• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What's Your Team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. pokedude

Shadow the Ghost-Hog
My Current Black Team:

Samurott
503.gif

Surf, Grass Knot, Megahorn, Ice Beam
Good moveset, but delete Grass Knot. It's useless almost always, maybe Waterfall. I hear it's good on Samurott.
Golurk
623.gif

Safeguard, Hammer Arm, Grass Knot, Earthquake
Again delete Grass Knot for something better like Shadow Ball. And Safegaurd aswell.
Zoroark
571.gif

Nasty Plot, Dark Pulse, Flamethrower, Shadow Ball
Good moveset i guess, no comments here
Escavalier
589.gif

Iron Head, Bug Buzz, Focus Blast, Energy Ball
Good moveset, i dont tend to use Focus Blast for its bad accuracy but it is a very nice fighting type move other then that pretty good
Whimsicott
547.gif

Hurricane, Taunt, Psychic, Energy Ball
No comment
Chandelure
609.gif

Heat Wave, Shadow Ball, Energy Ball, Fire Blast
Delete Heat Wave for something more like Flamethrower and Fire Blast for Psychic, that's my Chandelure's moveset and it works great.

Comments in Bold

Last edited:

Stack7

I'm trying to plan out a new team for a new run through of white. I got tired of the after game and now that I have some time, I'm wanting to play with an all new team. I'm thinking about ditching whatever starter I choose ASAP and going from there. So far my ideas are

593.png

Jellicent
555.png

Darmanitan
567.png

Archeops
530.png

Excadrill

621.png

Some type of dragon..I'm thinking Druddigon since I used Haxorus in my last run. But I may cave and use Haxorus again since he got me through some really rough situations.

The next few I'm not sure about.

Scolipede- just because I never use bug types and he is pretty cool looking. Wish he didn't have poison as a second type, though, as he would mainly be here for psychics...

Lilligant, for some water coverage, and also because I have heard nothing but good things about Lilligant. I think Lilligant is the top contender as of now since 3 of the pokemon have a weakness to water.

Joltik- bug and electric, for water and dark coverage...he is next to the top with Lilligant.

Cincinno, I never have normal types on my team and I could teach him some electric moves.

Last edited:

metagrody6

COMO UN JEFE
Current Teamies:
Garchomp
Togekiss
Weavile
Porygon2 (Eviolite)
Aggron
Gallade

I want to have a Gengar somewhere in there

Grei

not the color
Here's my take on these four.

The next few I'm not sure about.

Scolipede- just because I never use bug types and he is pretty cool looking. Wish he didn't have poison as a second type, though, as he would mainly be here for psychics...

Scolipede is alright, but is nothing special. The Poison-type is really an awful type, and I haven't heard very much about Scolipede being very fantastic.

Stack7 said:
Lilligant, for some water coverage, and also because I have heard nothing but good things about Lilligant. I think Lilligant is the top contender as of now since 3 of the pokemon have a weakness to water.

I can also vouch for the good things. I've been using Lilligant and Leavanny simultaneously in my recent White run. While both are very good, and while Leavanny's Bug-typing makes him valuable, Lilligant is the Grass-type I really prefer. She's magnificent with Giga Drain (make sure you let Petilil learn that before evolving her), Quiver Dance, and Sleep Powder, especially if she's holding the Big Root. With Own Tempo, shes good with Petal Dance, and I've seen her use Leech Seed very well as well. What's really nice about Lilligant is that she's generally fast enough to put the opponent to sleep, and can replenish lost HP with Giga Drain and Big Root. Her Sp. Atk is good enough to take out the opponent (especially after Quiver Dance), and she doesn't faint often because she can restore her own HP. Out of these four, I definitely say go with this one, especially since half of your team will be weak to Water-types, and Joltik can't deal with Seismitoad. And even in the Elite Four, where there isn't anything that is bad against Grass-types, Lilligant is useful because it can put big threats to sleep and then drain them completely, like all of Marshal's Pokemon and numerous others in the League.

Stack7 said:
Joltik- bug and electric, for water and dark coverage...he is next to the top with Lilligant.

Eh. I haven't heard much about this one in general. It doesn't seem bad, but it doesn't seem spectacular either. If you want an Electric-type, Emolga's actually a very good choice (though I recommend Lilligant over Emolga).

Stack7 said:
Cincinno, I never have normal types on my team and I could teach him some electric moves.

Cinccino's also very good. I've been using one and he's very awesome with Technician. The only thing I've noticed is, when you get to the League, he stops being as useful. I'm having a lot of difficulty using him in the post-game, while Lilligant has given me better mileage.

I would recommend Lilligant.

