• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

When did Ash's Voice change?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yamicat

What episode did it change?! I didnt notice and my brother just told me today! o_O I'm now confused and doubting my own ears! Please help!

PlusleMinun

Plain Trainer
Ash's voice changed (as did every other character's) with the first episode of Battle Frontier (Fear Factory Phony). It was because Pokemon USA took over the dubbing and could not get the same VAs.

Yamicat

really?

Well goodness me. They did a good job! I never noticed. I thought clearity was better! lol! Casting was very good then!

flyboy1308

Coming Ta Town
Umm. Ash's voice changed when he hit puberty.

Jonouchi

Chibi-cario
Well goodness me. They did a good job! I never noticed. I thought clearity was better! lol! Casting was very good then!

That's good you think that. We need more positive people like you. =)

Lupin

Legendary Pokémon Coordinator
Wow, someone who actually likes the new voices and couldn't tell the difference.

Never thought I'd see the day.

Marill

Boulder Trainer
James' voice makes me want to cut my ears off. I really hope he improves - any US viewers, does he, he sounds so fake and so.. head coldy? Anyway the only voice u notice the difference with is Ash, good god.. must of been one of those eps with barely any TR in it :p

Watermaniac

My 1st shiny ever
damn, here in mexico the voices didn't change, so every character voice changed??? even may's????

Bedouin Pirate

Gypsy Punk
I don't mind the new voices to be honest. Especially for the background, filler characters.

Some of them I can't really tell the difference, Jessy comes to mind. Others sound like older incarnations of themselves or older characters. May sounds eerily like Kanto Misty sometimes and James like the really early Kanto James.

Max's voice is crap though. But I'm not totally obsessed on the subject and am not about to take it too seriously. Max's voice was always annoying, he just has a different annoying voice instead.

HoagiethePokeBreeder

Poke’veteran
I can't stand the new voices to be honest. May is okay and Jessie is okay. Brock, Ash, James, Max and Scott need work.

Chris

Old Coot
James' voice makes me want to cut my ears off. I really hope he improves - any US viewers, does he, he sounds so fake and so.. head coldy?
I'll take Head Cold James over Line Yelling and Overacting James. ;)

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I can't stand the new voices to be honest. May is okay and Jessie is okay. Brock, Ash, James, Max and Scott need work.

What? Brock is one of the best voices on the show, and Scott sounds nearly identical to the 4kids Scott.

Max's voice is pretty much the worst, they made him sound far too nerdy but he doesn't do much in BF so it doesn't matter.

James takes some getting used to at first, but I don't mind him. And Ash improves greatly after the first 7 or so BF eps.

Raine_Skylock

FINAL FANTASY XII
I really really loved the way May's new voice is today. well, Jame's voice is perfect for the "Sweet Baby James"

I sure hope NewAsh (aka Sarah) would improved since it's still hurting my ears even as we speak.....er....type

yeah....the voice changed last Fear Factor Phony

Dax

Legend
Brock's voice id the best simply becasue it didn't change so much and it really futs him. With Jessie I can't tell the difference, they are practically the same. Max...let's not go there. May sometime sounds old and sometimes sounds like a brat, but the saga is ending so I don't care. Ash really needs help, he improves but I just can't stand it. He sounds weird...

Status
Not open for further replies.