• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What's Your Playstyle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barbeller

Scatter Brained
My style is throwing random things i think might work together and hoping it's good.

Not very good, but i'm crap so i can't do anything else.

Asbestospoison

Excellent Driver
My style is throwing random things i think might work together and hoping it's good.

Not very good, but i'm crap so i can't do anything else.
That is not only my favorite style of pokemon battling, but also my favorite style of martial arts, non-Pokemon gaming, preparing food,packing for trips, and DIY repair jobs.

irock245

She wants it
^Do not diss this playstyle. It is possible the best playstyle ever created by man, alien, and pokemon alike. Not even a team of 6 wonderguard spiritombs can stop it! Getting drunk and spamming wobbofett's counter is impossible to stop!

I make sure my team is synergetic, and still wrecks shat.

dragonuser™

the greatest crisis
bulky offense for me,

stall gets too boring otherwise i would use it more, and i like to have a bulkyness to fall back upon so i rarely use HO

Soperman

The One and Only
I usually use a combo of Bulky offense and stall. Sometimes I use sweepers, but not nearly as much.

heiiumzz

Pokemon Master
A combination of bulky offense & speedy offense.

Bulky offense to break down walls.

Speedy offense for pure damaging output.

It really doesn't matter what I start with, my teams always end up looking like this.

Counter/check to threats A-D
Counter/check to threats E-I
Counter/check to threats J-M
Counter/check to threats N-R
Counter/check to threats S-V
Counter/check to threats W-Z

It always turns into some sort of balanced offense team by the time I'm done with it, so I guess that would be my style.

mudskip

I liek Mudkipz. Rly.
I always used to hate slow and bulky guys (EXEPT Swampert) now when im team building most my pokes are more like tanks. im thinking of just rebuilding my team

Phoopes

There it is.
I don't really have a specific style of play. I've tried it all, basically. Hyper offense, Stall, Bulky Offense, 6 Random Sweepers, (etc.)

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer
I prefer a team with mixed settings for fun and a good challenge, even if I lost a lot.

Type coverage for me matters, which is why I wanted as many types of pokemon and attacks as possiblle in order to defend myself. but I do love to gimmick. Wth some horrible combos, only for the enemy to have some lost pokes.

I used a mixed set Simipour with sub + taunt + Scald + any move (Attract in my opinion)

My serperior for Dual Screening with light clay holding only Leaf Blade and Leech seed.

Chandelure holds flame charge with powerful attacks like flamethrower, shadow ball and Pain split holding life orb

Cinccino would be my Core pokemon. She's my second best sweeper of my team with life orb Work up/ sub.

Galvantula will be for coverage stab combo with choice scarf/life orb + agility

Mienshao is my suicidal lead/ fake out lead.

AmbipomMaster

#TeamInstinct
I'm currently working on a balanced team

Katipunero

Eye in the Sky
Depends who I'm fighting.
If I'm assuming they're weak and new to the game, I'll toy around with them by using a team full of bulky stalls.
If I'm assuming they're strong or my level, I'll my regular assortment of 2 physical and 2 special attackers, 1 stall, and 1 medic/ support.
If I assume I'm gonna lose, I'll use hyper offensive to try to make sure I'll hit him.

Espectra

The Ghost Type Guru!
I tend toward balance, and I always have at least one ghost type on my team!

I usually start off with bulky Walls, and then I will use varying strategies to get to my main sweeper(s).

Some people I have played say I'm too predictable, but I am trying at least :/

Status
Not open for further replies.