• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What's your opinion on the Manalo Conference? (Alola league)

How good/bad was Alola league overall?

• Total voters

Sham

The Guardian of War
Loved it. Still kind of go back and forth between episodes from time to time. Every battle was pretty much unique in its own way. Ash’s and Gladion’s felt the most emotionally charged since they’ve been through so much and you can really tell they respected each other.

SM also really went there with some of the battles. Lana vs Guzma? Still one of the most brutalist battles ever in the series.

I know it gets a lot of critique on the qualifications of entering but it’s one of the most memorable leagues imo

Last edited:

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Loved it. Still kind of go back and forth between episodes from time to time. Every battle was pretty much unique in its own way. Ash’s and Gladion’s felt the most emotionally charged since they’ve been through so much and you can really tell they respected each other.

SM also really went there with some of the battles. Lana vs Guzma? Still one of the most brutalist battles ever in the series.

I know it gets a lot of critique on the qualifications of entering but it’s one of the most memorable leagues imo
It wasn't that great, Lillie didn't get the chance to be the dream crusher :cool:

Applecorp

It was kind of bad. Everyone who wasn't Ash, Guzma or Gladion sucked because the writers still didn't know how to do tournaments properly. Ash vs Kukui was the best battle in that mini-arc even though it was an exhibition match and not part of the main tourney itself. That says it all lol.

GLTSRY

Sorry not sorry for my smugness
I always wonder what’d have happened if Ash didn’t rejoin with Naganadel. Would he use a reserve? Would it be a 6 v 5? Would Kukui also restrict himself to 5 Pokémon?

Heck, how would’ve the exhibition match against anyone else regather than Ash been?

Will have to say Pikachu vs Zoroark was genius and I loved the Z Move clash.
Counter counter with counter was a cheap way for Ash to “win” his “first” league and what brings down the Ash vs Gladion fight as a whole. Like SM is doing it because… wait for it… comedy
But Scizor being KOed vs Guzma was funny

doofinc

get rillaboomed
Kinda wish they just made Masked Royal the Champion of Alola from the start or at least known as the strongest trainer in Alola (idk if they explicitly called him that; I didn't watch most of SM) and framed the Alola League as "Winner of the Alola League gets to fight Masked Royal to be champion". Puts some actual stakes around Ash vs Kukui instead of a foregone conclusion that he wins. Same outcome of course, but a slight improvement on the world building IMO

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Kinda weird how small the battles were but the point was to get people hyped about battling in Alola, where it really wasn't that big of a sport, which is why only Ash and Kukui even had full teams. That said, Ash vs. Kukui is easily the best battle we currently have.

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
The best school related tournament in the anime!

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
Surprising that trainers who never trained managed the top 8. That’s definitely a big feat, the power of sandwiches is something else.