• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What's your opinion on the Ever Grande Conference (Hoenn League)?

How good/bad was the Hoenn league?

• Total voters

Bendicion

Water Master
Honestly, this is a league that I never really remember too well. It just sorta came and went to me. It's alright though.
Overall, a pretty damn poor league to accompany a poorly done Grand Festival.

RetroPokeFan

Oof, not all that memorable to be honest.

I never gave a monkey's about any of Ash's "rivals" here and I certainly could not care about stupid Morrison with his voice that sounds like Goku with a bad cold (still love ya though Sean Schemmel) and his hissy childish little fit he had during his battle with Ash just done for "Gasp! The drama!".

Even the ending just felt a bit silly with that funny Meowth in the boots and especially not great for a 6v6 battle.

Ice boy Glalie certainly put on a good show and I guess this is still better than the Kanto league. But even then for me, this is near the bottom of the totem pole: not utter tripe like Unova but certainly not on the other league's level either.

raichu27

I thought it was good. It was fun to see Ash and Morrison battle and have a lot of similarities. Would've loved to see Ash win against Tyson, though, and use Tailow at first instead of Corphish against Hariyama.

Krackochu

This is hard I care about the story and the characters but I enjoy battles.

I'll say this the Pokemon anime has a lot of good lore and backgrounds to it when it comes to stuff I love speculating about.

The battles were fun but I hated how Pikachu jobbed I wish the battles were more cool. Swellow was goat and so was glalie

Like to 2v2 have this bad problem where once one pokemon gets knocked out another will two. Would've been awesome to see ash on the back burner with swellow constantly fighting 2 pokemon.

I enjoy it.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
What am I supposed to explain? It is literally the only Tyson's Pokemon that actually got a backstory and is Tyson's last card.
Yet it's the very same pokemon everyone continues to clown on.It was at full health when Tyson brought it out yet it struggled against Pikachu who had already battled with Metagross.Earlier Tyson's Sceptile tied with Ash's Glalie who was arguably Ash's strongest pokemon,Metagross and Hariyama both took out 2 of Ash's pokemon before fainting.So it's kinda hard to say who was the clear cut #1 for his team,his lineup was just as balanced as Ash's.

Damerdal

[Dam]n h[er] Gan[dal]f!
Yet it's the very same pokemon everyone continues to clown on.It was at full health when Tyson brought it out yet it struggled against Pikachu who had already battled with Metagross.Earlier Tyson's Sceptile tied with Ash's Glalie who was arguably Ash's strongest pokemon,Metagross and Hariyama both took out 2 of Ash's pokemon before fainting.So it's kinda hard to say who was the clear cut #1 for his team,his lineup was just as balanced as Ash's.

Meowth was his best Pokemon, but his entire team was super balanced, which is why he won the entire tournament.

The Hoenn League was awesome, second only in depiction to the Sinnoh League (Ash vs Paul was too hype).

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
What am I supposed to explain? It is literally the only Tyson's Pokemon that actually got a backstory and is Tyson's last card.
Gary and Harrison had Blastoise and Blaziken at the Johto League.Tyson's is debatable,his team is very balanced.Barry's was Empoleon.Paul had more than 1 ace at least by the time the Sinnoh League rolled around and his Drapion/Ursaring aren't too far behind them either.
Most of them does not have such feats to warrant a Tier 1 rank.
So you have Paul's Torterra at Tier 2 then.
Potentially