• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What's your opinion on the Ever Grande Conference (Hoenn League)?

How good/bad was the Hoenn league?

• Total voters

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure
I'm very curious on what people thinks about this league. I think it's overall decent but it could have been so much better! Something just feels off about this league.

Adding a poll and feel free to say your opinion.

Second best league.
I'll write more later because MY TEAM JUST WON THE STANLEY CUP!!!!!

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
Very good league,like the Indigo League it had many different battlefields that were displayed (Water) (Rock) (Ice) (Grass),it was a long and grueling league compared to the others considering the fact that there were 250+ trainers that competed.Ash only used his Hoenn team and made it all the way to the top 8 which showed his growth as a trainer.The battles on average were right around the same as the ones from the Johto League that's why I always had a hard time choosing which league was better.Hoenn League has more on screen battles (including 3 full battles) while the Johto League has a better final 1 v 1 featuring Charizard and Blaziken and Ash had used his reserves.The Ash vs Katie battle is what gives the Hoenn League the slight edge for me.

RafaSceptile

I don't think is baaad???
But like, outside of Ash vs Katie I think the league is very forgettable. That battle and Grovyle were basically the spotlight of the league. Ash vs Morrison is basically the 6vs6 version of Lana vs Mallow and we don't talk about the conclusion of Ash vs Tyson.

Imo, third worst league, but still way better than Kanto and Unova.

Pokemonfan5

I like how this league is beta version of Alola league where we got to see some battles other than Ash and almost all of Ash's pokemons got to shine here, Ash vs Katie is probably best non major rival league battle in anime, Ash reaching Top 8 with completely new team was great way to show his growth BUT

The worst part is none of the battle has any strong story behind them like other major rivals from Gary to Tapu koko which make this league very underwhelming, Ash vs Morrison has terrible start and there was too many double KO, battles was so short that Ash vs Tyson 6vs6 can fit into single episode

MetaMantis

Offline until Ash vs Leon
One of the worst handled leagues in the entire series. Ash's rivalries in Hoenn were basically non-existent. He should have had at least 1 long running rivalry throughout Hoenn, but he didn't, and that made the battles against random female trainer, the fat orange kid, and Puss in boots really shallow and meaningless.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I like having 3 6v6s (despite Morrison being a glorified 6v3), the Meowth subplot was actually pretty nice, and Ash vs Tyson showed that a good 6v6 can be done in 1 episode, but it's brought down because we barely even knew anyone involved

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Alright time to give my unpopular opinion:

Hoenn league was just bad. The rivals were awful, Morrison, his whole rivalry and battle were just awfully written, BW style of writing istg
Tyson was so weak, his puss in boots storyline for Meowth was so boring and his win against Pikachu just feels so damn unsatisfying, BS and again, boring

Characters were just not written well at all this league. The main two battles aka with Morrison and Tyson were awful
Ash's Hoenn team didnt even reach its full potential by the league arc
It's funny how the double battle and battle with Katie were the best parts, with very well written battles, yet well, zero investment in the characters themselves

Has its moments but it's just....forgettable imo. It leaves no impact on me, and that is honestly bad imo

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
From pokemonbattlefanatic point of view when he talks about there being several battles, strategies and battlefields, it's very good.

From @SerGoldenhandtheJust point of view if we talk about the narrative, the lack of impact and rivals, it's a bit mediocre

So... 6-7/10
I clearly value battles more than I do characters.If you take Gary out of the Johto League is it better than the Hoenn League?

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
One of the worst handled leagues in the entire series. Ash's rivalries in Hoenn were basically non-existent. He should have had at least 1 long running rivalry throughout Hoenn, but he didn't, and that made the battles against random female trainer, the fat orange kid, and Puss in boots really shallow and meaningless.
This determines who's truly a fan of the AG as a whole and who's only a fan of AG because of the Battle Frontier.

Hoenn League is a 8.5/10

Last edited:

DayQuil95

Mediocre. The amount of 6v6 battles was pretty fun, and Ash vs Katie was damn great, but Ash vs Morrison was horrible, and some other battles were just really forgettable, doesn't help that it also is completely overshadowed by the far superior Battle Frontier and Sinnoh League, but I'd definitely put it above Kanto, Unova, and on par with Kalos.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I clearly value battles more than I do characters.If you take Gary out of the Johto League is it better than the Hoenn League?
Yep I'd say Johto League is still better coz it's still hilarious at times with the Ash, Brock, Misty banter and we get stuff like preliminaries, points system and Vincent from Raikou specials, all of which was so cool to me. Same with Harrison, Ash's loss made sense and was written well
And assuming Gary isn't there and we get like Katie 2.0, sure the value will go down because of less investment, but the battle will still be great

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
Yep I'd say Johto League is still better coz it's still hilarious at times with the Ash, Brock, Misty banter and we get stuff like preliminaries, points system and Vincent from Raikou specials, all of which was so cool to me. Same with Harrison, Ash's loss made sense and was written well
And assuming Gary isn't there and we get like Katie 2.0, sure the value will go down because of less investment, but the battle will still be great
So Ash,Brock,Misty banter is more important than actual 1 v 1 and 2 v 2 battles which is what you get in the Hoenn League plus there's banter between Ash & Morrison outside the battlefield and backstory for Tyson's Meowth.Gary being replaced by someone as good as Katie is doubtful,the battles in OS haven't reached that level yet.