1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

When did James get Weepinbell??

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by Kirby Phelps (PK), Jul 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kirby Phelps (PK)

Kirby Phelps (PK) EarthBound anyone?

This is something I never understood. In The Breeding Center Secret, James says he left his Weepinbell at the center and it evolved, but my question is, when did James get a Weepinbell?? I don't remember seeing him actually catch it in any episodes before that one. I might be wrong, but could someone explain!

2. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

He caught it offscreen sometime prior to that episode. Simple as that.

3. Shadow XD001

Shadow XD001 Well-Known Member

I have to agree with BCVM22. It was probably just one of those Pokemon caught off screen. No biggie. As simple as that.

4. S.Suikun

S.Suikun Thank you, SPPf! :)

In Victreebel's departure episode, we actually do finally get a flashback to James' first encounter with the Weepinbell. The flashback never took place in any actual episode prior, but it helped to fill in that hole.

5. Kirby Phelps (PK)

Kirby Phelps (PK) EarthBound anyone?

Why didn't they actually show James catching him before the episode?

Last edited: Jul 3, 2009
  6. Chris

Chris Old Coot

Last minute details by the writers. Plus the characters don't always do things onscreen.

7. OBSESSED WITH PKNM

OBSESSED WITH PKNM I'M BACK...MISS ME?

8. ~-Overheat-~

~-Overheat-~ Black/White!

He caught it before they met Ash.

9. Ash-kid

Ash-kid Ash-kid

They showed where he caught it- here in episode 263. But I don't know when. And James used Weezing to train it. And after he saw it in Cassidy and Butch day-care it was a Victeebell.

http://www.serebii.net/anime/pictures/johto/263ps6.shtml

10. ChaosMage

ChaosMage Izit cuz I is black?

It happened some time between Koffing's evolution and the Day Care, presumably very soon before. It's less weird than Brock's Zubat- there was actually no logical point in that scene where he could have caught it without everyone else seeing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.