• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

When Did You Become A Fan Of Pokemon?

JenaAndFokkusu

Ima Leafeon
I started Pokemon when Diamond was still new, i wasn't intrested in it until i started playing, i loved it ever since! I remember crying when my Piplup fainted..

Ryagan

I started watching the anime when I was four or five, and I started collecting and trading cards a little after that. I didn't pick up a Pokemon game until Gen III when all my friends were playing the games and talking about how good they were.

Wigger

Since my childhood? I so correctly remember that when I was 5 years old Pokémon would be on TVs everyday while me and my older brother were about to have a dinner and we'd watch it every-single-day. I even cried for Ash because he lost his GYM battle for several times. Years passed and passed away, today there's no spirit for the anime as there was in my childhood, the originial series were more "heroic". Ash were such a determined and angry guy, unlike today's "ah : )) : ): ) :: )): ): ): ): )" mood which annoys and upsets me.

Last edited:

Eraslis

Christmas 1998. I was just a little kid back then. The Pokemon craze swept through my school, and it seemed like everyone had the games, collected the cards, watched the anime, and collected all the cool merchandise they came out with.

Nohbody

Shiny Observer
I started watching the show when it came to Kids WB in the US back in 1999. I used to watch it everyday it aired on Kids WB and Cartoon Network. I didn't start playing the game until FireRed when my parents gave me FireRed and a GBA for my birthday (September 14th, 5 days after the game came out in NA).

Tokimiya

snow queen.
1999. Pretty much since it started. I started borrowing Pokemon games from my classmates until I could get my own as a gift.

Justicer

Old Hand
While I am new to these forums I have been a fan of Pokemon since the Beginning. I got the Game boy Color that came with Red version and the game guide for Christmas in 1999. I must have spent hundreds of hours playing it over and over. I remember playing trading and battling with the neighborhood kids on the playground and on the morning bus. I was addicted to the cartoon and read some of the manga. I saved up my money and bought Gold Version when It came out, and later Crystal. Spent a ton of time playing those as well.

While I was not as big of a fan at this time, I had stoped watching the show and none of my friends really played any more, I received Ruby version as gift shortly after it came out, and later bought Leafgreen with my own money. Those were the last pokemone games I played for a long time until my Girlfriend and I recently got two Nintendo DS's really cheap, along with HG and SS and Black and White. Playing through them now with her and loving it.

Solitary Poet

Almost seven years ago I borrowed a copy of Fire Red from a friend; I liked it so much that I went out and bought Diamond from Walmart, and also bought the last copy of Emerald from the local Toys 'R' Us.

ShyOctopus

pixel maniac
I played Blue/Yellow when I was a kid (borrowed them from cousins I think), and eventually got my own Silver cartridge. I played Silver to death, but I kind of dropped Pokemon for a long time after Gen 2. I only recently got back into Pokemon with X, which I got in December I think. I'm now hooked again and I don't think I'll drop it again anytime soon!

The Thunderbird

Dreams come true
1999. I remember when the Pokemon craze swept me right up.

Fossildude747

Fossil Fighters Fan!
I think 2010 (when I was 9), I was at a summer camp and everyone had pokemon cards. I decided to play a game and someone let me borrow their deck. I loved it and then my friend explained that pokemon had games too and that he played them. I tried out diamond and then I played pokemon ever since then. Stopped collecting cards a while ago though :/

achmeineye

Gen I when I was around 10 years old. I remember Nintendo Power had a series of little guides they released in sucession in a few issues and the game looked absolutely amazing to me. My friend got the blue version before me and I watched him play and made a file without saving, picked Squirtle as my first starter. I thought it was the best game I'd ever played. My mom ordered red and blue online and I would always watch the anime after school and stand outside waiting for the UPS guy to come with those packages...I think it took like 3 weeks. But on the day they came my friend and I freaked out. It was in December I believe and they were cold and my mom was worried they wouldn't work so my friend and I were squeezing them to warm them up, he popped in red and I picked blue and we probably played for literally 20 hours straight and got the worst headaches of our lives, haha. Got cards, comics, toys, clothing, ANYTHING Pokemon-related. I've been hooked for a good 15 years now. I recently got majorly back into it with my girlfriend. It's always been a huge part of my life for so long and I think it always will be.

kisspower12

I am me
Back in 2003. Everyone would still play red and blue.
I didn't have any money for games. and I asked for any pokemon game with a game boy advance for christmas. Thus pokemon sapphire and my sanity began!