Zibdas

not bad
My storyline team as of now:
Golurk
Mega Punch, Dynamic Punch, Rock Polish, and Earthquake
Hydreigon
Crunch, Flamethrower, Draco Meteor, Fly
Volcarona
Quiver Dance, Bug Buzz, Heat Wave, Flamethrower
Galvantula
Thunderbolt, Energy Ball, Struggle Bug, Giga Impact
Sigilyph
Psychic, Ice Beam, Toxic, Aerial Ace
Nosepass
Stone Edge, Double Team, Earthquake, ???

Any suggestions?

darthmalice777

Dark & Ghost FTW
Getting ready to start my Black playthrough, looking for advice/opinions on my idea for the team:

Oshawott
Tepig
Sandile
Solosis
Axew
Archen

Mr. pokedude

Shadow the Ghost-Hog
Getting ready to start my Black playthrough, looking for advice/opinions on my idea for the team:

Oshawott
Tepig
Sandile
Solosis
Axew
Archen

Is this how it will stay or the pre-evolved pokemon?

Anyway I find Tepig/Emboar isn't to good because of the fact alot its moves call for recoil damage. I don't understand why everyone likes Oshawott so much. I prefer Snivy as a starter and Sandile is fantastic as a Krookodile! Haxorus is also great as a psychical sweeper and Archeops is great from what i hear.

Im not in my advise/ opinion stage right now...

darthmalice777

Dark & Ghost FTW

Anyway I find Tepig/Emboar isn't to good because of the fact alot its moves call for recoil damage. I don't understand why everyone likes Oshawott so much. I prefer Snivy as a starter and Sandile is fantastic as a Krookodile! Haxorus is also great as a psychical sweeper and Archeops is great from what i hear.

I am planning to evolve them, and I used Snivy for white, thats why I picked Oshawott this time around. Tepig, just because he was fire and fighting in one.

rocky505

Snivy sucks badly. Emboar has moves that do not do recoil.

Well I started a new game on Black and decided to do something different. I am using only old pokemon.

Treecko
Numel
Beldum
Munchlax
Eevee
Togepi/Murkrow

Mr. pokedude

Shadow the Ghost-Hog
Snivy sucks badly. Emboar has moves that do not do recoil.

Well I started a new game on Black and decided to do something different. I am using only old pokemon.

Treecko
Numel
Beldum
Munchlax
Eevee
Togepi/Murkrow

First off everyone says Serperior sucks and it DOESN'T ok! I find it the best of the starters, and as for Emboar, did I say all its moves were recoil? No i didn't i said alot which is referring to Cheren and his Emboar. As for ther one i judged, at least you used snivy once its really good. And Oshawott isn't bad. Tepig i just dislike alot, i don't know what it is but every time i see one i wanna kill it with serperior and splash o.o ( if it could even learn that or if it was even a attack o.....o

Wardek

U & I
My planned team (With some changes):

Infernape
Moves
-Close Combat
-Fire Punch
-Earthquake
-Flare Blitz
Nature: Jolly
EVs Spread: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 6 Defense/Hit Points
Item: Focus Sash
Ability: Blaze

-------

Gliscor
Moves
-Sky Attack
-Thunder/Ice/Fire Fang/Earthquake
-Poison Jab/X-Scissor
-Earth Power
Nature: Adamant/Impish
EVs Spread: 252 Attack, 252 Defense, 6 Speed
Item: Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal

-------

Golurk
Moves
-Dynamic Punch
-Earthquake
-Shadow Punch
-Hammer Arm
Nature: Brave
EVs Spread: 252 Attack, 252 Hit Points, 6 Deffense
Item: Muscle Band
Ability: Iron Fist

-------

Kingdra
Moves
-Hydro Pump
-Dragon Pulse
-Blizzard
-Ice Beam
Nature: Modest/Timid
EVs Spread: 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed/Defense, 6 Speed/Defense
Item: Undecided
Ability: Damp/Sniper

-------

Chandelure
Moves
-Fire Blast
-Shadow Ball
-Inferno
-Curse
Nature: Modest
EVs Spread: 252 Special Attack, 252 Defense, 6 Speed
Item: Wise Glasses
Ability: Flame Body/Flash Fire/ Shadow Tag (When released)

-------

Excadrill
Moves
-Sandstorm
-Dig/Drill Run
-Earthquake
-Earth Power
Nature: Jolly
EVs Spread: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 6 Deffense
Item: Undecided
Ability: Sand Force

I can't believe that after i checked the Smogon's OU pokes, and found most of mine are OU. >__>​

SasakiThePikachu

like pepsi cola
My Black team is

Hydreigon: mild; dragon pulse, fly, fire blast and dark pulse. Chosen ecause Hydreigon was one of my fave pokemon released this gen, answered my prayers for a dark/dragon, and is downright awesome if bloody difficult to raise (got him as an egg).

