• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What's your Pokeproblem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rayze Darr

Snubbull Supporter
Shiny Pokemon that are only a shade darker or lighter than their normal forms.

I've been considering doing some shiny hunting, and I've been scouting out targets. In my research, I've found so many shiny Pokemon that seem afraid to deviate from their initial color scheme. We need more shinies like Shuckle, where the color change is blatant yet the colors still fit the Pokemon, and Slugma, where the color changes actually reflect another quality the Pokemon could be related to, in this case hardened magma.

Using fifth gen as an example, we have the Oshawott line, all 6 elemental monkeys, Basculin, all forms of Deerling and Sawsbuck, and every Pokemon of every form in the Kami and and Tao Trio that, if I was just looking at one without a comparison, I wouldn't be able to tell which was shiny and which wasn't. Heck, after looking over all of the fifth gen shinies, the best ones are Genesect (who's event exclusive), Haxorus (whose shiny form is given away), and Garbodor.

Some shiny forms are unique, but just plain ugly. Things like a green Ursaring and a salmon-pink Absol are just straight-up hideous. In Gen VI, I really hope they spend more time making shinies look appealing.

SimH8

One of my problems with the fan base, is that so many people are so anti change. A lot of arguments people make against things like an MMO or any new interesting idea, are just something like "It's not what pokemon is meant to be, why change it now" or "Pokemon has never done this before, better just stick with the formula". I know pokemon shouldn't stray too far from what it is, but I find it frustrating how people are opposed to pokemon trying something unexpected.

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
-One poképroblem is that whenever I try to use the Masuda Method, I can't seem to get a shiny. I had one at one point, but I accidently pushed the power button of my 3ds (thought I saved) and that caused me to restart all that I've done much to my annoyance...

-The tier system and the teams in general that most people use. I've gotten a bit of crap when I was at that one pokémon tourney all because I have 3 "nu" pokémon in my team (I did win, the first five matches so HA! to those who battled me then) I mean, the teams are pretty much uncreative and hardly anyone uses the pokémon they like... They're really good if you just take five minutes to come up with a good stategy, or something unique to make that one pokémon become a force to be reckoned with.

Cutty

Forever now
^Amateur shiny breeder huh?

~ I'm kinda fed up w/ pokemon based on monkey and pig
~ And pokemon that evolve into something hideous like old man w/ moustache e.g. Samurott & Bastiodon. <.<

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
I'm pretty sure it's something that'll annoy me so IGNORE!

Crobats, really, onlything they're basically great at is just chipping you down with super fang. It's just a flying rattita

Midnite♪

Distant Stargazer
Flareon being consistently shafted, movepool-wise. I'm surprised that it still cannot learn Flare Blitz, not even by event. The whole Fire/Fighting facade is kinda a bit stale, too, I'll admit, and I do hope that Fennekin finally changes that.

The last PokéProblem I have is more of a Smash Bros. variant -- Pikachu players that literally do nothing but spam Thunder. I mean, it's extremely easy to handle/counter, but repeatedly hearing, "PIKA! PIKA! PIKA!" without anything different throughout the entire match nettles me quite a bit.

Spawty

Claimed Golduck!
The lack of trainers to fight to train against the elite four in the Sinnoh region.

Terrible shiny forms of pokemon (Seel, Persian)

Unnecessary evolutions of various pokemon (Dusknoir) and pokemon that deserve an evolution (Dunsparce, Luvdisc)

Elite four/Gym leaders using items/getting multiple critical hits

Having 680 hours on a game and never seeing a shiny or getting pokerus (Just my unlucky Sapphire :c)

Rarely used Hidden Machines (Flash, Defog). I could pull up a map online of the area and navigate myself without the use of the hms/wasting a moveslot in my party pokemon

I'm sure there's more that I could think of, but these are just a few that just appear from the top of my head

For me, they would be-

-How Basculin is so overpowered in the early game. Early in Black, my team, even my Servine, was nearly wiped out by one Basculin. I even used one shortly, and it seemed to destroy everything. It was Adamant, though, so I'm not surprised.

-Elisa, both in Black 1 and White 2. I struggled so badly with her, it took ages for me to actually beat her.

-Unfair GTS trades.

-The fact that the patch of grass near the flute-player in the Village Bridge has Pokémon more powerful than the larger patch near the entrance. You want to train in a place closer (In my opinion) to the place you can heal, and all of a sudden, level 59 Bibarel. It nearly even took out my level 52 Sawsbuck, Artemis, with Take Down and Super Fang. So annoying!

Last edited:

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
- I see a shaking patch of grass. Ooh, an Audino! I'll use a Pokemon I'm having a really hard time training. What, my Pokemon fainted against it? There goes lots of potential XP gained...

