• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

When did Pikachu lose weight?

rjendo

I remember in the 1st few episodes, Pikachu seemed really fat. When did he start looking like he is now?

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
The animation changed and the art changed, so Pikachu's appearence would seem a little different.

Either that, or Pikachu just went on a diet. :p

Angelic Elf Ivy

Satoshi said:
The animation changed and the art changed, so Pikachu's appearence would seem a little different.

I'm gonna go with what Satoshi said. Ash, Misty, Brock, and some other characters and Pokemon have changed slightly too. If you pay attention you'll notice it.

L

Light-Dragon_Ryu

I think that Pikachu went on a diet after the episope where he almost chokes on an apple.

Last edited by a moderator:

Angelic Elf Ivy

Light-Dragon_Ryu said:
I think that Pikachu went on a diet when he was choking on the apple in that one hospital episode.
No. I don't think that was it. He was thin then too if I remember right.

Cipher

Nothing to be done
Well, even in the new Sugimori art for Pikachu, he looks much thinner than he did in the original ones. Maybe someone could post some before/after shots from the show?

C

creepy_kecleon

Because used to look pretty fat, yes. Which is one of the reasons I didn't like Pikachu alot few years ago, Pikachu looks slightly better new episodes.

Chris

Old Coot
Changes in animation is the logical reason.

Although you could say that Pikachu got thinner as Satoshi began to train it more and more. Guess those battles against the Rocket Gang helped afterall. :p

Mizu Kasumi

The Mist
I agree with what Satoshi and some other people said about animation changes. Ash and Misty has changed a little, so did Brock, I think. Lol.

Besides, even if the animations didn't change, Pikachu battles a lot, he could lose weight from exercising.

Last edited:
G

Geki

Satoshi said:

The reason is because the different animation they use now. It happens all the time in anime's that were around about 5-6 years ago. If you look at some of the ones that have been around that long, look at the differences.

Chris

Old Coot
Geki said:
The reason is because the different animation they use now. It happens all the time in anime's that were around about 5-6 years ago. If you look at some of the ones that have been around that long, look at the differences.
...That's exactly what I said. ¬¬ Obviously someone missed the joke.

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
Judai Yuki said:
Well Sotoshi has a tan
If I remember correctly, Satoshi was STILL a little tan in the first episodes, his tan just got darker, tis' all.

Guess all those Thundershocks from Pikachu really did him in. LOL
Edward Elric said:
...That's exactly what I said. ¬¬ Obviously someone missed the joke.
He was replying to me, Ed. Either way, there wasn't any reason for him to reply to my post.

Last edited: