• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Wheel...of Frontier! (426)

JazzJazz

Kojiro said:
Anyone notice, like since the Manene episode, Takeshi's Trivia is gone, the opening is now like the dub, a short scene, then the opening, followed by the title screen. Plus, at the end of each episode before the preview, they have a new quiz section which seems to be guess the episode or something. Pretty neat too.

Unfortunately, I imagine that this new quiz section you describe will be left out of the dub... it's a shame that the Western release doesn't get many of the little extras such as this.

Haunter Hunter Sohrab

Johto Champion
Again, Scott has NO POINT being at every single one of these battles. It's like he's Ash's stalker or something.

He's a stalker in the games so why can't he be one in the anime?

greatfire

Rainbow Trainer
This episode is not that bad. The animation is good with CGI used not only in the backgrounds but also in the attacks. TR does absolutely nothing (is a battle episode, after all). I agree that a Snorlax in the games could have not lasted that long, even if it used Rest while frozen, something that in the games is impossible to do.
I think we all can now see the pattern: Ash is going to use at least one of his old pokemon in each Frontier Facility.
I also find good that the writers are using different rules in the Facilities because, after all, these are not the same as the ones in Emerald. That is why they also changed the japanese letters into the international symbols in the Medals.
Scott is there to drive Ash and the others to the Facility. He was waiting in front of the Main Desk so he was waiting from them to show up. Ash and the others probably called him in advance before Ash deposited his pokemon in the Center, probably even called him a few days before that to give him time to go to that Center.

Kojiro said:
Anyone notice, like since the Manene episode, Takeshi's Trivia is gone, the opening is now like the dub, a short scene, then the opening, followed by the title screen. Plus, at the end of each episode before the preview, they have a new quiz section which seems to be guess the episode or something. Pretty neat too.
It is not always the episode. You need to guess something different related to the pokemon in the blurred mosaic. The best part is that each episode a different character does the section.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Argh, Grovyle got hammered AGAIN. Honestly, hasn't Ash been training him lately? Then Snorlax came in and tore through two fighting types after not seeing any action since the Johto League. Ash better get his Pokemon to fighting shape or else he'll never make it out of the Battle Frontier and considering how soon the next brain comes, Ash is up for a big loss. Maybe it'll knock some desperately needed sense into him like that he shouldn't be relying on his old Pokemon to pull off wins and train the ones he's carrying all the time. (If worse came to worse, they could make training episode instead of terrible fillers.)

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
JazzJazz said:
Unfortunately, I imagine that this new quiz section you describe will be left out of the dub... it's a shame that the Western release doesn't get many of the little extras such as this.
Its no big deal, really. The quizes are pretty crappy and essentially follow along the same line as trainers choice anyways....except, y'know, there are never any screw-ups.

Flamez

Elite 4 Champion
Saw the episode and what geodude said is true grovyle did not get hammered, it was just that hariyama and greta caught grovyle while it was falling down trying to use leaf blade. Snorlax is like the best pokemon out there lol, he not only defeated hariyama and medicham but medicham hit snorlax at one point with about 30 punches non stop and snorlax just charged his hyperbeam up and hit the ground and it lifted him up in the air and then snorlax came back falling down using body slam on medicham. Snorlax i think did use rest. Crazy as* endurance by snorlax.And another point when groyvle used quick attack to get around hariyama the way they showed it was mad hott u have to see it to believe and i dont mean in pictures i mean actually watch it.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Geodude said:
It was using Protect.

And Grovyle certainly did not get hammered. It put up a good fight, but simply got defeated.

They're foreshadowing something bigger for Grovyle in the future, this and Mudkip becoming a Marshtompt are big hints. No way are they going to leave all the starters in their middle forms.

JazzJazz

jolteonjak said:
Anyone got a pic of the opening scene with Marshtomp in it? Just curious...

You can thank CyberCubed for this, it was posted in the Anime Spoilers forum...

[img139]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a65/scott85/df57ea46.jpg[/img139]

B

blazefalco

This episode was good, even though this is the only episode greta appears in, because of the battle

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
something about that battle seemed a bit off. I mean, I won't question that a Kabigon would have a lot of endurance and vitality, especially after using Rest.... however, it does bug me that Kabigon rather suddenly and conveniently got Protect. First Gomazou's Hidden Power, now this? Is Ookido providing free move tutorials to all of Satoshi's Pokemon now? Then again, probably no surprise, as he's now apparently passing out starter Pokemon that start out with Ice Beam. Also, I'm not calling out Juptor's loss as bogus, but I can't help but wonder why the hell Focus Punch is so quickly and easily used in the anime (not just here, but in every other situation it's been used in the anime). Given its nature in the game, you'd expect it to be a move that takes a few moments to charge up, and if any concentration is lost during that time, the move fails. If Focus Punch worked like that, then there should be no way in hell that Kogomi could just be able to order it on the spot and it expect it to succeed when an agile Pokemon like Juptor's about to close in with Leaf Blade, like she did here.

Anyway, a few tidbits about the episode that still have yet to be brought up in this thread. The opening theme, Battle Frontier, played at the end of Kabigon and Charem's match. Also, the Battle Arena didn't work like the game, but it was still kinda working uniquely from a typical gym in some way. Battle Factory allowed Satoshi to choose his opponent, in the Battle Dome, Satoshi spins a roulette wheel that decides if the battle would be one-on-one, two-on-two, or three-on-three, that and apparently, both fighters have to release all the Pokemon they're gonna battle with at once, with Kabigon and Charem remaining on the sidelines next to their trainer until it's their turn to battle. It's nice to see they're going for some uniqueness, but it still seems a bit like a cop-out in the long run since it STILL resembles a typical gym match for my tastes.... that, and the fact that the games already have a perfectly good set of unique rules that they're not taking the opportunity to properly adapt. BTW, I think that Kogomi's Charem is a female, judging by the voice (though, who wants to bet the dub will use the same Medicham voice that Grace's had).

And I'll end my post by saying that I friggin loved that bit where Charem was pummeling Kabigon left and right with Ice Beam.

Last edited:

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
This episode does look pretty cool, and the opening being updated is cool. I wonder if Squirtle will still be using Water Gun like that on a Blaziken...

Sushi

unspecified
Staff member
Super Mod
That was a good episode.
Aside from a few animation errors, everything looked quite good graphically. Everyone's movements were a bit different than usual, more energetic and faster.
Although, those artists could draw the characters' mouths a bit smaller o_O

I also liked Greta's voice. It sounded a tiny bit boyish, but it fit her well.
Medicham's voice was the same as Hitmontop's from the Fighting Dojo ep I think, well...it was good.

Again, I didn't care about Team Rocket this time. Except for the part where they were training with the others at the beginning, I skipped every scene with them. Just unnecessary for me to watch them saying their motto and blasting off for the 293243833942th time -_- I did catch the few seconds with Manene though, and it was totally adorable <3

The battle was great, and I see nothing wrong with it. Snorlax really is a good fighter, and it was nice to see him again after such a long time. Medicham's battling was impressive too, I loved when it made those spins and backflips before the battle.

Hm, Greta really is cool. I'll go and watch that episode again.