• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What's your opinion on the Vertress Conference (Unova league)?

How good/bad was Unova league overall?

• Excellent

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Pretty good

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Decent/alright

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Bad

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • Very bad

Votes: 15 30.0%
  • Hot garbage

Votes: 20 40.0%

• Total voters

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure
Well here we go.
What's your thought on the Unova League?

Besides Ash vs Stephan, it was trash. Ash vs Trip being a 1v1 is a travesty and Ash should have won against Cameron. That was embarassing.

MetaMantis

Offline until Ash vs Leon
Ash should have gotten to the semis. It should have been Stephan in top 16. Trip in top 8, and Iris in top 4. (Yes, I would enter Iris into it. I would have Iris already have 7 badges by the time she meets Ash, she just can't beat Drayden for her 8th.) He would then lose in top 4 to Iris, and Iris would go on to win.
Cameron can suck it., and Bianca was done dirty. I'd also enter in Hugh from the B2W2 games, would tie into the Plasma plot nicely.

Edit: Remove Virgil. He should have just been a COTD.

Leonhart

Imagineer
It was quite horrendous overall from my perspective. The fact that Kotetsu defeated Satoshi despite having one less Pokemon on his team and conveniently evolving his Riolu at the last minute will always irk me, but there were other problems such as Virgil not getting a chance to battle Satoshi in the tournament, and BW105 being one of the most intrusive and unnecessary filler episodes of the saga, or quite possibly in the whole series, period.

On the bright side Satoshi's lesser seen Pokemon that he had stored with Araragi-hakase managed to come in handy, as did Chaoboo and Waruvial. So I was at least pleased that screen-time for Satoshi's Isshu team was distributed well enough.

MetaMantis

Offline until Ash vs Leon
It was quite horrendous overall from my perspective. The fact that Kotetsu defeated Satoshi despite having one less Pokemon on his team and conveniently evolving his Riolu at the last minute will always irk me, but there were other problems such as Virgil not getting a chance to battle Satoshi in the tournament, and BW105 being one of the most intrusive and unnecessary filler episodes of the saga, or quite possibly in the whole series, period.

On the bright side Satoshi's lesser seen Pokemon that he had stored with Araragi-hakase managed to come in handy, as did Chaoboo and Waruvial. So I was at least pleased that screen-time for Satoshi's Isshu team was distributed well enough.
What annoys me about your comments is I can hardly ever tell what you are talking about cause you use the Japanese names for even the Pokémon themselves. I always have to look them up to see who they are.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Bad league is bad. No it was actually super bad and a disgrace for any animated series and a waste of my free time.

And I am not kidding. When I watched the league back in 2012, I was saving the episodes for a complete run in one evening (had a lot to do back then) and in almost every episode I just was either bored to death or angry at every decision the staff made in writing the plot, the battles, just everything.

I don't know if there's anything I would call mediorce. Even the Stephan fight was okay at best for me but only having one fight that was not sucking againt a very forgettable rival I often forget he actually exists is a bad.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Hardcore Paul Fan
Ash vs Trip could've been way better if it was an actual full battle but the writers decided to rush Trip out of the league quickly since his story ended with Alder.After Ash beat him there was very little satisfaction since Trip pretty much already changed as a person after his battle with Alder.

But having them battle each other in a 6 on 6 would've been nice along with a full battle between Ash & Virgil in the finals,this definitely would've put the Unova League higher on the rankings.