• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Wheel...of Frontier! (426)

£añkaÑ

~Thîrûttû R⚢âl~
£añkaÑ said:
Well..actually...yea we didn't see a scene getting Snorlax...

but he did...go back to the pkmn centre all of suddent...at that point is where he got snorlax...

OMG...there is this cool pic...i'd love to show you all...but later...lol

k...that's it...from...as it was a great battle...i guess

about the cool pic...i got it..here..I SO LOVE THIS ONE...they should do it for every single brain battle :D

[IMG200]http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/kanto/426/AG127.jpg[/IMG200]

As the battle was totall cool..

it's funny that Treecko could beat Brawly's Hariyama...

but Grovyle couldn't beat Great's Hariyma...

which kinda makes sense...as Brawly's had evolved right after the first match with Ash...so it wasn't a Hariyama for along time...

while..probably Greta's was around for a while

Haunter Hunter Sohrab

Johto Champion
I just saw the episode and it was pretty good. Grovyle put up a nice match and as for Snorlaz he made me laugh. Manene was pretty cool too. Too bad we didn't egt to see Scotts wacky driving again.

I don't think I caught it but did they mention the Battle Dome next?

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
Serebii said:
For the umpteenth time, dont discuss the opening in here...this is just for the episode

So umpteenth = one? You seem to be the only one who had a problem. Its not like my question had 5 pages of responses speculating the intracacies of animation for the opening. Geez...lighten up.

Flamez

Elite 4 Champion
Its not even about Greta's hariyama being around for longer it was better then brawly's hariyama. And to clarify it for you guys this is how it went when Hariyama got knocked on the floor by grovyle ash ordered another leaf blade attack but grovyle jumped up and tried to use leaf blade falling down maybe giving it even more force so greta saw the chance here and ordered focus punch since there was no way for grovyle to dodge, there were no walls around or pillars it could use to jump away. And it wasn't even the freaking focus punch that did grovyle in that was like a 3 hit combo in a way if u look at it. Hariyama uses focus punch on grovyle, grovyle hits the cieling and then crashes down on the floor. See 3 hit combo.lol. Same thing when grovyle used leaf blade on winona's altaria it uses leaf blade and then crashed altaria on the ground hard knocking it out.

F

Factory Head Noland

Great battle, very eventful!

It was great to see Snorlax back in action, we haven't seen it battle properly since the Johto league (I hated how Hoenn blocked out all past contact with Ash's old Pokemon).

Grovyle got beaten again...I think Ash should change it for Bayleef but maybe that's just me...

Greta sure is a good trainer, I liked her choice of Pokemon but it could've been her downfall if it was another situation.

Overall 8/10 great episode, great Pokemon (Snorlax back, even if only for this episode) The battles with the Frontier Brains are really great so far.

Bulba the Great!

We Do Not Sow
Grovyle got beaten again...I think Ash should change it for Bayleef but maybe that's just me...

Are you implying Bayleef wouldn't be knocked out after being hit by the most powerful fighting attack, slamming into the ceiling, and then crashing into the ground? I think Juptile puts up better fights than Bayleef myself, but maybe that's just me talking.

Anyway, just saw the episode, I thought the battle was nicely drawn out and executed. Kabigon didn't actually get on my nerves like Lizardon did against Datsura...in fact, he's starting to grow on me...

Juptile did put up a very nice fight, though, and lost with good reason...maybe he's losing so much for a reason...Jukain, maybe?

Anyway, I thought it was funny when they pulled back at the end and revealed that none of the spectators had benches...and Takeshi, Haruka, and Masato were standing bare-footed! Takeshi looks odd without his shoes. And Enishida was funny, sitting cross-legged.

Cheers!
~Bulby ;001;

F

Factory Head Noland

Bulba the Great! said:
Are you implying Bayleef wouldn't be knocked out after being hit by the most powerful fighting attack, slamming into the ceiling, and then crashing into the ground? I think Juptile puts up better fights than Bayleef myself, but maybe that's just me talking.

I just think Bayleef has a lot more to offer than Grovyle. Vine Whip for example, I'm sure that would've come in handy against Hariyama.

Remember the battle against Chuck? Bayleef beat both Poliwrath and Machoke with the help of Vine Whip. It's a very useful attack which Grovyle doesn't know.

That's just my thought on the matter.

£añkaÑ

~Thîrûttû R⚢âl~
hmm...lets see a dub title for this ep...

Greta battle!...lol as in Great Battle...lol

nah...

well...i loved how acrobat it looked of Snorlax kinda dodging the attack :D

Bulba the Great!

We Do Not Sow
I just think Bayleef has a lot more to offer than Grovyle. Vine Whip for example, I'm sure that would've come in handy against Hariyama.

Remember the battle against Chuck? Bayleef beat both Poliwrath and Machoke with the help of Vine Whip. It's a very useful attack which Grovyle doesn't know.

That's just my thought on the matter.

Right, I respect your opinion. But, if you're looking for a Vine Whip user, then why didn't you suggest he bring Fushigidane back? Then again, that's my side of prejudice talking again...I've always found Bayleef the least appealing of the three Grass starters Satoshi owned.

But Vine Whip can also be a hazard, remember? Look at the way Bashamo toom advantage of Bayleef in the Jouto league. It grabbed her Vines and threw her, knocking her out. So, Vines are not always useful, especially as Hariteyama would probably be able to do the same. So, in the end, it all comes down to the writer's decision. If they wanted Kabigon to fight Hariteyama, they would just as easily thrust Bayleef out of the fight. I believe Juptile is definately more deserving of the spot on Satoshi's team, and hopefully all of these losses are going to spur it to evolve.

