• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What's your opinion on pokemon platinum?

*futachimaru*

Music Maker/ Dreamer
I have played pearl and platinum and found that platinum has a more exciting plot. i absolutely LOVE the distortion world

Whats your opinion?

PokeTrainerJay

High in the Sky
Are you comparing Platinum to Pearl? If so I prefer Platinum as it has the Battle Frontier, The Club where you rebattle gym leaders and all the things that Pearl has (I think).

But overall I give it a 6/10. It is probably because I am not keen on the Sinnoh region but the Storyline is good.

Last edited:

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Platinum is only better than diamond and pearl for these reasons.
1. you can rebattle the gym leaders you defeated unlike DP
2.It has the battlefrontier which is great.
3.It has an interesting plot change around the 7-8th gym.
Over all score 7/10

AwesomeSauce117

Nostalgia Addict
It's better than D/P.

ShadowSplash

Spring is Coming!
Not a fan of the Sinnoh region, but as far as Platinum goes, I really enjoyed the plot. The Distortion World was very exciting, and the new Pokemon formes were great.

Nebbio

NINJA!
I have to admit I love Platinum. 9/10 but no-one cares about my opinion.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free

Well its just your opinion but 9/10 is way to high for a sinnoh game.

Kalosian

So long
I do care as you seem to be the first one in this thread to share my opinions about it.

As for my own opinion, I loved Platinum as well. Definitely my favorite Pokemon game before B/W were released. I find it better than D/P despite playing both of them much more than Platinum. Pretty much everything that was added in Platinum made it awesome. And the fact that Sinnoh is one of my favorite regions does not make it worse either. Overall, I would without any doubt give it a perfect score if I were to rate it, though I have to admit that it is not as good as B/W. Compared to HG/SS on the other hand, it deserves at least 20 out of 10.

Nebbio

NINJA!
I do care as you seem to be the first one in this thread to share my opinions about it.

As for my own opinion, I loved Platinum as well. Definitely my favorite Pokemon game before B/W were released. I find it better than D/P despite playing both of them much more than Platinum. Pretty much everything that was added in Platinum made it awesome. And the fact that Sinnoh is one of my favorite regions does not make it worse either. Overall, I would without any doubt give it a perfect score if I were to rate it, though I have to admit that it is not as good as B/W. Compared to HG/SS on the other hand, it deserves at least 20 out of 10.

Admittedly HG was quite a fun game to play but Platinum for me trumped HG in my opinion.
I think everyone prefers HG/SS to Platinum because of:

1)The extra region after the main game-play.

2)The nostalgia reminding them of the days they played their G/S until the internal battery ran dry.

3)People for reasons unexplained hate Sinnoh.

4)You have a cute Pokemon following you around but who wouldn't want that.:D :D :D

Last edited:

Kalosian

So long
Admittedly HG was quite a fun game to play but Platinum for me trumped HG in my opinion.
Yep, same here. I thought it would be the other way around before playing HG/SS, but after playing them, I realised that it wasn't like that at all.
I think everyone prefers HG/SS to Platinum because of:

1)The extra region after the main game-play.
I thought Kanto was at its very best in FR/LG, it felt very empty and shallow in HG/SS... but still much better than in G/S/C. The fact that they had two small regions meant that these would have less content than one big region. And I prefer one big region as opposed to two small ones.
2)The nostalgia reminding them of the days they played their G/S until the internal battery ran dry.
I never really liked G/S/C, I think all other games in the main series are better than them for a number of reasons. HG/SS showed me the bad part of nostalgia as they didn't fix all the major flaws that plagued the originals (and that I never thought of when I played them as a kid as I couldn't compare them to the newer games at that time).
3)People for reasons unexplained hate Sinnoh.
Which I can not understand at all. I have never seen anybody give any logical explanation to why Sinnoh was such a "bad" region. Never. If someone said the same about Johto, I would understand, but Sinnoh? No, not a chance.
4)You have a cute Pokemon following you around but who wouldn't want that.:D :D :D
Yeah, who wouldn't?
Even I would... for a while. Until it started to annoy me. The following Pokemon didn't add anything to the gameplay, which it could have done if Gamefreak had put some thought behind it. The animations felt poorly done as the following Pokemon never stood still. The fact that you could't turn it off manually and permanently made me angry. And even worse, you couldn't get the anime-feeling that I think they wanted you to have as you were always forced to have the first Pokemon in your party follow you.

It's also great to see that there are other people on the forums who prefer Sinnoh and D/P/P over Johto/Kanto and HG/SS. I usually feel left out as I rarely see anyone with the same opinion as me when it comes to this. Nebbio, you are amazing.

Last edited:

The_Lens_of_Truth

Canada's Air Force!
I find Platinum better than DP, but HG/SS were better than Plat.

orangezilla

Who's dar man
Platinum is my favourite game ever, but then I haven't played HG/SS yet and I have a feeling they're gonna be really good

Casty

Nah, I acknowledge all the improvements in Plat, but I still prefer my good ol' Pearl. Don't ask me why, I just do.

Larry

I found it to be slightly better than D/P. I wasn't too big on HG though so I like it better than that.

Cruisin'

Never played D/P but considering I have always liked the third game more than the previous two, I'm sure I'd like Platinum more, simply for the extra content.

Crystal was and still is my favorite Pokemon game ever.

ViperQueen

RAWR!!!
I liked it more than Diamond and Pearl. There are many choice to choose from at the frontier than the Battle Tower. Your also able to catch both Palkia and Dialga.

Arceus94

I like the Shard people <3 Outrage for everybody xD