• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What's Your Playstyle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pichu47

Fear Me, If You Dare
Hit hard and hit fast is my style. If my Pokemon can't easily be the first to strike with a KO, I dont use it for competitive battles anymore.

Sounds like something I would say when I was 9. That really was my strategy back in the old days. Of course, doesn't work quite as well nowadays.

Zachmac

Sounds like something I would say when I was 9. That really was my strategy back in the old days. Of course, doesn't work quite as well nowadays.
When I started, all I cared for was tanking hits and hitting back hard. But then again, that could still work today.

Also, hitting hard and fast actually does work, but it just needs set up moves like Swords Dance or Dragon Dance. Or you could do a choice scarfed Moxie Gyarados/Salamence.

(Well) Then

It's Lesson Time!
Annoy and Surprise the Opponent.

Just for example, I use a Wigglytuff with Counter and it usually works, and I use an Toxic-Stall Umbreon. Though, that Umbreon is outdated, as I used him most on the 3rd-gen Battle Frontier scene.

emboarrocks

#1 emboar fan
I chose pokemon that have high attack and speed

Eaglehawk

Banned
Gamefreak is an inspiration for HO.

Prison Mike

Muppet of a man
I have more of an offensive style of battling. Always have. I run into trouble when I find a pokemon with really good defense, though. I like sweepers. Hit 'em hard and fast, and don't give them a chance to hit back.

Zachmac

I've been playing volt turn lately. Not as good as my balanced team, but whatever. It took that team a long time to reach what it is. My team building skills aren't the greatest, so it takes me a while to make a good one.

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
I started with a hyper offensive style, but I am now becoming more defensive, I also like to annoy whimsicott is one of my favorite pokemon now.

ashsinnoh

I would say balanced or bulky offense are my playstyles. My teambuilding experience is far from decent, so I 'run into a wall' a lot, meaning I struggle here and there. Well, I'm trying to improve (guess we all do)

Kieran-kun

ポケモンマスター
I choose my fastest Pokemon mixed with my favorites and hope for the best! Haha

Ansem1013

4768-7457-8661
I like having 3-4 bulky, defensive pokemon (who can set up hazards, weather, and do other support things), 0-1 utility pokemon that can do something unique to almost guarantee a KO (like Mamoswine with Endeavor and Ice Shard that holds Focus Sash) and can serve as a lead often and then have 2 speedy sweepers (1 physical, 1 Special).

Prison Mike

Muppet of a man
Unfourtunetly, I can't have my old team from Platinum I always did good with because I can't transfer them over. But right now, my team is still more offense oriented.

Primal Crusader V

Watch some MANime
I roll with status change (speaking of Double battling), then I go by the offensive. If things aren't going well, I switch to support. But most of my supporters are Defensive with very few offensive capabilities.

I use hyper offense. All of my Pokemon have dont have non-damaging moves.

123fakestreet

Metalopolis King
That's not Hyper Offense

Half the people here dunno what hyper offense is :/

Well, right now I am experimenting with weather teams, I am finding some of them fun and others a bit boring. Feraligatr is probably my favourite rain sweeper now after it OHKOd a skarm at +2 in rain.

Hyper offense is using similar sweepers to break down the same walls. Its a very vague concept. It could be 6 Choice Banders, 6 setup sweepers, dual screen lead + 5 set sweepers or even just 6 hard hitting offensive pokes. Most people either don't understand the concept or they think their particular view of HO is the only one.

Ilan

What about 6 specs? I know chansey is a pain... maybe with keldeo and his sacred sword it would be more possible I know physical is less a deal because U-turn can't be walled

Status
Not open for further replies.