• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

What's Your Team?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mienshao (Yasminne; Female)
Hi-Jump Kick, Aura Sphere, Return, Dig-
I caught Yasminne as a Mienfoo at Dragonspiral Tower, and left her sitting in my PC box until later when I started training her so she could evolve into Mienshao, only for the Pokedex entry. As I trained her, I really started to like her. I liked her moveset too. She's one of my favorites on my team ^^.

Samurott (Storm; Male)
Ice Beam, Surf, Dig, Return.-
As I trained Storm, he really disappointed me with his defensive stats. I still use him in battle occasionally, but I'm really thinking about getting a different main Water type.

Scrafty (Kiranga; Female)
Hi-Jump Kick, Crunch, Brick Break, Return.-
Kiranga's been such a help for my team. With her nice defense, sp. defense, and attack stats (unlike a lot of my Pokemon, with horrible Defense stats) she easily made it to my favorite Pokemon very fast.

Volcarona (Aridahlia; Female)
Heat Wave, Flamethrower, Psychic, Solar Beam.-
After catching her in the desert ruins (can't remember the name.. sorry), I quickly fell in love with her. She's my absolute FAVORITE on my team. She has great sp. defense, speed, and sp. attack stats, even though I never EV trained her.

Unfezant (Shannon; Female)
Air Slash, Fly, Return, Toxic.-
Shannon has been good in situations, but I'm not satisfied with her moveset. That's all I have to say for Shannon.

Golurk (Shockshade; Genderless (I think of Shockshade as a Male)
Brick Break, Earthquake, Fly, Toxic.-
Shockshade is a work in progress at lv. 79 and I'm still debating whether I want him on my team or not. He's rather slow, but hits pretty hard. He's weaker than the rest of my team, and I need to train him, but I think I'm gonna keep him on my team ^^.

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
I'm following Ash's team style now, which consists of cycling more than 6 Pokémon at a time. It allows for more flexibility, characters, and role-play value (as well as more Pickup slots). These are not the final move sets as my TMs are not complete.

Vivi - Timid Serperior, +252 Speed, +252 HP, +4 SpAtk
Return, Giga Drain, Toxic, Leech Seed w/Big Root
Typical SubSeeder, the only possible decent moveset for Non-Contrarian Serperior. Was hard to level up though since HP or SpAtk EV-mons were not available until after Nimbasa City in Black.

Genbu - Hardy Croagunk, +252 Speed, +252 Atk, +4 HP
Low Sweep, Poison Jab, Sucker Punch, Bulldoze w/Black Sludge
The DW Toxicroak provided some much needed firepower during the early part of the game, and where my Snivy was inactive.

Tombstoner - Impish Boldore, +252 Atk, +252 SpDef, +4 HP
Strength, Rock Blast, Stealth Rock, Bulldoze w/Eviolite
Team's tank. Not just a tough-to-crack tank, but a tank with big guns. Currently debating if I should evolve it as doing so would make it lose the Eviolite.

Immelmann - Serious Unfezant, +252 Atk, +252 Speed, +4 HP
Return, Aerial Ace, Fly, Roost w/Sharp Beak
The usual starter flyer. Not as impressive as Staraptor, but it will do I guess. Didn't start training him until after the 3rd Gym.

Mirari - Jolly Zoroark, +252 Atk, +252 Speed, + 4 HP
Night Slash, Return, Low Sweep, Taunt w/King's Rock
The Zorua from the GameFreak building, I decided to go with him as a Physical Sweeper because of the lack of SpAtk EV-mons at that point in the game. Will be replacing Taunt with Swords Dance later.

Myojin - Timid Zoroark, +252 SpAtk, +252 Speed, +4 HP
Foul Play, Grass Knot, Nasty Plot, Return
The Zoroark from the Illusion Trailer in the forest, I decided to train this into a Special Sweeper to pair with Mirari for mind play. Move pool is not yet complete though.

SUICUNE - Relaxed Shiny Suicune, +252 HP, +252 SpAtk, + 4 Def
Surf, Air Slash, Extreme Speed, Aqua Ring w/Bright Powder
The promo Suicune I used to unlock the event Zoroark. EV-trained from the previous game, as well as bringing the Pokérus to my Black game. Will be a Calm Mind sweeper once I get the TM.

