• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

When Did You Become A Fan Of Pokemon?

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
When I played Pokemon Ruby, the first Pokemon game I ever played. Sadly I don't own it or the other Gameboy Advance games.

I became a fan when I start playing Pokemon Blue back in the day. It change my mind. I love the RPGs since that day. The Anime was a great factor too. I was poisoned by the "Pokemania".

Ithanul

Hmmm, not sure on the year, but I remember nagging my parents for a Game Boy Color and Pokemon game just because I wanted the Pokemon that look like dragons. Since playing Blue, I have yet to stop enjoying the games. Though, I sure get the odd looks at time when people find out my age *I'm 25*

SilverRayquaza

Shiny Hunter
Kindergarten, when I got my first card (it was a chansey). then I watched the anime and played pokemon Ruby :)

Penguinist Trainer

Years ago Nintendo Power magazine had these special inserts called Pokemon Power which were basically mini magazines which featured walkthrough tips, discussions and screenshots about the Pokemon games. That's what got me hooked.

Search_Ops_TeamD

ShaggySmurf
Hmmm, not sure on the year, but I remember nagging my parents for a Game Boy Color and Pokemon game just because I wanted the Pokemon that look like dragons. Since playing Blue, I have yet to stop enjoying the games. Though, I sure get the odd looks at time when people find out my age *I'm 25*

Stand tall and feel proud... I'm 24, and I play it all the time in college whenever I have free time.
I think I've liked pokemon since 1998. When I first started collecting the cards (I don't anymore), and then got Pokemon Gold along with a new Game Boy Color. I stopped playing in high school, but during my first university (I've been through 3 universities, shame on me...) I really got back into it with Diamond. That was 6 or 7 years ago. Now I'm trying to catch up with generations V and VI.

Primal Crusader V

Watch some MANime
As a kid, my attachment to pokemon initially started back in 2001. I used to watch the 1st gen anime, thinking that is was a worthwhile show to watch when nothing else was on. That mundane view changed when I watched the movie "Mewtwo Strikes Back". From then on, the pokemon anime was the pinnacle of my fandom to that series. I continued watching it ardently until 4th gen. anime came out. That was when I started playing the games, my first being Diamond. Afterwards, I started collecting the cards.

Garde

Ballroom Dancer
I got really into the series when Red and Blue came out, in elementary school the entire class would bring our GameBoys in and play and trade. Nostalgic.

~Sylveon~

Since the beginning. Pokemon Blue was my first Pokemon game. Ah, the memories. Missingno and all of the crazy rumors of how to unlock all kinds of nutty things...

Vale_Star

Shiny Huntress
I'm 31 and I still play the games have been playing since I was 15 in 1998 with Red and Blue so I'm not going to stop now. I still have all of them with exception of Platinum, Fire Red and Leaf Green. And the original systems to play them on too. I will keep playing and buying them as long as they continue making them, I learn more and more tricks, tips, and hints as the generations come and that to me is a real accomplishment.

I began a fan of Pokemon so long ago I barely can remember when exactly. My first game was pokemon gold, which I took from my older brother, deleting his save file in the process. My family made him let me keep it LOL. I regret it now, but I am thankful I got a chance to get into such an excellent series that has shaped my interests for such a long time.

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
I began a fan of Pokemon so long ago I barely can remember when exactly. My first game was pokemon gold, which I took from my older brother, deleting his save file in the process. My family made him let me keep it LOL. I regret it now, but I am thankful I got a chance to get into such an excellent series that has shaped my interests for such a long time.

That was cruel. You shouldn't have done that to your brother.

I'm sure he worked hard on the Pokémon he had there.

That was cruel. You shouldn't have done that to your brother.

I'm sure he worked hard on the Pokémon he had there.

Yeah it wasn't the nicest thing I did, but I didn't do it on purpose (he'd techically said he'd give the game to me already and I misunderstood that he'd want to transfer the pokemon off it first, I was too excited to start playing) and I was super young then. (I've apologized to him many times since as well)