Offensive.

Gohankuten

I purposefully form my teams to where I can land a SE hit on any pokemon to KO them. I go all out offense and hardly ever use a move that doesn't do damage. In fact my Black team I am working on will have a move of every type and none of the pokemon share a SE hit against them besides my 2 dragonswho can both take out Ice types lol.

DasBoot

For in-game, it depends on the Pokémon. For my B/W walkthrough I made Serperior a staller with Giga Drain, Energy Ball, Toxic, and Leech Seed due to it's lack of attack. As for Simipour, I made it an offensive Pokémon with Brick Break, Surf, Shadowball, and Ice Beam.

All to say, it really depends on the Pokémon I pickup for my team.

BlazingCold

Offense, offense, offense. Nothing really is a threat other than Ghetsis.

Hilijix

Back in Blue
It all depends on what Pokemon I have available, and what trainer I am fighting.

I usually go all out offense, though on some Pokemon I usually have at least one Pokemon with a status inducing move. If the trainer has many Pokemon, I may set up some Spikes, Toxic Spikes, or Stealth Rock if my Pokemon knows it (specifically Skarmory).

Meta Ridley

Space Pirate Leader
POWER

OVERWHELM THEM WITH POWER

Yep, 'knock them down before they can do any real damage' is my strategy. Well, that's my strategy for all games.

Crouton

Sauteed Bread Cubes
I'm pretty much all out offense; destroy everything quickly. I'm not a fan of stall in-game. Heck, I'm not even a fan of it competitively. :x

-Hayward-

Ronin Harrier
The best defense is a good offense. Get them before they can get you. I like to attack and kill all of the things as quickly as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.