Matryoshka - Bashful Darmanitan, +252 Atk, +252 Speed, +4HP
Flare Blitz, Headbutt, Hammer Arm, Work Up w/King's Rock
An offensive power house, it provided some much needed fire power (no pun intended) when it was a Darumakka and my Snivy was inactive. Sheer Force make it hit like a truck on nitro, but seems to be as soft as paper now. Named after the Russian stacking dolls because it is female.

Telezza - Timid Joltik(Galvantula), +252 Speed, +252 SpAtk, +4 HP
Electro Ball, Volt Switch, Signal Beam, Gastro Acid w/Magnet
The main Speed/Sweeper in my team, it's currently unevolved because I wasn't able to get the Thunderbolt TM until just now so I was aiming for the other Electric move. Also, looks cute in it's unevolved form.

Lily, Harvester, Marvester, Chitzkoi and Grizzly - Pickup Lillipups.
The first 5 Pokémon I used the Pokéballs given to me at the start of the game. I now bring 3 or 2 with me on my team and leave 2 at the Daycare Center. Obviously for Pickup, although they provided much needed shielding from unwanted EVs during the start of the game. Levels are at par with the rest of the team.

CELEBI - Sassy, +252 SpAtk, +252 Speed, +4 HP
Giga Drain, Earth Power, Nasty Plot, Recover.
Another transfer Pokémon used for the Zorua Event as well as bringing in Pokérus. Not used as much because the level is still not reached by the team. Currently spends most of her time in Dream World.

Last edited:

~Sam~

Trader and Battler
My team was (back in april)

Samurot
Emboar
Serperior
Gigalith
Krookodile
and Reshiram

My Unova-only team is:

Lionheart (Reshiram), level 65- Love Reshiram. It's just awesome.
Likparin (Archeops), level 67- I worked hard to train my Archen, and couldn't bear to ignore it like other fossils I get.
Zero (Kyurem), level 75- See Reshiram- only put it in Kyurem terms.
Secavatug (Mandibuzz), level 60- Even before Black's release in Europe, I loved this vulture. One of the reasons I didn't get White.
Shinigami (Hydreigon), level 66- Chosen as the signature dragon type on the team.
Kirus (Cobalion), level 65- I caught this thing in Mistralton (sp?) Cave, and instantly loved it. Virizion and Terrakion didn't quite have the same effect.

My mixed team:

Ichiro (Absol)- Love this thing. Always have, always will.
Iriosearto (Mamoswine)- No reason...
Swanna- See Mandibuzz.
Yixiroz (Slowking)- See Absol.
Frifengohl (Volcarona)- No idea, but it really appeals to me. Perhaps it's because it's powerful.
Zykros (Zebstrika)- One of the best Pokemon ever.

And, because I really had nothing better to do:
Brokeriver, Grayleaf, Tangleclaw, Bluestar, Silvermoon, and Fenpool- all level 1 Bidoofs. Yes, I will be training them.

Last edited:

Kalosian

So long
The following used to be my team in White.

503.png

Samurott
Adamant / Torrent
- Surf
- Waterfall
- Megahorn
- False Swipe

My second favorite of the starters, also awesome for using Surf and Waterfall. False Swipe was a great help for captures.

586.png

Sawsbuck
Brave / Chlorophyll
- Jump Kick
- Leech Seed
- Return
- Horn Leech

Not my favorite of the Grass-types, but I used it anyway. Had a movepool good enough to be of use, though I rarely used Leech Seed.

567.png

Archeops
Naive / Defeatist
- Fly
- Rock Slide
- Acrobatics
- Dragon Claw

Flyer. As long as it stayed above 50% health, most opponents didn't have a chance.

530.png

Excadrill
Docile / Sand Rush
- Rock Slide
- X-Scissor
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

One awesome sweeper. Swords Dance to raise its Attack to great levels, and then sweep. Doesn't mind a Sandstorm either as that would double its Speed.

614.png

Beartic
Naugthy / Snow Cloak
- Icicle Crash
- Brick Break
- Shadow Claw
- Rest

I like polar bears, so this had to be on my team. A good physical attacker, but a bit slow. Rest helped it get its HP back.

555.png

Darmanitan
Timid / Sheer Force
- Superpower
- Strength
- Flare Blitz
- Work Up

Fire-type... Flare Blitz to take care of most opponents, Superpower was also useful.