My two cents.

Cheers!
~Bulby ;001;

B

Blaziken master

This episode is better than I thought it was! Medicham was ace,but its voice was too high pitched.Manene has my vote as the cutest TR pokemon, so cute when it was cleaning!It was nice to see Chuck and Brawly in the flashback

JazzJazz

Blaziken master said:
Manene has my vote as the cutest TR pokemon, so cute when it was cleaning!

I wonder if other viewers will start to warm to it after all of the initial outrage when it replace chimecho...

B

Blaziken master

JazzJazz said:
I wonder if other viewers will start to warm to it after all of the initial outrage when it replace chimecho...

I know some like it, I just hope it battles

Brinstar

you suffer
Just saw the ep. Very impressive battling, and it was great to see ol' Snorlax back.

And I am now a Greta fan, haha. Lots of pep, etc. Also fun to see all the martial arts dojo-ness. Kinda makes me wish there was an episode before hand to see some more of Greta, but yeah.

That Medicham's voice annoyed me after a while though XD

Alfonso

Derpgull
I'm rather annoyed they didn't have Greta remember her former lesbian partner.

That way, we could have had both Brawly AND Roxanne in the same episode!

Just seen, Greta is awesome, she deserved another episode, and Scott is still a pedo. <3

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
There there alf. There always the DVD's and the video games. And fan art for that matter.

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
Geodude said:
You mean Ice Punch (or Focus Punch, I forget which).

whoops.... yeah, I meant to say Ice Punch.

Bulba the Great! said:
Right, I respect your opinion. But, if you're looking for a Vine Whip user, then why didn't you suggest he bring Fushigidane back? Then again, that's my side of prejudice talking again...I've always found Bayleef the least appealing of the three Grass starters Satoshi owned.

But Vine Whip can also be a hazard, remember? Look at the way Bashamo toom advantage of Bayleef in the Jouto league. It grabbed her Vines and threw her, knocking her out. So, Vines are not always useful, especially as Hariteyama would probably be able to do the same.

Oh sure, like Fushigidane would've done any better against Basyamo? You seem to be forgetting that Bayleaf is a pretty hefty Pokemon who uses her body weight to her advantage when using Vine Whip and Body Slam (usually combining the two attacks). For this reason, she's a rather ideal choice against fighting-type Pokemon, as we saw in the battle against Shijima. As you said, it all comes down to the writers' decision in the end, and the only reason she was really token out so easily by Hadzuki's Basyamo was because it was apparent the writers were getting the other 5 Pokemon out of the way as quickly as possible so they could make room for Lizardon vs. Basyamo, advertising the upcoming Ruby and Sapphire versions. If it wasn't so rushed, and/or they weren't trying so hard to make Basyamo look good, I can bet you anything that Bayleaf would've put up much more of a fight than she did.

Blaziken master said:
Medicham was ace,but its voice was too high pitched.

Like I said before, I think it's a female.

Last edited:
B

Blaziken master

Yeah I thought so , but what is its male voice like?Anyway I thought we could have used an pre battle filler on the battle school because that would have been pretty interesting

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
Blaziken master said:

Yeah I thought so , but what is its male voice like?

Just download one of the episodes featuring Grace.... and Blaziken Master, you really need to learn how to use the QUOTE tag.

Bulba the Great!

We Do Not Sow
Oh sure, like Fushigidane would've done any better against Basyamo? You seem to be forgetting that Bayleaf is a pretty hefty Pokemon who uses her body weight to her advantage when using Vine Whip and Body Slam (usually combining the two attacks). For this reason, she's a rather ideal choice against fighting-type Pokemon, as we saw in the battle against Shijima. As you said, it all comes down to the writers' decision in the end, and the only reason she was really token out so easily by Hadzuki's Basyamo was because it was apparent the writers were getting the other 5 Pokemon out of the way as quickly as possible so they could make room for Lizardon vs. Basyamo, advertising the upcoming Ruby and Sapphire versions. If it wasn't so rushed, and/or they weren't trying so hard to make Basyamo look good, I can bet you anything that Bayleaf would've put up much more of a fight than she did.

Yay, I'm coming across as an idiot now...I wasn't saying Fushigidane is any better(even though that's my personal belief), and I never said Bayleef is bad battler. I mentioned Fushigidane merely because I felt if anyone should be used for their Vine Whips, it would be him. He was the original Vine Whip user, so...But that's prejudice right there. Bayleef is an awesome Pokemon, I just happen to prefer Fushigidane and Juptile over it. Anyway, regarding your post. I was trying to point out that Bayleef has had losses, too, and that it hasn't always looked good in battle(see battle with Shigeru). Juptile is an excellent battler, and put up a very good fight. But, honestly, would Bayleef or even Fushigidane be able to stand up against being hit by Focus Punch, slamming into the ceiling, and smashing into the ground? Juptile did its best, and Bayleef doing her best is all that can be asked out of her. Keep in mind Hariteyama has been used to grab Satoshi's Ohsubame by the beak in the Houn league; It would probably grab Bayleef or Fushigidane's vines and reel it in or throw it, just like Bashamo, which is why I brought that battle up.

Anyway, now that's off my chest, I'll say something of actual relevence to the episode...

Umm...

I found it funny when Satoshi was standing outside of the Battle Arena yelling Konichiwa, and Enishida walked up behind him, told him he was doing it wrong, and screamed. Great moment right there.

Kogomi was an awesome character-I wish she would have gotten two episodes.

Well, it's on to Hiisu now...this will be interesting.

Cheers!
~Bulby ;001;