Volcarona: rash, heat wave, bug buzz, quiver dance and psychic. Again hard to raise because his previous form (also raised from an egg) favours atk while his nature is made for sp atk, but like the Hydreigon, totally worth it now he's grown up. It's been commented on by by opponents that he must have very good speed ev's, because even without EV training he's faster than a volcarona should be.

Serperior: bold, strength, leech seed, toxic, leaf storm. Yeah her nature sucks, but I soft resetted for ages for a girl, and wasn't prepared to keep going until a got a girl with a good nature.

Mienshao: adamant, u-turn, jump kick, fake out, acrobatics. I loved the elegant design of this pokemon, and mine has been the gem of my team. She's fast, versatile and her attack is just stupid. Oh, and regenarator+u-turn is amazing.

Seismitoad: neutral, rock slide, brick break, surf, earthquake. Planned to raise a Simipour, but this darling ended up carrying my team instead. She can take a hit.

Musharna: neutral, hypnosis, dream eater, charge beam, nightmare. It was either Gothitelle or one of these, so it'll be Gothitelle in a future game. Her hp can really absorb some special damage, and she really is a nightmare after a few charge beams!

I only learned about EV training after this team, sadly, but I wouldn't change a thing about them. They whipped every gym leader-in game, and Hydreigon, Volcarona and Mienshao haven't done badly competitively, either.

STack - I will vouch for Galvantula. Mine has bug buzz, thunderbolt, energy ball and thunder wave, and along with the ability compoundeyes he is AMAZING. And mine is neutral natures, so if you had one with +sp atk...yowza.

Last edited:

lostboy

Riolu - Adamant
447.png

Cinccino - Jolly
573.png

Emolga - Timid
587.png

Leavanny - Adamant
542.png

Archeops - Jolly
567.png

Braviary - Adamant
628.png

-Unicorno-

Think Magical!
Riolu - Adamant
447.png

Cinccino - Jolly
573.png

Emolga - Timid
587.png

Leavanny - Adamant
542.png

Archeops - Jolly
567.png

Braviary - Adamant
628.png
please use movesets and descriptions so there is something to rate.

rocky505

First off everyone says Serperior sucks and it DOESN'T ok! I find it the best of the starters, and as for Emboar, did I say all its moves were recoil? No i didn't i said alot which is referring to Cheren and his Emboar. As for ther one i judged, at least you used snivy once its really good. And Oshawott isn't bad. Tepig i just dislike alot, i don't know what it is but every time i see one i wanna kill it with serperior and splash o.o ( if it could even learn that or if it was even a attack o.....o
Come to the official Pokemon discussion thread and I'll tell you why it sucks to me.

Also I changed my team a little.

Treecko
Beldum
Eevee
Elekid
Murkrow
Numel

Here's my current/planned White team. I am playing Pokemon White... which is more interesting than Black so far. There was no Gothitelle makes me sad and I don't like the other Psychics... so I traded my bred Gothita over to White. I also traded over level 1 Giratina from HG/SS to White (well someone helped me trade it over because I wanted it for my team). Enough talking more team:

Gothita - lvl 29
-Psyshock (gonna be replaced with Psychic)
-Dark Pulse
-Fake Tears
-Hidden Power (coming soon and her hidden power is Fighting!)

Comments: fake tears + special attack = pawnage! Also, her Attack is one over her Sp Atk

Giratina - lvl 25
-Dragonbreath (gonna be replaced with something else)
-Destiny Bond
-Onuius Wind (gonna be replaced)
-Acinent Power (gonna be replaced)

Comments: I love this dragon Pokemon! It's too cute and I liked it following me in Hg/ss. I wanted it for my White team.

Krokorok - lvl 29
-Crunch
-Assurance (gonna be replaced)
-Dig
-Sand Tomb (might also be replaced)

Comments: i wanted a Sandile after I saw my friend's Krookildile. I love mine <3~

Scraggy - lvl 24
-Faint Attack (gonna be replaced)
-Sand Attack (might be replaced)
-Brick Break
-Payback (might be replaced)

Comments: lovee it's type combo. and any pokemon who can battle while keeping their pants pulled up and still kick *** is awesome to me

Future team members:
Klink
-insert member here- (could be Liepard)

Thoughts or advice?

Charizard_Trainer88

Pokemon Master
i usually always keep 6th spot as an alternate for training purposes but as of right now i have

Emboar lvl 73
Unfezant lvl 66
Gurdurr lvl 66
Carracosta lvl 66
Krookodile lvl 65
Zebstrika lvl 58

Status
Not open for further replies.