Chaser26

Pokemon Long Vet
I change through my teams pretty fast, but my main one was-

Serperior, Generally highest level, but the pokemon were all on-par with one-another.
Haxorus
Zebstrika
Samurott
Zekrom
Braviary

Edit- This team won countless battles, despite the double-electric element.

Last edited:

cobalion best musketeer

cbalinisbstmuskteer
my BA team

HAXORUS lvl 100: screw you all who like hydreigon trait- mold breaker
moves: earthquake-works with ability
dragon claw- good power/stab/coverage
surf- fire types are common online sooo......
brick break- coverage

SALAMENCE-wrecks nothing else you can say
fire blast- obviously coverage
earthquake- coverage (stupid thunder move)
crunch- why not??
dragon claw/draco meteor/dragon pulse- stab/coverage

ELECTIVIRE- shouldn't have to say anything
wild charge- stab (i have thunder but this pokemon's shizz lies in attack)
ice punch- for those many flying type and dragon types out there
cross chop- coverage
rock slide- for those ice types and to help protect ^^^^^^ all of the above

SCRAFTY- great attack wide movepool
dragon tail- for getting bird/fighting pokemon to where they can't get you
crunch- stab
drain punch- keeps his hp from falling to low
stone edge- coverage

COBALION- the best muskateer dare you to criticize
iron head- metal burst is not reliable enough/stab
close combat- stab
stone edge- coverage
x-scissor- coverage

gengar- here is my special little attacker beat every elite four person but died on volkner
focus blast- coverage
psychic- why not
sludge bomb- stab
shadow ball- stab/coverage

Lulu_used_SunnyDay

Petal Blizzard
Oook so here are my teams :)

Black 1:
-Cynghio (male Emboar). My fav starter of gen 5 :3
-Cedric (male Leavanny). Cutest bug pkmn evar.
-Mio (female Simipour). Best gen 5 water pkmn, it's sooo cute! Took me a while to get a female though...
-Dani (male Zoroark). Got the event Celebi and couldn't wait to get dis awesome fox.
-Laexeus (genderless Golurk). I love this pkmn sooo much.
-Treecha (female Archeops). Awesome fossil and my flier.

Black 2:
-Senatine (female Serperior). Beautiful grass pkmn, and powerful too.
-Scipio (male Unfezant). This masked bird looks great and is good in battle too.
-Prido (male blue-stripe Basculin). Another good water pkmn, in its coolest form.
-Minnie (female Mienshao). probably the cutest fighting type ever. Had to have one.
-Neon Liz (female SHINY Scrafty). An awesome random shiny found in route 18 while playing! :D
-Bisharp (male SHINY Bisharp). A shiny I was traded a while ago. Shame I couldn't nickname it :|but still I love it.

White:
-Narvalus (male Samurott). Even though I hate Samurott I picked it cuz it was the only starter I didn't have, and I hoped it could grow on me as I used it. It didn't :|
-Robin (male Simisage). Cool looking grass monkey yay :)
-Kamian (male Krookodile). looks badass and is strong.
-Nelthilta (female Gothitelle). Awesum goth lady??? Must have. Fav 5th gen psychic type.
-Bonnie (female Mandibuzz). My fav 5th gen flying pkmn. And that's saying a lot since gen 5 has lots of good flying pkmn.
-Luciphera (female Chandelure). Beautiful and strong C:

UponTheWeb

The Shiny Armaldo
:635: Hydreigon
This is the pokemon i use the most, because i love it's defense method and he is a DragonType

:553: Krookodile
My favourite Pokemon. Period.

:497: Serperior
Probably the best Grass Pokemon i ever caught. Very strong.

Drapion
A Poison Pokemon, definitley one to use for the Elite 4.

shadow_burnt

HEAD BUTT GO!
Bagon is level 7 at the moment. I am EV training him and his has dragon dance, outrage, dragon claw, and flamethrower. He is naive but his a good player on the field.

Sarefan

Hylden General.
My team when I defeated the game for the first time on Pokémon White:
Spr_5b_503.png

Starter Pokémon. I always start with the Water starters in my first playthrough. They are awesome <3
Spr_5b_553.png

Nice typing for the game, good attack.
Spr_5b_560.png

Again, good typing. And I love this dude's design ^^
Spr_5b_612.png

Screw Hydreigon, I love Haxorus. Awesome Pokémon that defeated Ghethis on his own. Gotta love DDance :D
Spr_5b_596.png

Loveley Electric type. Was more attracted to it than Electross tbh.
Spr_5b_627.png

Cute little thing. Too bad it evolved at such a high level, aww well. I like Braviary more than Unfeasant & Swoobat. Also the reason I got White lol.

