• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What's your Pokeproblem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xYachu

Spicy Tuna!
When Red's pokémon landed a critical hit on the mine (Was my last pokémon lrft and was out of potion) that was really frustrating.

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
Exactly. Fans of Arceus are almost non-existent because of the "Mew came first" argument that, when you look at the evidence, is completely invalid. And there are so many people who call him overrated, but what they mean is broken. I'll admit that with the ability to change into any type with the simple switch of an item Arceus is pretty broken, however since you can only switch items outside of battle, it's not as bad as it seems.

And yes. Deal with fan-boys. Charizard is the most overrated Pokemon to hit the face of the Earth.

Completely agreed Arceus is not that bad of a pokémon, compared to Mew, he's one of the Most balanced pokémon in existence. Another thing that bothers me is how much competitive battling has became almost an elitist sport. I mean, it's always about the stats or how the pokémon looks that people become obsessed with. I mean, If I want to use a Samurott or a Cacturne in a OU tier match, that's my business only. I like the pokémon and that's all that matter. I'm getting tired of the crap people give me for using a certain pokémon because it's "outclassed" or "not for competitive play"

Also to the people who hate on the new gens because it's "not a real pokémon" or "unoriginal". Let me ask you this, what makes it unoriginal? Describe what a "real pokémon" should be like? "What makes the other gens bad compared to first gen? If the 5th or 3rd gen starters were used for 1st gen, you will be saying the same bloody thing. I mean what makes a group of cracked eggs better than "ice cream" or a pile of purple sludge better than a living pile of garbage, or a suicidal pokéball to a chandelier that burns your soul?

*~Silver*~

Completely agreed Arceus is not that bad of a pokémon, compared to Mew, he's one of the Most balanced pokémon in existence. Another thing that bothers me is how much competitive battling has became almost an elitist sport. I mean, it's always about the stats or how the pokémon looks that people become obsessed with. I mean, If I want to use a Samurott or a Cacturne in a OU tier match, that's my business only. I like the pokémon and that's all that matter. I'm getting tired of the crap people give me for using a certain pokémon because it's "outclassed" or "not for competitive play"

Also to the people who hate on the new gens because it's "not a real pokémon" or "unoriginal". Let me ask you this, what makes it unoriginal? Describe what a "real pokémon" should be like? "What makes the other gens bad compared to first gen? If the 5th or 3rd gen starters were used for 1st gen, you will be saying the same bloody thing. I mean what makes a group of cracked eggs better than "ice cream" or a pile of purple sludge better than a living pile of garbage, or a suicidal pokéball to a chandelier that burns your soul?

Oh yes. People hate on the ice cream Pokemon and the garbage Pokemon while using the argument, "it's unoriginal" to describe many Pokemon that they don't like. There is absolutely nothing that makes Muk the blob any more unoriginal the Garbodor. In fact, I'd that that Garbodor was a pretty creative idea. Then the ice cream? Admit it. That ice cream cone is not only good in battle, but it's pretty cute too.

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
Oh yes. People hate on the ice cream Pokemon and the garbage Pokemon while using the argument, "it's unoriginal" to describe many Pokemon that they don't like. There is absolutely nothing that makes Muk the blob any more unoriginal the Garbodor. In fact, I'd that that Garbodor was a pretty creative idea. Then the ice cream? Admit it. That ice cream cone is not only good in battle, but it's pretty cute too.

