• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

When Did You Become A Fan Of Pokemon?

telivisionhead

2012. Last year. Early last year. Lol.

Cassafrass1999

A new beginning! <3
Around Easter time this year... I used to think that Pokémon was some dumb "boys game" and never really new about it until my cousin brought it over to Easter dinner... oh boy, was I totally wrong about it... >.< I then ended up buying Pokémon White as soon as I could from Amazon.com a few days later, and as soon as I got it in the mail I and put it in my DS and REALLY got to play the game, I was amazed... and here I am today! :D

⊙ᴗ⊙
Ahh the year of 1999. I'm pretty sure I watched the anime first, but I may have borrowed a copy of Blue from one of my friends even earlier than that.

Regardless, I spent many a weekend going to my friends' houses just to borrow their Gameboys. Hehe. Since I never exactly owned one myself. Needless to say, I was ecstatic when I got Pokemon Stadium and the transfer pack that came with it. I spent my whole childhood playing Yellow, Blue, and eventually Gold as well on the television. :p

About 4 years ago, so 2009. I used to watch the anime back then but I didn't know about the games so when I saw one of my family friends playing it, I got excited and bought Platinum the next day. ^_^

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
One day when i was in seventh grade (1998) I stayed home sick. I was flipping channels at 2:00 in the afternoon and found a cartoon I had never seen before, but was instantly hooked (first episode I saw was the Diglett episode). I started setting my VCR to record every afternoon. Soon I started seeing commercials for Red and Blue and had to get one, even before I had a gameboy (borrowed one from my friend until I got a gameboy pocket). It wasn't long until I found the trading cards and got hooked on those too. I don't watch the show any more, except for occasionally watching the first season, and i dropped the card game for at least 10 years, but I'm still addicted to the games and I got back into the card game last year (I only play casually).

Silent_Vibrava

Fanfiction Writer
As soon as I got my hands on Pokemon yellow and I religiously watched the Pokemon anime on the Kids WB. I was with it all along and, another reason I loved generation III, it was the generation where all the fake fans left. I stayed with it openly until Generation V which I despised.

I got Blue Version for Christmas back in 1998, and was a fan of the anime before that. I don't remember if I started collecting cards before or after I got the game, but Poliwrath was my first holographic card, and has been my favorite Pokemon ever since.

SilverChiko

Protect The Smiles!
When I was about 2-3 and watching the anime (Johto Saga at the time)

thephoenix

Rising Champ
The year 2000; my 5th birthday present was a Game Boy Color console and Pokemon Yellow. Haven't looked back since :D

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Boredom got me to try the copy of Diamond I'd gotten at a used game store last December. And I got hooked.

worldwaker

Elebug disaproves
about july of last year,i was already a fan of chuggaaconroy.and out of boredom i watched his emerald playthrough.about 30 parts in,i was hooked.

Gampi

ガンピ
Since the Pokémon anime/TCG was first released in the United Kingdom, so about late 1999/early 2000.

Naito

Probably at the age of five or six. Back then I had no idea about the games, I started with the anime,when it was first seen on the TV.