Honerable mentions that where a huge part of my team for most of my adventure:
Spr_5b_514.png

Was part of my team up untill the 5th badge, got me through a couple of gyms, and isn't that bad.
Spr_5b_542.png

Caught Sewaddle for fun, and it turned out a pretty good pokémon. So I kept it in my team untill I caught my cute Rufflet.

I am still debating on buying Black, or wait untill there is more news on a 3rd installment ...

lugia p

zekrom trainer
Zekrom Lv:100 Highest stat: 409 Attack
Fusion Bolt , Bolt Strike, Dragon Claw, Crunch

Reshiram Lv:100 Highest stat: 427 Sp. Attact
Fusion Flare, Blue Flare, Dragon Pulse, Psychic

The rest are Arceus, Giratina, Dialga, Palkia. This teem is unstopable. But I dont use it much it is not very fun.

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
Additional members joining the team. As I mentioned, I am not using a static team, so I have more liberty in having additional members in my team depending on what I need or what I feel like having. The following are additional Pokémon who have joined the core group after my last post:

Sylvius - Rash Flygon, +252 Sp Atk, +176 Speed, +80 Atk
Dragon Claw, Bulldoze, Rock Slide, Fire Blast w/ Dragon Fang
Although it's not considered the best Dragon out there Flygon has it's niche. I believe this Dragon will give N's Zekrom a run for his money.

Sol-Falena - Modest Volcarona, +252 Sp Atk, +220 Speed, +32 HP
Ember, HP Bug, Return, Quiver Dance w/ King's Rock
My Larvesta just turned into a Volcarona in Victory Road after a LONG training regiment, but now he's turned into a his moth form he simply melts the opposition. I'm thinking of replacing the Ember with Fire Blast and Replace the Return and HP Bug with Sunny Day and Solar Beam w/Heat Rock for the meantime (will be a ChestoRest later)

Mikoyan - Hasty Gligar, + 252 HP, +32 Def, +224 Speed
Rock Slide, Buldoze, X-Scissor, Swords Dance w/King's Rock
It's not the stellar DW Gligar because of it's nature, but the IVs make up for it. Even as a Gligar it definitely has a fight in it. I'm thinking if I should spend some time in the Battle Subways to get a Razor Fang (this in-story item is only available after the Elite Four) and a Poison Orb to be able to abuse DW Gliscor's Poison Heal. Named after the famous Russian aircraft company (more famously known as MiG).

Other notable mentions is Telezza's evolution into a Galvantula and the capture of Cobalion (nicknamed Bismuth). I do plan to use that Cobalion, but I just haven't had the time to EV and level train it.

Last edited:

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
Current Team in Black:

:503:
Samurott Lv75 (Male, Serious)
My starter, he hits hard and helps me cross water.

:567:
Archeops Lv74 (Male, Quirky)
My resident flyer, he is fast and attacks well with Acrobatics.

:609:
Chandelure Lv78 (Female, Lonely)
She has Energy Ball in her arsenal to deal with Rock/Ground/Water attackers.

:635:
Hydreigon Lv75 (Female, Docile)
My resident Dragon-type attacker, she slays almost everything in the Battle Subway.

:586:
Sawsbuck Lv75 (Female, Serious)
She is my Grass-type in Unova, I cherish her so much, especially in her Winter form.

:576:
Gothitelle Lv79 (Female, Calm)
She's the boss of my team, watch out for her Attract and Psychic.

I usually include a Grass, Fire, Water and Flying Pokemon plus two random types.

My team kept changing throughout the game, mainly because I loved so many of the Gen 5 designs. This is the final iteration, currently being groomed to take on the Elite Four, Cynthia, and the Battle Subway. My pokemonz, let me show you them...

Spr_5b_567.png

Archeops. The oldest of the group and the de facto leader, extracted from a fossil as soon as it was obtained in the Relic Castle. Don't let Defeatist fool you, he sweeps so fast it rarely activates. Serving as one of my physical sweepers, this dinosaur is in the running for my favorite Pokemon of all time, something he shares with...

