• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What's Your Playstyle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pichu47

Fear Me, If You Dare
There are many different ways to play the game of competitive pokemon. There is Hyper Offense, Stall, Bulky Offense, etc. Here is the place to post your playstyle! You can share team structure, favorite strategies, and a lot of other stuff. Have fun!

Chuck$$$

Inactive
high speed and attack is what I look for :D

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
I just like good synergy in my team. Sometimes i follow a structure like Lead type Pokemon, Physical and special sweeper, physical and specially defensive walls and lastly a revenge killer type Pokemon. Most likely something with a choice scarf. Not how i always do it but it gives me more of a guideline on how to build my team sometimes.

Zachmac

I have a format, where I use three supporters or walls, two sweepers or wall breakers, and one set up sweeper, usually bulky.

I don't just got in and pick random ones, though. My three walls concentrate on synergy and defensive cores, while my offensive pokemon go for coverage(Ex.Physical Lucario+Special Gengar). My late game sweeper is usually just a random one I find useful, and the rest of the team is built around that.

jstinftw!

hey trainer
I love Trick Room. The fact that all I have to do is drop my speed and focus on HP and its Attacking stat makes it so viable to me. It doesn't help that I'm one of those people that like to only use Pokemon they like, and a lot of my favorite Pokemon are quite slow.

So now, they're slow, and bulky.

And then, I prefer Doubles to Singles. I used to hate Double Battles, but then I started playing in the VGC Style and I got hooked. I have two Pokemon out, and they help each other. It's a whole new level of strategizing, and I personally enjoy it much more.

I also prefer to try and use Pokemon/strategies that aren't so common. With Pokemon, that's not so hard. I like a lot of Pokemon, so I have a large pool to choose from. But when it comes to strategies, I'm little more hardpressed trying to stay unpredictable. But I try.

irock245

She wants it
I use a High and Defensive Counter Playstyle

I usually go for bulky offensnse, as that allows you to take a hit when your pokemon doesn't do enough damage to KO. Sometimes I'll incorporate other style into whatever bulky offense team I'm using, like weather.

LinksOcarina

The true master
I mix it up too much to have a specific play-style. I kind of just make teams as I go, experiment with combinations, emulation of popular styles, etc.

I do like using tricksters a lot because they tend to throw wigits into opponents plans, but that is non-exclusive and never pigeon-holed into anything, it just happens if I feel they are right for the job.

overlordmewtwo

Supreme Overlord
I love hyper offense. My general policy when battling with my best team: Hit hard, and don't give your opponent a chance to hit back (usually works, too).

When I'm not using my best team, I like strategic and careful offense. After all, too much hyper offense does lead to defeat when an opponent out-stalls or out-smarts you.

Pichu47

Fear Me, If You Dare
I personally like making really balanced teams with 3 walls and 3 offensive pokemon. It always seems to work well for me.

I prefer weather offense, and it's what I do best at. The strategy element of dominating an opposing weather to take control of the battle while not losing your own weather make it very fun and difficult to play, but the payout is enormous.

Kalslaffin

Herping the Durp
My format is a physical wall, special wall, something that can take hits from ether side, has good synergy, and can faze things out. A revenge killer, a stall breaker/back up revenge killer, and set up sweeper. I also like my walls being able to sweep if they have an opportunity to. i.e. Curselax and Calm Mind Bro.

Kalslaffin

Herping the Durp
I prefer weather offense, and it's what I do best at. The strategy element of dominating an opposing weather to take control of the battle while not losing your own weather make it very fun and difficult to play, but the payout is enormous.

Weather Offense is like using the Heat on NBA 2k12, literally anyone with a brain can be good when they use them.

Weather Offense is like using the Heat on NBA 2k12, literally anyone with a brain can be good when they use them.

I disagree. Many weather teams are rather unremarkable when their weather is gone, so you need to be able to take out opposing weather starters without losing yours in the process, so you can bring them in and set up your weather. This is far easier said then done, as other players of the same playstyle will be attempting the same thing, so you need to outplay them to turn the tides in your hands.

Ninja Dewott

Ice Cold Fire
I'm certainly an offence orientated player, and I tend to scorn the move protect. Pah! Why hide behind a wall, when you can hit your opponent in the face!

That said, I'm starting to lean towards Bulky Offence recently, mainly due to the great success I've had using Bulky SD Scizor.

Zachmac

Just saying that following a certain format when team-building often leads to bad teams.
I tinker around with my teams a lot when I'm done. I just always want ways to handle walls, and always want ways to take hits.

I use a format mostly because I was stuck on what to do next when building teams before. And even with the format, I still try and make the team revolve around a specific pokemon.

Ciliano

I have a long-standing love affair with Bulky Offense. It's not too crazy but not too conservative. It's a great midpoint between Stall and Hyper Offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.