Though I'm not that great in using them in battle, they are quite decent pokémon. Ever since the 5th gen starters were released, the internet was overloading with popularity for "Smugleaf" (Snivy) and hatred for "Wotter" (Oshawott). I mean, what's wrong with the otter? It's the most balanced out of the 3 starters, have decent stats and a good movepool. Why hate on the 2nd otter pokémon since Buizel? Samurott has been a great use for me in battle, especially in OU matches. It gets hate because it's "derpy", a "piplup clone", or "doesn't look like its pre evos" *cough* most bug pokémon and others*cough* I mean, if you just spend 5 min using the pokémon, you'll see how good it is

*~Silver*~

Though I'm not that great in using them in battle, they are quite decent pokémon. Ever since the 5th gen starters were released, the internet was overloading with popularity for "Smugleaf" (Snivy) and hatred for "Wotter" (Oshawott). I mean, what's wrong with the otter? It's the most balanced out of the 3 starters, have decent stats and a good movepool. Why hate on the 2nd otter pokémon since Buizel? Samurott has been a great use for me in battle, especially in OU matches. It gets hate because it's "derpy", a "piplup clone", or "doesn't look like its pre evos" *cough* most bug pokémon and others*cough* I mean, if you just spend 5 min using the pokémon, you'll see how good it is

Oshawott is actually my least favorite of the Unova starters, but I can't call the people who like it because of their in-game experience with it those who like just another overrated Pokemon. If that's what the Oshawott fan-base were like then I wouldn't call it overrated. However, it seems to me that a lot of fans say they like it because it's "super cute". The reason they think it's super cute is because it's always being drawn in chibi, which I think is an overused art style anyway. The only thing I see truly cute about Oshawott alone are it's freckles. However, Samurott is an awesome Pokemon, and I told my friend to name her's Neptune after the Roman name for Poseidon, the god of the sea.

My favorite of the Unova starters is Snivy. While many call Snivy overrated I don't quite think it is. The concept is really cool, demonstrating the theory that snakes used to, possibly, have arms and legs before evolving in what they are today. Snivy was unique in that concept because most starter Pokemon's concept was only in the final evolution, rather than in Snivy, where it involved the entire evolution line. Snivy also has proven to have very good speed and attack stats. So it's a Pokemon I like to use in-game as well. So, I can't call Snivy overrated, but I can very much call Smugleaf overrated. I'm sorry, but "Smugleaf" was just dumb and I can't believe that was how Snivy's reputation started out.

However, Tepig is awesome and is by far my favorite Fire/Fighting starter to use. Blaziken is broken, Infernape is a copy-paste unbroken version of Blaziken and Emboar is different than them both. Plus, Emboar is a pig, and, in my opinion, pigs are cooler than mutant chickens and monkeys combined.
So basically, my argument for Emboar is mostly personal stuff without much solid evidence, but I can't bring myself to say I even care. I like Emboar more than the other two, and that's that.
Either way, another Fire/Fighting starter and I'll face-desk myself to death.

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
Oshawott is actually my least favorite of the Unova starters, but I can't call the people who like it because of their in-game experience with it those who like just another overrated Pokemon. If that's what the Oshawott fan-base were like then I wouldn't call it overrated. However, it seems to me that a lot of fans say they like it because it's "super cute". The reason they think it's super cute is because it's always being drawn in chibi, which I think is an overused art style anyway. The only thing I see truly cute about Oshawott alone are it's freckles. However, Samurott is an awesome Pokemon, and I told my friend to name her's Neptune after the Roman name for Poseidon, the god of the sea.

My favorite of the Unova starters is Snivy. While many call Snivy overrated I don't quite think it is. The concept is really cool, demonstrating the theory that snakes used to, possibly, have arms and legs before evolving in what they are today. Snivy was unique in that concept because most starter Pokemon's concept was only in the final evolution, rather than in Snivy, where it involved the entire evolution line. Snivy also has proven to have very good speed and attack stats. So it's a Pokemon I like to use in-game as well. So, I can't call Snivy overrated, but I can very much call Smugleaf overrated. I'm sorry, but "Smugleaf" was just dumb and I can't believe that was how Snivy's reputation started out.

