• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What's your least-favorite thing about Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee?

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Key-word. Least FAVORITE thing about Let's Go. That means you like it but it's at the bottom of the list of what you like about the Let's Go games. Well I'll start.

The music of Pokemon Let's Go. I like it and it's really good music but it's essentially mostly just the same as FRLG and RGBY. There are some new interesting renditions like Lavender Town's more saddening tone and the Master Trainer Battle theme sounds up-beat but when was the last time the Kanto region got any new music? Pokemon ORAS had Zinnia's theme which was amazing and HGSS had new theme music for Lugia and Ho-Oh which were also amazing. Or at least give us some new wild remixes.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I wish there were more than 151 Pokemon
There is! Meltan and Melmatal. =p

My least favorite thing? The damn motion controls being forced on you in docked mode + the awful RNG of the catch rates.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Least favorite thing? The lack of post game. It was a little too much like the original games for its own good. Add in only being able to use joy cons (it's not a big deal, but I wish that we could use a pro controller as a secondary one).

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
That they didn't make more use of the HGSS Rocket members
I loved seeing Archer added in but I wish we got to see the others too, seeing how little we actually got of them

Archer helped stop the Team Rocket thing from being a flat out copy/paste of RBY again, but I do wish him and Green had more involvement in the story than they did. Blue had just the right amount

shoz999

That they didn't make more use of the HGSS Rocket members
I loved seeing Archer added in but I wish we got to see the others too, seeing how little we actually got of them
Let's Go Pikachu & Eevee had potential for a number of Johto references to be honest. Not just the HGSS Rocket Members but also Janine & Silver. For the Pokemon Adventure fans, how freaking adorable of a reference would it be if we saw Green acting like a big sister to little Silver after his father left him. If they ever did that, that would hit me right in the feels.

PsychoIncarnate

The lack of certain moves in the game, the lack of breeding, the lack of gen 4 evolutions for pokemon, and personally I'd like if at least Johto pokemon were available. I have a dream of going through gen 1 with my Ampharos

The lack of abilities also make some of the megas useless. Mega Pinsir, for example. Can't learn a single flying attack so his flying type just makes him 4x weak against rock instead of 2x

TokoyamiTheDark

The Purple Karakasa
The fact that you can't weaken wild Pokemon anymore. This makes it like a wide Safari Zone from other gens, and you can't even fight them to get EXP. I might not have a Nintendo Switch but 2 of my buddies does, so...

shoz999

The lack of certain moves in the game, the lack of breeding, the lack of gen 4 evolutions for pokemon, and personally I'd like if at least Johto pokemon were available. I have a dream of going through gen 1 with my Ampharos

The lack of abilities also make some of the megas useless. Mega Pinsir, for example. Can't learn a single flying attack so his flying type just makes him 4x weak against rock instead of 2x
This reminds me of a time where Gen 1 Pokemon couldn't evolve into Gen 2 Pokemon in FRLG for "reasons" lol until you beat the Elite Four and get the National Dex. You know come to think of it. A RBGY 2 in the same way as Black & White 2 would be a very fun idea and I'm not just talking about storytelling and lore, I'm talking about that after all these years a bunch of newly introduced species of Pokemon showed up in Kanto affecting entire ecosystems. A good story, new lore, some easter eggs get the anime and Adventure fans excited and a bunch of other Pokemon from other regions showing up in Kanto? I think even the ones who are tired of Kanto would be a little intrigued to see how an aged Kanto looks after all these years.

The fact that you can't weaken wild Pokemon anymore. This makes it like a wide Safari Zone from other gens, and you can't even fight them to get EXP. I might not have a Nintendo Switch but 2 of my buddies does, so...
On the plus side, those extremely low Pokemon rates didn't make it into the game. Who remembers Tauros's 1% rate lol?

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
My biggest problem with LGPE would have to be that it's another Generation 1 remake. It's the same old region with the same 151 Pokemon we've known for 20+ years. I might be more forgiving if these games were set several years later with an expanded Pokedex, more developed cities, and new locations.

shoz999

My biggest problem with LGPE would have to be that it's another Generation 1 remake. It's the same old region with the same 151 Pokemon we've known for 20+ years. I might be more forgiving if these games were set several years later with an expanded Pokedex, more developed cities, and new locations.
The way I see it LGPE's greatest strength is a Gen 1 remake, a Gen 1 remake that could've taken advantage of new technology and showed how Kanto changed over the years like Unova of BW2.

The fact that you can’t play the game solo with two disconnected Joy Cons or the Joy Con hand grip like other games.
For me it's the fact that you can't play it with a Pro Controller.

shoz999

Man. Where do I start? The biggest issue I have is how wild encounters work. I preferred the old system which seemed more randomized and surprising.
I know what you mean. Every time I find a hard-to-find Pokemon in the grass, I go "OH @#%^". Even moreso if I never knew what Pokemon was in that grass. Although I do sometimes get that feeling from Let's Go as well, specifically finding Pokemon you'd never thought you'd find previously. For example, I was pretty surprised when I saw an Arcanine popped out of the route in-between Saffron and Celdaon, that small space you call a route.

shoz999

I love the fact you can ride certain Pokemon that you actually own, but why can't you fly on Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Pidgeot and Fearow and surf on Blastoise, Vaporeon, Slowbro, Seaking, Dewgong, Dragonair and Golduck?:confused:
20150107012105%21Jiggly_Jigglypuff.png

Personally I want to see this make it into the game lol. I never realized why Jigglypuff was the "Balloon" Pokemon until I saw the Adventures take on Jigglypuff. Not to mention this was featured in Smash Bros.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I find it really odd that Starmie is a rideable Pokemon on Land. Why? It seems so random.
Gonna have to try that one out for myself lol. That sounds a bit strange to be able to do.