• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What's your Pokeproblem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
It is annoying mostly...

Not as much as Barry's turtwig spamming withdraw in pearl...then the game froze

Last edited:

*~Silver*~

It is annoying mostly...

Not as much as Barry's turtwig spamming withdraw in pearl...then the game froze

That happens in my Diamond game too. I can't even play it because the game keeps freezing.

Does that count as a Poke'Problem? "I hate when the stupid game decides to freeze every ten minutes!"
Sounds good to me!

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
That happens in my Diamond game too. I can't even play it because the game keeps freezing.

Does that count as a Poke'Problem? "I hate when the stupid game decides to freeze every ten minutes!"
Sounds good to me!

yep, it counts. a poképroblem is something you had an issue or a bad experience with the pokémon series weather manga, game, or anime

*~Silver*~

yep, it counts. a poképroblem is something you had an issue or a bad experience with the pokémon series weather manga, game, or anime

Does that mean that my first post doesn't count? Or would the problems you have with the fanbase just fall under the "Pokemon Series" section of that?

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
The fanbase counts too I think a few people and myself talked about how much ungrateful bastards some of them are

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
I know I had a long and drawn out conversation about it with you.

And sadly, a friend of mine is caught up in a middle of several comment wars with them on youtube....

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
Oh gosh... Some people in the Pokemon fanbase are the most annoying to ever hit the face of the Earth.

Tell me about it, at least he makes some really good arguments.

One poképroblem I have is that we're the only two talking here

*~Silver*~

Tell me about it, at least he makes some really good arguments.

One poképroblem I have is that we're the only two talking here

Yeah. What's annoying is when the entire basis of the argument is "nostalgia". I don't care if Charizard was the first Pokemon you ever had he still takes 4x damage to rock. That doesn't make him the "best of the best". I don't mind if you like Charizard, but if all the reasoning you have behind it is nostalgia then I will get annoyed. How can people use that as an argument and expect people to take it seriously?

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
Yeah. What's annoying is when the entire basis of the argument is "nostalgia". I don't care if Charizard was the first Pokemon you ever had he still takes 4x damage to rock. That doesn't make him the "best of the best". I don't mind if you like Charizard, but if all the reasoning you have behind it is nostalgia then I will get annoyed. How can people use that as an argument and expect people to take it seriously?

I even had an argument about that against a teacher at school..FOR CHRIST SAKES A TEACHER!

*~Silver*~

I even had an argument about that against a teacher at school..FOR CHRIST SAKES A TEACHER!

A teacher? Really?

I don't want to get too off topic here, but I do want to share this. I'll bring up something more Pokemon related at the end, I guess.

You can't overestimate teachers. I'm a fourteen year old girl who doesn't wear make-up, and according to my English teacher's quick judgement if you are a fourteen year old girl who doesn't wear make-up that automatically means you have no money. At the end of class on the first freaking day of school she asked me if I could afford pens. I had a twenty dollar bill in my pocket when she asked, too. I had a twenty dollar bill and a fourteen dollar Pokemon card in my hoodie pocket when she asked. I just pulled out the twenty bucks, showed her, and left without waiting for any response. To be honest, I hated that teacher through the entire year for that. You can't be a teacher, a person who has to have association with all kinds of different kids, and make judgments like that right off the bat.

I need to bring up something here, so that we can maybe have two conversations going at once...
Have you ever heard of Arceists and Mewists? I just heard about that a couple weeks ago, though I'm sure they've probably been terms for years. You know... My assumption is that Arceists are the almost non-existent Arceus fans and the Mewists are the oh-so-plentiful Mew fans.
I think it's dumb to make terms out of it like they're religions or something, but you know...

Navarch

My PokeProblem right now is trying to decide if I should start a New Game on White or Black 2...

Ughhh this is difficult.

SilverChiko

Protect The Smiles!
My current Pokeproblem is I have to release 390 Skitties due to me running out of room, oh well I have roughly 150 to go

Navarch I would say White, I know for a fact I can't bring myself to start my Black 2 over

Navarch

I have no data on both games, though, so that wouldn't be taken into consideration. This is really difficult...

SilverChiko

Protect The Smiles!
Ok based on that I would say Black 2 as you have access to the earlier gen pokemon pretty much straight away, easier to level up and the plot is better IMO

Navarch

I think I'm going with White. I liked the Story/Plot better. Old Team Plasma was cooler than the New Team Plasma IMO.

SilverChiko

Protect The Smiles!
While I agree with that my main point was easier leveling up (Thanks to breeders and better wilds early in the game), I was never fond of how long it took to level up in Black/White

DjangoCribbs

Should I even get B/W? I've avoided them for so long because they just never appealed to me and now that there is the next Gen on the horizon I'm inclined to save my money and wait for that.
My main reasons so far have been that it appears to have alot more features that actually depend upon WiFi, going online and linking up with people, which is something I can never be bothered to do and that everything I've heard from friends who have experience with it is that "It's much more about the story this time" which is rather off-putting for me.
I'm not really a fan of most of the Gen 5 Pokemon, either. Though that's less important as past Gens have proved that they grow on me over time.
Thing is, they're still full retail price everywhere I look, even the first ones. Like I said, I get the impression from reviews, Serebii and peers that alot more game features rely upon online interaction. I don't want to chuck money at a game that I'm never gonna actually get the most out of.

Status
Not open for further replies.