• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What's your opinion on the Vertress Conference (Unova league)?

How good/bad was Unova league overall?

• Excellent

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Pretty good

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Decent/alright

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Bad

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • Very bad

Votes: 15 30.0%
  • Hot garbage

Votes: 20 40.0%

• Total voters

Flashyspark

One of the worst things I've ever seen. There were no redeemable qualities to it just a mind**** of bad writing and unmet expectations.

k6666

Pikachu Fan
Bad but not that garbage like Indigo, the judge is drunk to disqualify ash cause Charizard disobedience
I like axew lost episode cause we saw each participant interact with each other
I’m not that bitter cause we know ash would not win the league , I’m more bitter to Alain , and Leon Destroyed Him didn’t satisfied me
The league could be better if
Iris also joined the league so her story in JN would Make sense
Trip deserve full battle
Bianca deserved better battle
Replace Virgil with Iris
Erased Cameron completely or let him have same role as the hoenn guy that have metang

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Wonderful, majestic, amazing.

Sham

The Guardian of War
I did enjoy somebody battles. Ash used a good strategy by command Paliptoad to use Sludge Bomb and Supersonic to get Zebstrika to slowly faint from damage was smart. I enjoyed Snivy’s Leaf Blade animation against Lucario.

Haxorus’ lost episode was unneeded and really could have been placed in any episode. There should be a count on how many times he’s been lost.

Why isn’t Alder there?

RetroPokeFan

Horribad.

The culmination of everything bad about the series rolled up into one disgusting and smelly sausage roll of a league with an atrocious start featuring not Paul, Axew getting bored of the League and running off and one giant trash can of a trainer who somehow still managed to beat Ash and also proved to us that he had regressed rather badly league wise.

Only Stephan and his decent battle were able to escape as the walls came crashing down so good for him for trying to save the day...

But alas this is still the worst league around town. One that even Superman couldn't save and even if the Masters Eight crashes and burns by the end I still don't think it will be as bad as this was.

GLTSRY

Sorry not sorry for my smugness
The funny thing about the Unova League was that no one had any expectations to begin with, but they managed to still disappoint everyone. I mean come on, Ash’s NFE sucked so hard that he needed a 6v3 to obtain his final badge, when normally the 8th gym battle shows how strong Ash became (Clair, Volkner, Wulfric, Raihan). Also, Ash himself was really terrible throughout Unova.

I expected him to go out early to be honest, but I expected him to lose against Virgil. It would’ve been predictable, but it really was a terrible decision to make Ash lose against the only trainer in the league that was more incompetent than him.

DayQuil95

Out of all strategies Ash has ever developed, my favorite is still using Oshawott, his secret weapon with Tackle, against Hydreigon, the closest thing to a King Ghidorah in the franchise, and pseudo legendary that had potential to become one of the strongest Pokemon in the game before Fairies came.

GLTSRY

Out of all strategies Ash has ever developed, my favorite is still using Oshawott, his secret weapon with Tackle, against Hydreigon, the closest thing to a King Ghidorah in the franchise, and pseudo legendary that had potential to become one of the strongest Pokemon in the game before Fairies came.
To be fair to the poor fella, this was probably Oshawott’s best battle in BW.

Also nothing beats his team selection vs Tobias

DayQuil95

Also nothing beats his team selection vs Tobias
I don't even blame him for bringing Sceptile, Pikachu, Swellow, and Heracross... but why on God's green Earth did he decide to bring Gible and Torkoal? Even with the excuse of the Sinnoh team being too damaged to battle, why not bring something like... I don't know, Charizard? Snorlax?

GLTSRY

I don't even blame him for bringing Sceptile, Pikachu, Swellow, and Heracross... but why on God's green Earth did he decide to bring Gible and Torkoal? Even with the excuse of the Sinnoh team being too damaged to battle, why not bring something like... I don't know, Charizard? Snorlax?
Only Infernape was too damaged after the battle.

If I‘d really stretch it, I’d say that Torkoal had experience against legendaries (though then again, using it against Registeel was a mistake to begin with) and Ash might have predicted that Tobias could have dragons which, at that time, were the strongest type, and Tobias even praised Gible, though that seemed more like a smug remark. But then again, I’d rather bring Glalie as a dragon counter.

Though there really is no excuse for Swellow. He battled Deoxys, though I’m not sure if that was a movie or a normal episode.

Would’ve brought Pikachu - Charizard - Sceptile - Glalie - Heracross - Snorlax

DayQuil95

Only Infernape was too damaged after the battle.

If I‘d really stretch it, I’d say that Torkoal had experience against legendaries (though then again, using it against Registeel was a mistake to begin with) and Ash might have predicted that Tobias could have dragons which, at that time, were the strongest type, and Tobias even praised Gible, though that seemed more like a smug remark. But then again, I’d rather bring Glalie as a dragon counter.

Though there really is no excuse for Swellow. He battled Deoxys, though I’m not sure if that was a movie or a normal episode.

Would’ve brought Pikachu - Charizard - Sceptile - Glalie - Heracross - Snorlax
Tbf, Swellow was up to that point Ash's most competent bird and was practically Ash's ace throughout Hoenn, so yeah, I can see why he'd use it, just not Gible and Torkoal.

And only Infernape being damaged makes sense since he practically did 50% of the stuff in that battle.

DayQuil95

But this is the same Torkoal that put up a great fight against Brandon's Registeel (sarcasm).

Snorlax was shown helping Ash defeat a trainer's pokemon in the beginning of an episode during the Sinnoh League so there's no excuse here.

Charizard definitely needed it after that embarrassing loss to Brandon's Dusclops,had Ash used it I could imagine Charizard defeating at least 1 legendary like it did against that Articuno or just simply tying with one like Pikachu did against Tobias's Latios.
I could see Charizard taking down Tobias's third mysterious Pokemon, given Darkrai was heavily implied to be his ace.

vondecayle

Long gone are the days
I had no idea this was a pokemon league, I thought it was a junior cup or whatever.