• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What's your opinion on the Vertress Conference (Unova league)?

How good/bad was Unova league overall?

• Excellent

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Pretty good

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Decent/alright

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Bad

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • Very bad

Votes: 15 30.0%
  • Hot garbage

Votes: 20 40.0%

• Total voters

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
if you ignore absolutely everything else, story, characters, the arc itself, and even previous matchups in the fight, Pikachu vs Lucario is actually really great....buuuut well it's the cap-off to a terrible battle so....yeah

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
if you ignore absolutely everything else, story, characters, the arc itself, and even previous matchups in the fight, Pikachu vs Lucario is actually really great....buuuut well it's the cap-off to a terrible battle so....yeah
Honestly even Snivy vs Riolu and Hydreigon vs Pignite was great. This battle was well animated, which makes the writing choices even more baffling

WaterTypeStarter

As someone who watched the dub without any preconceived bias, I actually found the league quite entertaining and enjoyable. And I never saw anything wrong with Cameron before or after the league. It has mainly to do, in my opinion, with who is viewing. If you want Pokemon battles to be serious matters and be able to proudly boast about Ash's accomplishments, then you are probably going to hate this league (as you can see with many of the long time fans online). If on the other hand, you never take battles seriously and just acknowledge the battles are inconsistent, this league actually makes for an entertaining watch. Not a masterpiece (hence the haters outrank those who enjoyed it online) but nothing bad (and I actually found the Axew filler entertaining and enjoyed the antics of the Pokémon).

Last edited:

Damerdal

[Dam]n h[er] Gan[dal]f!
Just as how I feel about BW as a whole, this league would have been fine if it was a brand new rookie protagonist competing. The loss to Cameron would have stung less considering he was gifted this lineup of fully-evolved powerhouses. However, it was a punch in the face to the fandom, and no respect to the protagonist, by having Ash, who went down taking out a Darkrai and a Latios in Sinnoh, jobbing to a literal idiot of a trainer who only had 5 Pokemon.

This would have been totally impossible, but I wish they had recontextualized Ash's loss to Cameron. Convey it that Ash is now on the receiving end of a DEM evolutionary power boost, and the loss itself was a true upset. Maybe a quick flashback to Ash vs Mandi match at Indigo Plateau, where Mandi, one of the pre-tourney favorites, got upset thanks to Krabby evolving to Kingler and going beast mode. They should have had Ash be saddened by the loss, but make it so that he learns that not every outcome in life is a step forward, but rather sometimes he needs to go a step backward in order to move two steps forward later. This could have been a good foreshadowing for XY, where he refocuses, and decides to train only 5 new captures as to not dilute his efforts among 9 new captures like in BW.

Soniman

Break the Limit
They should have had Ash be saddened by the loss, but make it so that he learns that not every outcome in life is a step forward, but rather sometimes he needs to go a step backward in order to move two steps forward later. This could have been a good foreshadowing for XY, where he refocuses, and decides to train only 5 new captures as to not dilute his efforts among 9 new captures like in BW.
Isnt that exactly what happened? The final BW episode basically conveyed all of this pretty obviously

Last edited:

Sham

The Guardian of War
It's so sad Cameron gets hated on, so much so that somebody had to find who voices him, find his selfies and use his looks as a reason why Cameron shouldn't be hated, it was low-key funny

Alolan Glaceon

Glaceon master
Weak league, the worst in the entire Pokemon series. It was very hard for me to watch. Not only does the guy with Eevee hit it, he also wins the cup. It's better if Ash lost to him than to the guy who had 5 pokemons and looked like he didn't know what was going on. The opponents were average too. Somehow Bianca or Stephan even slipped by me and that's it. Unfortunately, it's not my favorite league. Though I appreciate the lack of Team Rocket on the plus side