However, Tepig is awesome and is by far my favorite Fire/Fighting starter to use. Blaziken is broken, Infernape is a copy-paste unbroken version of Blaziken and Emboar is different than them both. Plus, Emboar is a pig, and, in my opinion, pigs are cooler than mutant chickens and monkeys combined.
So basically, my argument for Emboar is mostly personal stuff without much solid evidence, but I can't bring myself to say I even care. I like Emboar more than the other two, and that's that.
Either way, another Fire/Fighting starter and I'll face-desk myself to death.

We both have opposite views on our two favorite starters, this debate is getting interesting...

Well I am not a big fan of Emboar, I find Infernape as my favorite fire/fighter. But I don't see why Blaziken should be in the uber tier all because of it's speed boost ability. Sure he's good and all, but not the greatest pokémon. He's only that big of a threat if you let him set up swords dance, banded, or carries a gem. Almost any ground, water, flying, and rock type move is good enough to take him out. When I got banned from a xat chat because I used a Blaziken on my team (didn't know about the hidden ability then) I went on a 30 minute rant about why he shouldn't be in ubers Yet I forgot most of my claims on why

*~Silver*~

We both have opposite views on our two favorite starters, this debate is getting interesting...

Well I am not a big fan of Emboar, I find Infernape as my favorite fire/fighter. But I don't see why Blaziken should be in the uber tier all because of it's speed boost ability. Sure he's good and all, but not the greatest pokémon. He's only that big of a threat if you let him set up swords dance, banded, or carries a gem. Almost any ground, water, flying, and rock type move is good enough to take him out. When I got banned from a xat chat because I used a Blaziken on my team (didn't know about the hidden ability then) I went on a 30 minute rant about why he shouldn't be in ubers Yet I forgot most of my claims on why

He's a pretty good Pokemon because of those speed stats, and I would call him a broken Pokemon. However, whenever I look at him I still think, "Odd mutant chicken".

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
He's a pretty good Pokemon because of those speed stats, and I would call him a broken Pokemon. However, whenever I look at him I still think, "Odd mutant chicken".

Blaziken is good, but not that great. I don't care what anyone says, Samurott should be in at least RU. He has decent defenses and has a good attack and special attack which makes him a good mixed attacker. Both life orb set for more power, and the leftovers/swords dance set which provides good bulk and good attack. Don't even bring Feraligatr into this, Feraligatr was broken from the beginning, yet I just beat a d dance feraligatr w/ my Samurott. (If only he didn't ragequit >_<)

Losing my Crobat against Clair in HG due to a crit while doing a nuzlocke.

Same nuzlocke but earlier, Topgei using Explosion on a Hopip because of Metronome, failed to faint the Hopip even.

*~Silver*~

Blaziken is good, but not that great. I don't care what anyone says, Samurott should be in at least RU. He has decent defenses and has a good attack and special attack which makes him a good mixed attacker. Both life orb set for more power, and the leftovers/swords dance set which provides good bulk and good attack. Don't even bring Feraligatr into this, Feraligatr was broken from the beginning, yet I just beat a d dance feraligatr w/ my Samurott. (If only he didn't ragequit >_<)

Samurott is a good Pokemon, and Feraligatr is horribly overrated, same as Charizard.
Why is it that no matter which generation it's in there's always that one starter that has a ton of popularity for a dumb reason? Of course, there are people who like that Pokemon for real reasons, but there's always something silly that makes everyone like one of the three starters. With Charizard and Feraligatr it seems to be nostalgia.

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
Samurott is a good Pokemon, and Feraligatr is horribly overrated, same as Charizard.
Why is it that no matter which generation it's in there's always that one starter that has a ton of popularity for a dumb reason? Of course, there are people who like that Pokemon for real reasons, but there's always something silly that makes everyone like one of the three starters. With Charizard and Feraligatr it seems to be nostalgia.

