• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What's Your Playstyle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pichu47

Fear Me, If You Dare
Um...could you please explain what you mean by this?

I believe he means all defensive pokemon with tactics used to wear down and annoy the opponent. (aka stall)

zerofield

i miss miror
I would prefer to explain in battle

All right, lets not have this turn into a spamfest. People were just confused by you saying "aggressive stall" which is a bit of an oxymoron as a stall team is purely defensive. If you're confused about the meaning of bulky offense, it's exactly what it sounds like, an offensive team that uses bulkier and slightly more defensive pokemon to apply pressure as opposed to using blisteringly fast pokemon. You might also mean semi-stall, a defensive genre that plays much like stall but is more, well, aggressive. If you want, I can link you to some examples of bulky offense and semistall so you can see what i mean.

Gundam Leafeon

I wouldn't call my team bulky stall because the mons I use aren't that bulky to begin with. I use intimidates, snarl, light screen, and burn to make it so my not-so-bulky pokemon strong enough, or my opponents pokemon weak enough, to take the hits I need to take. A relentless onslaught of fake out also gives me the space I need to operate. Having 3 priority abusers also helps when I need it. I allow my opponents to set up the likes of trick room and tailwind because my strategy is unaffected by the likes of those moves.

thatjeremykid

.Memento.Mori.
I wouldn't call my team bulky stall because the mons I use aren't that bulky to begin with. I use intimidates, snarl, light screen, and burn to make it so my not-so-bulky pokemon strong enough, or my opponents pokemon weak enough, to take the hits I need to take. A relentless onslaught of fake out also gives me the space I need to operate. Having 3 priority abusers also helps when I need it. I allow my opponents to set up the likes of trick room and tailwind because my strategy is unaffected by the likes of those moves.

i think i might want to fight this team

AlexBW

Better, though...
I'm trying to train 3 Pokemon with High HP and Sp Attack & 3 Pokemon with High speed and Attack or Sp. attack

SmogonFreak

Make that 1 HP last!
I play HO. Once everything is released, my team will be (I've been testing it in DW OU and it works wonders) Dragonite/Chandelure (Shadow Tag)/Haxorus/Latios/Starmie/Ditto (Imposter)

dildadonz

I play with bulky offence. I hate wasting turns and stalling as it is so annoying and boring to me. You have to rely to much on taking hits. I always like the offensive pressure.

I prefer full on offense. I cannot use stall for the life of me, and I'm just not a balanced or semi-stall type of person.

Snigeln

[AE]Breeder
Since i don´t battle to seriously or do competitions i mostly build teams with pokés i like, or in a special theme (like all ice).
I almost always have a poké with toxic, but then it can differ a lot, from an all out sweeping team to a combo of different roles.

Mr. Marowak

was wrong about Gen6
I like having 2 or 3 offense (i.e Marowak, Luxray, Typhlosion or Kingdra), two Defense (i.e Reuniclus, Mandibuzz, Drapion or Tropius) and some supporters. (i.e Rapid Spin Starmie or Stealth Rock Aggron)

RivalsByNature

Lalala Not Listening
Hit hard and hit fast is my style. If my Pokemon can't easily be the first to strike with a KO, I dont use it for competitive battles anymore.

Zachmac

In doubles, I always go for bulky offense. I've never played bulky offense in singles, but I'll get around to it eventually.
Hit hard and hit fast is my style. If my Pokemon can't easily be the first to strike with a KO, I dont use it for competitive battles anymore.
HO?

Status
Not open for further replies.