Spr_5b_604.png

... Eelektross, who was caught in Chargestone Cave and patiently raised up as a mixed attacker in time to zap Skyla's air force. While I love the design and the fact that he hits like a truck from both ends of the spectrum, the slow speed is annoying in that he tends to take hits before striking back, which builds up over time.

Spr_5b_593_f.png

Jellicent, though, doesn't care about taking hits. That's her job. I caught her the moment I got Surf, and she laughs at most attackers in the game, what with having so many Normal and Fighting attacks running around. She's best buds with...

Spr_5b_598.png

... Ferrothorn, and together they form an impenetrable barrier of stinging cells and spiked steel. I got her after the Elite Four, though, because it took me that long to find someone to trade for a Cacnea. Having Leech Seed and Spikes on the team is definitely worth it though.

Spr_5b_612.png

Haxorus goes alongside Archeops as my other physical sweeper, and unlike Eelektross, he goes first almost all the time. I don't really need to explain what the positives of a giant spiky bipedal lizard with axe blades on its cheeks are.

Spr_5b_637.png

Another latecomer, Volcarona is my special sweeper, and she's sitting pretty at Level 70 waiting for the others to catch up. Yet another beauty whose design, stats, and movepool won me over, she has rarely participated in battle, but has dominated every time.

That's about the lot!

Last edited:

Invisiblade97

:503: Male
Nickname: Bushido
Surf
Ice Beam
Megahorn
Aqua Jet
My favorite of the Unova starters. He's got a cool look, good moves and stats, and is one of the very few Water types I like in this generation.

:596: Male
Nickname: Spark (How original...)
Thunder
Bug Buzz
Energy Ball
Volt Switch (T-Wave when I'm legendary hunting)
I like Galvantula more than Zebstrika, and has better moves to boot.

:567: Male
Nickname: Arcane
Rock Slide
Earthquake
Acrobatics
Fly
I would've chosen Braviary instead, but since I have Black, I went with my second favorite Flying type. Hits hard and fast, so its ability rarely activates.

:609: Female
Nickname: Shadowtag (Which is funny since it has Flash Fire)
Flamethrower
Shadow Ball
Energy Ball
Substitute
I LOVE this thing's concept and typing, and when I found out its stats, it was a keeper.

:635: Male
Nickname: Darkforce
Dragon Pulse
Dark Pulse
Flamethrower
Surf
I've been waiting for a Dark/Dragon Pokemon for ages, and it was a worthwhile wait. Great design, stats, and movepool.

:571: Female
Nickname: Phantasm
Dark Pulse
Flamethrower
Focus Blast
Nasty Plot
I just love this thing. The design, color scheme, and ability. The mind games I've played when using her are hilarious.

YFsGrimsley

Pokemon and Yugioh
Current Team (all Level 100 and EV Trained)
Accelgor
Samurott
Hydreigon
Scrafty
Volcorona
Cinccino

SCBoogie

i$e CreMe Man
I cycle more than just 6, but the six I am posting will be the set I used for the Elite 4. Also, I will list "/" between moves that I switch out from time to time. Any comments, please let me know.

Zoroark: Quiet @Focus Sash : Night Daze, Shadowball, U-turn, Flamethrower/Focus Blast
Dewott: Adamant @Eviolite : Swords Dance, X-Scissor, Return, Waterfall/Razor Shell/ Aqua Jet
Haxorus: Adamant Moldbreaker@Lum Berry/Leftovers : Outrage, Earthquake, Swords Dance, Brick Break
Bisharp: Adamant @Quick Claw : Iron Head, Stone Edge, Night Slash, Aerial Ace
Beartic: Jolly @Berry** : Icicle Crash, Aerial Ace, Stone Edge, Shadow Claw/Giga Impact
Victini: Quiet @Sitrus Berry/Leftovers : Searing Shot, Psychic/Zen Headbutt, Energy Ball, Thunderbolt/Flare Blitz

Victini in the last slot, so that when I lead with Zoroark, I can throw out Flamethrowers and Shadowballs without it looking suspicious. After beating the Elite 4, I switched Victini for Drifblim. Drifblim is the last thing that anyone would throw a fighting attack at, and it also works great as a lead if I want to switch things up.

Drifblim: Modest, Unburden@Sitrus Berry : Shadowball, Ominous/Silver Wind, Stockpile, Baton Pass

Status
Not open for further replies.