• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What's your opinion on the Lumiose Conference (Kalos League)?

MetaMantis

Offline until Ash vs Leon
You know the drill. Here we go. The Good? The Bad? and the improvements?

eKcRAzHsHicyHykAqSJCpju139qFIRiPJt4v25TtMXA.jpg

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
It has the best animation out of all the leagues,decent to good battles with some strategy involved.The only problem is I wasn't really all that invested the frog war hijack might have something to do with it.Earlier I said I value battles over characters well this one will be an exception to that rule.

I will admit the battles are all superior to the ones from the Johto League but I like the Johto League more because of the reserves Ash used particularly Charizard,Squirtle and Bulbasaur.I didn't care about XY Ash or his team,if I go back to rewatch it would just be the two full battles featuring Sawyer and Alain but it would be on a very rare occasion.

7.5/10

Shadow_Kxng79

Cool league but it was obvious that the writers had more priority on Ash v Sawyer and Ash v Alain over the rest of the battles in the league

DayQuil95

Mediocre. Bad pacing, two battles, horrible result that was further made worse by the hype from Ash possibly winning, and the likes of Noivern and Goodra only jobbing rather than getting what they deserved.

It has some good stuff though, like the excellent animation, decent strategies, and the way it's just really flashy alongside setting up to the Team Flare arc.

RafaSceptile

It sets in Kalos with its wonderful characters, Pokemon and artstyle. Automatically Pure perfection
Can you at least try to be objective for once?

Visually it is the best league but a lot of the writing is as messy if not more than the Alola League with stuff like the Furfrou trainer, skipping directly to the semifinals, returning Goodra only to make him lose twice and we don't even talk about the biggest meltdown this community ever had. This is FAR from perfect.

Overall, a decent league because of the visuals, but not much else to add.

Pokemonfan5

4th best league, Two amazing animated battles, great team flare arc build up episode

but it's too much rushed, probably has worst league opening episode ever even worst than Unova League opening and it focus on this unnecessary furfrou trainer, Ash was treated like side character that all of his battles was skipped til semi finals and he won only ONE battle in entire league on screen, there is barely any switching in both 6vs6 battles and lazy writing to rush the battle as Greninja is the only pokemon who need spotlight

Last edited:

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure
7/10
An overall pretty decent league.
Ash vs Sawyer and Alain were pretty good performanced, written and animated battles. They are easily top 5 best battles in the anime. However, my issue with this league is that it was rushed as heck which made it harder to enjoy.
Also Ash should have won it. He was robbed by the plot yet again.

Eevee903

You are awesome!
Decent. Not perfect by any means, just decent.

The good:
-the animation
-development for Sawyer and Ash
-Team Flare afterwards

The bad:
-rushed
-the Chespin lost part, sequel to Axew gets lost.

My top 5 Leagues:
1. Sinnoh
2. Alola
3. Kalos
4. Hoenn
5. Jotho

The Master 8 Tournament wont be in the top 5 I feel for many reasons.

Xuxuba

Don't care that much about Ash battling random people, tho i guess it would have been nice if he got to battle Tierno or if Sanpei was there for him to fight.

As for Ash vs Alain and Ash vs Sawyer, i truly enjoyed them in terms of animation, choreography and score. Probably my favorites in the show.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
The Sawyer and Alain battles? Chef's kiss, with beautiful animation and visuals and in case of Sawyer, a satisfying storyline

But the league as a whole? Meh.
I'd place it above Hoenn, Kanto, Unova but below Sinnoh, Johto and Alola
The opening episode was horrible imo, the Charizard battle was trash, with the end result the furfrou trainer storyline is just laughable and atrocious, and we don't even see Ash battle
The furfrou storyline alone could have carried that episode if it had a satisfying payoff, but with the result we got it just feels even more annoying

The Tierno vs Sawyer battle was decent, but I HATE how Ash vs Astrid was just skipped. It could have been such an interesting battle and allowed Hawlucha to shine as it was one of the best Kalos mons and beat Mega absol, and instead it's offscreened. We see not a SINGLE battle of Ash and lo and behold, it's semis time

Also, why the hell does Trevor have Mega charizard but Tierno doesn't have Mega Blastoise? That's one complaint I have with Sawyer vs Tierno

Now Ash vs Sawyer was excellent, and the battle of Ash vs Alain was excellent but well, we all know the end result and I don't think I need to state why the end result is so disappointing and unsatisfying

And the break episode was less placing emphasis on the fact Ash is in the finals, his relationship with Alain and all, and more hyping up Team Flare arc. Which honestly sums up the Kalos League, an arc hyped up ever since the end of BW technically, with major stakes and potential, until it was completely shafted for the new Team Flare narrative. Granted, the Team Flare arc was AMAZING, but man the Kalos league suffered for it.

All in all, great battles, poor writing

Positives
-Greninja
-Ash vs Sawyer, Narrative
-Best animation
-I liked that the 3 main characters of the League all had 2 battles. Alain, Ash and Sawyer. In the Sinnoh League we only watch 2 for Paul and 4 for Ash which is not balanced
-Quality over Quantity

Negatives
-Too short / rushed
-Too much hype for a mediocre reward

Neutral
Alain vs Trevor
Sawyer vs Blastoise boi

7.7/10 !

Last edited: