• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What's your most expensive item?

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
How much have you dropped on a single item at once? Do you have anything that you got for an insanely good deal that's actually worth a lot more? Let's hear it!

My most expensive is pretty tame, my Raichu from the I Love Pikachu+ line was $40+tax last summer. It's already gotten more expensive, since it's $80+tax on the same website now, so it could be worth more in the future.

Pyroli

Banned
My boyfriend ordered me a Whimsicott plush on Valentines Day, as he knew it happened to be my favourite Pokemon. However, after it arrived he told me he dropped a whole $80 + shipping costs as it was a Pokecenter exclusive.

So not quite something I bought, but it's the most expensive piece of Pokemon merch I own.

Psychic

Really and truly
Probably my giant female Meowstic plush from the Espurr Wanted! promotion. She was $45, which is more than I usually feel comfortable spending on a single item, but I really wanted her, so she was a birthday present to myself. It's a lovely plush, but I wish I had a good way to display her, since she can't stand on her own. :<

~Psychic

mawileoftermina

Mawile Fan
I just spent 60$ on that new Mega Mawile plush haha. It was a gift and self-care to myself to help me cheer up after I lost a significant other who I was close to. I'm excited for it to arrive in the mail in a week!

Shayminslicker

Comes out of Nowhere
Spent about $60 on a Ho-oh plush from the Pokemon Center. I'm still glad that I bought it! I wish I could have gotten Lugia too.....

My UFO Feraligatr plush is definitely my most expensive item, but I got it as a gift. That thing goes for like $80-$120 plus shipping. (Usually $100 or more)

The most I have personally spent on a single Pokemon item was probably my Japanese Serperior Pokedoll, which was $55 plus shipping. I wasn't very happy about that price, but I bought it years ago and I didn't know if that plush would be easily obtainable/released internationally, so I kind of snatched it up within a few months of its release. Looking back I should have waited. My other expensive items were my Substitute plush, which was $40, and I did spend $60 on a plush lot of seven on ebay a couple years ago.

Mizz Nikki

Operations Director
Probably the Pikachu sweatshirt that I ordered from Hot Topic. It was originally like $55, I believe but I actually got it for like $45 since everything on the website was on sale. Plus tax and everything, it came to about $50 and I can't remember buying anything more expensive than that.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Currently my most expensive Pokemon item is a talking Oshawott plushie that I imported from Japan. It cost me about $45 (not counting shipping), but I love it lol.

Archangel Azazel

Fallen Angel
Might not seem like much but the Yveltal from the Pokemon Center website when it first was showing previews of its products. Well, thats with me buying it for myself but I think my brother got me what so far is the most expensive thing I own of Pokemon which is a "Trainer Size"? Eevee he bought at the Kon-ichiwa (sp) Con. He said it costed like $40 or so. I was surprised to say the least, haha.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Mine are the games themselves and the Yveltal and Plasma Blast Elite Trainer boxes. The Yveltal box actually gave me both Wigglytuff, two Aromatisse (one holo and one reverse holo), Zoroark, a Malamar, holo Gogoat, reverse holo Rhydon,and Beedrill.

Viviaren

Smug Snek
My Sleeping Kalos Starter set was $189, but my mum paid for half and I paid for the other half.So I guess they were the most expensive.
Well, I didn't actually buy it myself (my Mum brought if for me as a Christmas present), but my Giant Pokemon Center Wailord was $125. It’s ridiculous how much people are selling them on Ebay for, but since I live in Australia were they sell no Pokemon Center merch, it’s the only way to get them :/ I still love him though.
As for the most expensive thing that I’ve brought, well that would have to go to a plushie that I only brought yesterday. The big-size Female Meowstic plushie from the Espurr WANTED! promotion. She was $76 0-0.

Last edited: