• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

when are the gx character packs coming to the us...

Status
Not open for further replies.

deoxys-alpha

deoxys owns u
and do they have all of the cards in in those character subset?

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
Sometime in Early 2006. No One except UDE knows right now.

Also, they're the exact same as the Japanese ones. If I find a Spoiler, I'll post it here.

Love Hina Fan

December Third...
According to Familiar Stranger, sometime in February. Not sure on the exact date, I'll get back to you on that.

D

Dark Executionist

The only thing I know about them are

Jaden Yuki Pack front card is E-Hero Steam Healer
Chazz Prinston Pack front card is Armed Dragon LV10

Alfonso

Derpgull
Orochi Breakwing said:
I think the spoiler is on DM comet.

Manjoyume Jun's has that Luck Mallet. Yipee.

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to that, as well as Armed Dragon Lv. 10. AD is one of the only Dragons that Ryuuzaki doesn't own that looks Ryuuzakiish enough for me to put into my Ryuu deck. <3

Luck Mallet... such a great card. It will really Chazz up the Metagame.

*chazzs it up* >_>

Alfonso

Derpgull
Haruka's Swimsuit said:
Are you trying to make me hate 4Kids even more than I already do... or hate you?

Manjyome-Sanda!

Hate 4Kids.

It's a stupid catchphrase, but I find it hilarious for some reason. Which is strange because it sucks.

Haruka's Swimsuit

Bomberhead 18-kin!
Alfonso said:
Hate 4Kids.

It's a stupid catchphrase, but I find it hilarious for some reason. Which is strange because it sucks.

What I find even more confusing is where 4Kids came up with it from. You **know** they didn't have an original thought, so clearly they must have heard it somewhere, but where? The closest thing I can thing of is the expression "rip **** up!" But I'm a little doubtful that that is the inspiration...

EDIT: On second thought, it just occured to me "jazz it up." I'm hoping 4Kids didn't choose Manjyome's dub name based solely upon the fact that it sounds similar to "jazz." That's low, even for them.

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
Haruka's Swimsuit said:
EDIT: On second thought, it just occured to me "jazz it up." I'm hoping 4Kids didn't choose Manjyome's dub name based solely upon the fact that it sounds similar to "jazz." That's low, even for them.
It most likely is the reason.

I love 4Kids. I find their crappy dubs to be the most humorous things. Why else do you think I bought YGO the Movie :D

Haruka's Swimsuit

Bomberhead 18-kin!
Aquadon said:
It most likely is the reason.

I love 4Kids. I find their crappy dubs to be the most humorous things. Why else do you think I bought YGO the Movie :D

Technically, the Pyramid of Light wasn't a dubbed movie. It was developed for an English audience (or did you somehow miss how all the cards were written out in English and the mouths more closely matched what was being said?)... The Japanese version would be considered "the dub," albeit, theirs is unsurprisingly better than ours (they reworked the plot to make more sense and gave it more of a backstory- I think they also added a scene).

Phaedra

IS THAT PAM GRIER??
The newest Shonen Jump issue has the English card lists, if anyone cares. Information courtesy of OkageRyuu, from Pojo.

Shonen Jump said:
JADEN LIST

DP1-EN001 Elemental Hero Avian
DP1-EN002 Elemental Hero Burstinatrix
DP1-EN003 Elemental Hero Clayman
DP1-EN004 Elemental Hero Sparkman
DP1-EN005 Winged Kuriboh
DP1-EN006 Winged Kuriboh LV10
DP1-EN007 Wroughtweiler
DP1-EN008 Dark Catapulter
DP1-EN009 Elemental Hero Bubbleman
DP1-EN010 Elemental Hero Flame Wingman
DP1-EN011 Elemental Hero Thunder Giant
DP1-EN012 Elemental Hero Rampart Blaster
DP1-EN013 Elemental Hero Steam Healer
DP1-EN014 Polymerization
DP1-EN015 Fusion Sage
DP1-EN016 The Warrior Returning Alive
DP1-EN017 Feather Shot
DP1-EN018 Transcendent Wings
DP1-EN019 Bubble Shuffle
DP1-EN020 Spark Blaster
DP1-EN021 Skyscraper
DP1-EN022 Burst Return
DP1-EN023 Bubble Blaster
DP1-EN024 Bubble Illusion
DP1-EN025 A Hero Emerges
DP1-EN026 Draining Shield
DP1-EN027 Negate Attack
DP1-EN028 Hero Signal
DP1-EN029 Feather Wind
DP1-EN030 Clay Charge

Shonen Jump said:
CHAZZ LIST

DP2-EN001 V - Tiger Jet
DP2-EN002 Ojama Green
DP2-EN003 Ojama Yellow
DP2-EN004 Ojama Black
DP2-EN005 X-Head Cannon
DP2-EN006 Y-Dragon Head
DP2-EN007 Z-Metal Tank
DP2-EN008 W - Wing Catapult
DP2-EN009 Infernal Incinerator
DP2-EN010 Armed Dragon LV3
DP2-EN011 Armed Dragon LV5
DP2-EN012 Armed Dragon LV7
DP2-EN013 Armed Dragon LV10
DP2-EN014 XYZ-Dragon Cannon
DP2-EN015 Ojama King
DP2-EN016 VW - Tiger Catapult
DP2-EN017 VWXYZ - Dragon Catapult Cannon
DP2-EN018 Ojama Delta Hurricane!!
DP2-EN019 Level Modulation
DP2-EN020 Ojamagic
DP2-EN021 Ojamuscle
DP2-EN022 Chthonian Alliance
DP2-EN023 Armed Changer
DP2-EN024 Magical Mallet
DP2-EN025 Inferno Reckless Summon
DP2-EN026 Ring of Defense
DP2-EN027 Ojama Trio
DP2-EN028 Chthonian Blast
DP2-EN029 Chthonian Polymer
DP2-EN030 The Grave of Enkindling

The English-language effects for all new cards aren't out yet. Check DMComet or something if you want the effects.

Enjoy.

And just to piss off the people who take DMComet's names as the official OCG names, behold (same source):

Uria, Lord of Searing Flames
Hamon, Lord of Striking Thunder
Raviel, Lord of Phantasms

Last edited:

Love Hina Fan

December Third...
The Sangenma TCG names rock. They are pretty good interpretations of Shinenou Uria, Kouraiou Hamon, and Genmaou Raviel. Although, I gotta ask, what changed Genma to Phantasm?

Eon Chao

Phoenix Clan Samurai
Cool Steam Healer kept its name. Plus I love the Demon's names. Looking forward to these so much. ^_^

Phaedra

IS THAT PAM GRIER??
Love Hina Fan said:
The Sangenma TCG names rock. They are pretty good interpretations of Shinenou Uria, Kouraiou Hamon, and Genmaou Raviel. Although, I gotta ask, what changed Genma to Phantasm?

According to a certain infamous UDE rep, a "genma" is a phantom-esque creature in Japanese mythology. All three of the Sangenma are obviously genma, but Raviel was the most genma-like of the three (as if his Japanese name wasn't a dead giveaway), so, there you go.

I really need to look this stuff up.

Love Hina Fan

December Third...
I know what a Genma is, I am just wondering why they changed it to Phantasm. A Phantom is close but definately not the same as a Genma, so wouldn't keeping it as Genma make more sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.