I often find it annoying when they put me to sleep with Secret Power or use Attract on me. Sometimes it forces me to switch, which means less EXP on what I was training.

- The antique shop in Join Avenue sells me their fiftieth Hard Stone

It seems like every single item I pick up from a Join Avenue antique shop is almost always a Hard Stone, so you're not alone.

- No daycare available before beating the champion in Black 2/White 2

They are actually the first main Pokemon games to do so since the introduction of breeding. I felt kinda disappointed when I heard about that tbh. It forces me to trade eggs over from my other games.

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
When you trade away a really good pokémon for another poke, just for it to have the crappiest stats one could find

Rare Pokemon only appearing when I'm not looking for them, and vice-versa.
Suddenly getting stuck/bored of the game, and then it's like your life just crashed into a wall and you go ":("
Ash's Pikachu that should be a super powerhouse level 100 with skyrocketing stats is suddenly losing to Patrats as soon as they hit a new reigon
How your Pokemon refuses to eat more Pokeblocks
Running out of items
Paralysis ALWAYS IMMOBILIZES YOUR POKEMON
The First Rock-Type Gym if you chose a Fire starter
Really long battles happening when you have to save-- RIGHT NOW.
Wondering whether to restart or not when you're bored with the game, because you want to start new, but you also don't want to just delete your game data like that

Last edited:

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
The fact that this thread is basically replaced by the "What grinds your gears" thread -_-

Ragequiters... when my Samurott, Cacturne, or Blissey beats you, just take your loss with dignity

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
Water types being too slow unless you have swift swim, which is banned, I think

Yes swift swim is banned unfortunately -_-

People who that bash other people who don't use pokémon because it's "not for completive play"

*~Silver*~

There are a lot of thing that the Pokemon fanbase uses for arguments, mostly nostalgia, that really bugs me. Mew and Arceus did completely different things and aren't comparable, but there are so many Pokemon fans who seem to misunderstand what "ancestral being" means and therefore hate on Arceus simply because Mew came first. However, these Pokemon did completely different things! Arceus created the Sinnoh, possibly the entire Pokemon world. Simply a place for the Pokemon to live. Mew, on the other hand, created the Pokemon to inhabit the world Arceus had created, therefore making Mew the ancestral being, while Arceus is simply the one who created a world for the life Mew is the ancestor of.

So... I guess that's a general thing overall, and the Mew and Arceus thing is just one example of things I see people say and/or do that really irritates me, but I think with just that said, and avoiding a long and horribly drawn-out post, this should be understandable enough.

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
There are a lot of thing that the Pokemon fanbase uses for arguments, mostly nostalgia, that really bugs me. Mew and Arceus did completely different things and aren't comparable, but there are so many Pokemon fans who seem to misunderstand what "ancestral being" means and therefore hate on Arceus simply because Mew came first. However, these Pokemon did completely different things! Arceus created the Sinnoh, possibly the entire Pokemon world. Simply a place for the Pokemon to live. Mew, on the other hand, created the Pokemon to inhabit the world Arceus had created, therefore making Mew the ancestral being, while Arceus is simply the one who created a world for the life Mew is the ancestor of.

So... I guess that's a general thing overall, and the Mew and Arceus thing is just one example of things I see people say and/or do that really irritates me, but I think with just that said, and avoiding a long and horribly drawn-out post, this should be understandable enough.

Couldn't have said it better. Besides, when did you ever see an ACTUAL fan of Arceus? Especially from the since the pokémon dream world contest, Arceus was getting so much hate because he's "overrated" unlike a certain pokémon *cough* Charizard *cough* I mean, for all the hate Arceus has gotten, that'll make him an underrated pokemon

*~Silver*~

Couldn't have said it better. Besides, when did you ever see an ACTUAL fan of Arceus? Especially from the since the pokémon dream world contest, Arceus was getting so much hate because he's "overrated" unlike a certain pokémon *cough* Charizard *cough* I mean, for all the hate Arceus has gotten, that'll make him an underrated pokemon

Exactly. Fans of Arceus are almost non-existent because of the "Mew came first" argument that, when you look at the evidence, is completely invalid. And there are so many people who call him overrated, but what they mean is broken. I'll admit that with the ability to change into any type with the simple switch of an item Arceus is pretty broken, however since you can only switch items outside of battle, it's not as bad as it seems.

And yes. Deal with fan-boys. Charizard is the most overrated Pokemon to hit the face of the Earth.

SilverChiko

Protect The Smiles!
My pokeproblem: I am doing the Masuda Method and I currenlty have 4 boxes full of non-shiny Skitties :(

Status
Not open for further replies.