• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What's your take? My Emerald Team...

Air Dragon

Ha, ha... not.
Well, I decided to put my current Emerald team up so you guys can see what I've been up to and that I prefer to use my own brain to think up movesets rather than let some other guy at smogon.com do it for me. Note a couple of things about the way i raise my team though:
1- I do NOT breed for EV's. Only moves that appeal to me.
2- I do NOT give a rat's rear about natures. All my Pokemon were caught in the wild or bred randomly solely for the Egg Move.
3- These Pokemon will be traded to FR for training.
4- those at Lv 50 are used in the Battle Frontier LV 50 Division for now. They will be traded for replacements later.
5- I favour offense and healing over defense.
and
6- if you are gonna suggest sweepers, tanks and/or walls, tell me why.

Now that that's outta the way, let's go on...

Format:
Name/Nickname
Level
Hold Item
Nature
Attacks

Blaziken/Blaziken
LV 54
Amulet Coin
Lax
Slash
Dynamic Punch
Flamethrower
Blaze Kick

Volbeat/Volbeat
LV 57
Magnet
Impish
Silver Wind
Signal Beam
Tail Glow
Thunder

Shiftry/Dots
LV 50
Miracle Seed
Relaxed
Giga Drain
Solarbeam
Faint Attack
Extrasensory

Swellow/Taylz
LV 50
Silk Scarf
Gentle
Steel Wing
Fly
Aerial Ace
Facade

Aggron/Aaron
LV 50
Soft Sand
Impish
Dragon Claw
Iron Tail
Take Down
Earthquake

Azumarill/Azumarill
LV 50
Leftovers
Bold
Ice Beam
Hydro Pump
Dig
Mega Kick

I don't mind changing movesets, they are even appreciated. However, i ain't taking no "breed for this nature" or "breed for these EVs" advice, ok? i don't want to breed for any thing except possibly useful Egg moves. Ok let 'er rip!

lol, why you're ranting on EVs and such, any good player can easily rape this team.

EDIT: However, I'll be nice and give you a fix.

Blaziken (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 80 HP / 236 Atk / 180 Spd / 12 SAtk
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Swords Dance
- Sky Uppercut
- Rock Slide
- Fire Blast

Volbeat (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Swarm
EVs: 200 HP / 64 Atk / 216 Spd / 28 SAtk
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Tail Glow
- Thunderbolt
- Silver Wind
- Baton Pass

Shiftry (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 192 HP / 4 Atk / 104 Spd / 208 SAtk
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Sunny Day
- Solar Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Explosion

Swellow (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Guts
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Aerial Ace
- Return
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Quick Attack

Aggron (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 224 HP / 44 Atk / 16 Def / 224 SAtk
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Flamethrower
- Earthquake

Azumarill (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Atk / 44 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Hidden Power [Ghost]
- Encore

Last edited:
C

Carpetted!

lol, why you're ranting on EVs and such, any good player can easily rape this team.
It's ingame, not competitive. :rolleyes: I see where you're going, though.

Absol!

Sea Ruby Trainer
Quote:
Azumarill (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Atk / 44 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Hidden Power [Ghost]
- Encore

An Azumarill with no water moves? -eyes wide-
- Substitue
- Hydro Pump (let's face it. Focus Punch is... well... it only hits if your opponent doesn't damage you on their turn, and that's bad.)
- Hidden Power
- Surf (encore is bad in some situations, too much of a risk.)

Tazzler

^ Have you thought that maybe both azumarill's attack stats suck? But with huge power it doubles its attack which at max with pure power reaches about 430? And the fact that it is called subpunch?

TOY MACHINE said:
no offence but... no wonder you cant rate

ROFL

Absol, please stop rating teams. :rolleyes:

Shiny Mightyena: www.smogon.com

If you don't look at Smogon, you might as well stop posting here, as you would be wasting your time posting here. You wouldn't even last 20 turns in a NetBattle match.

T

TOY MACHINE

these absols are anoying niether can rate im dieing to see absol!'s team

Air Dragon

Ha, ha... not.
chaos952, truthfully, you may be right. I may not last 20 turns in a netbattle. But guess what? I DON'T care. I don't Net Battle and these are threads, if you haven't noticed yet, in the IN-GAME...not NET BATTLE, note... IN-GAME team rates. Thus give pieces of advice are best for tackling obstacles that would appear IN-GAME. Not Net Battle. Trainers in-game work differently from those in a Net Battle. I appreciate you telling me this, however I have different methods for analysing and rating teams. Smogon is fine and has tons of advice (I even refer to Serebii.net for advice on IVs and so on) but I don't go too technically into this. Pokemon is a game, and as amateurish as i may be about playing it, I have played it for quite a long time now and have also established the fine line between what will work and what won't. I put my best into doing what i like to do. Period.

TOY MACHINE, it's not your place to tell people to rate or not to rate. That is th duty of the mods. if they feel the need to stop someone from posting friendly advice for others on a forum board that is free to all who register to post,they would ban any such people from the forums altogether. By all means, report every post I've put up on this forum. I haven't bashed, slammed, insulted or bad-mouthed anybody in such a way to result in expulsion from the forum. Therefore, if the moderators find no excuse to throw me off their forums, you, 0mastar, *Ryan* and co. have no right whatsoever to suggest such a thing. No matter how much longer you have been doing this before me. Try reading my other thread to see if your opinions about me still hold. However, I will NOT roll over and stop doing what I enjoy doing because you guys give me a hard time about it.

Moderators, I've heard all I need to hear from this thread. You may close it.