• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What's YOUR in-game play-style?

What's your style?

• All-out offense FTW!

Votes: 134 57.3%
  • Stalling is totally a good battle style.

Votes: 6 2.6%
  • I do both depending on the Pokemon.

Votes: 94 40.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PokeCrossbow

Pokemon Hunter
Offensive all way :D

Cutty

Forever now
I do both depending on the pokemon. But mostly I attack cuz I love hi-speed pokemon.

Jameson1

Mes amis
I use a mix; it's fun when you have an all-out attacking team but I like balance, so I'll have one, maybe two defensive Pokemon on my team.

SmoG878

i'm not dead...srsly
i totally wanna say "free spirited and unrestrained" XD

but usually i just go with the flow. a little variety to mix things up a bit and everyone gets points :D

Synthesia

Rookie Trencher
Since I know nothing about stats, I just do offense. All the time.

letmethink

Espeon Lover
I tackle my way through the game.

"Who cares about stats? Just kill!"
-My older brother

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
In-game it's usually all-out offense but occasionally I bring in a move like Toxic to change it up a bit. If I'm battling other (real) people however, I try to be more strategic.

abrar14

Statter Master
all out attaking in game but competitivley i usually have a staller and set up moves

Reign G

Roggen and Rolan
The best defense is a good offense. I never stick with defensive or status moves for very long.

Axel

Orange Champion
Wayyy back in Red/Blue, I preferred offensive attacks to defensive. As long as I was doing a little damage each turn, I just didn't care. Trainers in RBY had infinite PP, so stalling was... pretty much not worth it, heh.

As the generations came and went, though, I found my playstyle changing because the AI slowly became smarter... And the infinite PP aspect got nerfed, which made stalling more viable.

Back to the present, in Black/White... It depends on the Pokemon. Some I use to stall, others I use as attackers. It depends on the Pokemon's stats, nature, and moves.

MechaDrago

Rainbow Rocket Grunt
I don't really plan my casual in-game team, so I usually use whatever Pokemon I like and then figure out a strategy around them.
Just in case though, I try to throw in a really strong attacker, cause I tend to use some Pokemon that aren't fully evolved.
I usually end up being a Staller/Baton Passer in competitive.

Darth Sabreus

Want to get a soda?
For most of my "Pokemon Career", I've been focused on all-out offence with little emphasis on Defence. For example, my last Diamond Team all had attacking moves. Yeah. Now, I still use attacking Pokemon as a majority but now include some more defensive Pokemon. It's fun to see your opponent get walled to death ;p

Missingno
In-game, unless I have a specific reason not to, I go all-out attack because you don't need strategy in-game once you get past the E4

Zweihander Nemesis

Not too old for Poke
Since I only play the single player game, just be the first to knockout your opponent a DPS race essentially. Though spamming Scyther's Double Team and Sword Dance is fun.

aavr1992

Johto Dominator
who plans in-game?

i just used my starter and whatever random pokie i catch. i used feraligatr and ampharos, complete coverage in GSC. RSE my team was blaziken and ludicolo. DPP my team was infernape and luxray. BW my team was emboar and krookodile. no planning; just attack

Status
Not open for further replies.