Beats me, I just wish that people use the pokémon that they like for a change instead of bashing on them

*~Silver*~

Beats me, I just wish that people use the pokémon that they like for a change instead of bashing on them

Yeah. I hate that it's become something people take horribly seriously. Yes, having a well-balanced team is very important, but why can't you have your favorite Pokemon of the types you're choosing instead of bringing it down to a science in choosing a Pokemon with the best stats. If you look through your favorite Pokemon's stats and movepools there's a guarantee that you'll find something useful for competitive play.

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
Yeah. I hate that it's become something people take horribly seriously. Yes, having a well-balanced team is very important, but why can't you have your favorite Pokemon of the types you're choosing instead of bringing it down to a science in choosing a Pokemon with the best stats. If you look through your favorite Pokemon's stats and movepools there's a guarantee that you'll find something useful for competitive play.

Besides, that's what makes competitive battling less fun, the teams are too common or too predictable. Like you said, look up the pokemon's movepools so you can come up with a good set that works for that pokémon.

*~Silver*~

Besides, that's what makes competitive battling less fun, the teams are too common or too predictable. Like you said, look up the pokemon's movepools so you can come up with a good set that works for that pokémon.

Exactly. There's no point in having 649 Pokemon to choose from if you only take a select few of them into account for you competitive team. Pokemon was always supposed to be about diversity and how everyone's Pokemon were different, but that's just not the case anymore. In the competitive field it seems like just about everyone uses the exact same Pokemon.

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
Exactly. There's no point in having 649 Pokemon to choose from if you only take a select few of them into account for you competitive team. Pokemon was always supposed to be about diversity and how everyone's Pokemon were different, but that's just not the case anymore. In the competitive field it seems like just about everyone uses the exact same Pokemon.

Exactly, I'm sure Gamefreak didn't have that in mind. Only thing to do now is to have people ragequit to you by beating them with an Azumarril or something.

*~Silver*~

Exactly, I'm sure Gamefreak didn't have that in mind. Only thing to do now is to have people ragequit to you by beating them with an Azumarril or something.

Yeah. It's kind of irritating that when you go in, beat someone's Pokemon and have them rage-quit when you were trying to prove that you can use less predictable Pokemon and still win.
In fact, their underestimating these Pokemon is often what puts them at a disadvantage and lands their defeat.

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
Yeah. It's kind of irritating that when you go in, beat someone's Pokemon and have them rage-quit when you were trying to prove that you can use less predictable Pokemon and still win.
In fact, their underestimating these Pokemon is often what puts them at a disadvantage and lands their defeat.

Couldn't have said it better. When I first started using cacturne in battles. I couldn't believe how good he is. Just give him a focus sash w/ sucker punch, low kick, and the water absorb ability and you can 1HKO Terrakion and Latios and 2HKO Latias and Ferrothorn

*~Silver*~

Couldn't have said it better. When I first started using cacturne in battles. I couldn't believe how good he is. Just give him a focus sash w/ sucker punch, low kick, and the water absorb ability and you can 1HKO Terrakion and Latios and 2HKO Latias and Ferrothorn

Yeah. I always liked Cacturne, but I never used him in competitive play because I always love using Houndoom and Umbreon as my competitive dark types.
I used Weavile and Tyranitar a lot too... They're just some of my favorites, so...

Dew Watatsumi

Water Type E-3
Not a big fan of dark types, but something does bother me.

When will rock or steel types get a boost?

*~Silver*~

Not a big fan of dark types, but something does bother me.

When will rock or steel types get a boost?

If you look in my signature my top six favorite Pokemon are right there, but I don't say anywhere that they're my six. I even have them in order though...
The only one of them that isn't a Dark Type is Luxray, and he fights right in with them because of his looks.

I don't know. I'm hoping that Steel might be super effective to Fairy, however I don't think Rock will be. Steel is a man-made metal alloy, meaning it's a combination of metals put together to, in steel's case, make something more durable. Because fairies are mostly known to be nature spirits or guardians of nature it makes sense to me that something that proves that nature can be distorted to one's liking, as in Steel, would work as a super effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.