• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

When Did You Become A Fan Of Pokemon?

Claus351

Shiny hunter :)
I always wanted to play pokemon when i was a kid, but coming from a strict traditional family (that has since kind of reformed) my mom didn't want me playing games until i was older. So, when i was 7, my brother finally helped me pick out my first video game ever and also first pokemon game. It was Ruby.
I recently found this copy. it still operates- dead internal battery, and shaking or touching it causes it to crash (or just playing it for more than two minutes). but anyways. it's over ten years old.
I played the heck out of it with my friend who had sapphire, and we spent easily 200 hours of our childhood from grades 1-3 on it. I've been a fan ever since. I dropped out after i spent 300 on black and white together (hours i mean), and didn't play black 2 or white 2 or x and y until i bought Y last summer. Now i'm back into it (especially with the extreme nostalgia kick from ORAS) and i got my gf into it and it's better than ever.

ninjaethan

Konnichiwa ~!
In 2006-2007 if I remember correctly
Around the age of 8-9 xD
Got Pokemon Yellow as my first game, & it was great (Wow, came out in Japan on my birth year xD)
Hasn't stopped Pokemon since ~

BTW, no one showed me to Pokemon, just seemed to get it from my parents

Solitary Poet

When I was a kid I never played Pokémon because my parents thought that it was evil. I didn't play my first Pokémon game until after my first child was born. In 2007, TheFightingPikachu let me borrow a copy of FR/LG. I enjoyed it so much that with my next paycheck I went to Wal*Mart and baught a copy of Diamond Version. Right about the time I was finishing Diamond, I was browsing the GameBoy Advance games at my local Toys "R" Us and discovered that they actually had one copy of Emerald left; I bought it and it became my favorite version of all time. Unfortunately I no longer have have Emerald or Diamond, But I do own one version of every game for the DS: HeartGold, Platinum, White, and White2.

SoulOfSilver

Gym Leader
1998! That's when I got Red version and started watching the anime. It's crazy that I've been obsessed for nearly 17 years! ;001; ;004; ;007;

When I was playing Red on my GB Color

clover0

Back when they started showing the anime in my country for the first time! I was hooked!
Some of my friends had the Red/Blue versions and i envied SOOO MUCH! But i didn't get a gameboy color until Crystal was out and my parents finally gifted it to me hahahaha it was the greatest day of my life (? After it i started collecting all version i missed.

CreeperNinjaGamer

Warlord of Shinies
Around when D/P came out, i started watching the anime. A few years later, I got Pokemon White for my DS, and I was hooked.

Nodame

Misty <3
Since Gen 1 when I watched the first Pokemon episode and played Blue in my Gameboy color. I fell in love with Pokemon and I am still a huge fan.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Can't remember. I guess it was either when I saw the show or got Pokemon Ruby. I had no idea about the previous titles before Ruby.

TheGuy131

Revolutionary
Bought Pearl because a lot of people were making a fuss over it where I live. Did not regret it whatsoever.

JustJeff

Through the Skys
I became a Fan when 3rd Gen came out, and thus was my 1st pKmN game. Loved it ever since~

StaticPichu

In kindergarten my mom got be a Gameboy, but she accidentally got the bundle pack with Pokemon Crystal in it. As a 5-year-old girl I wasn't sure if I'd like a "video game for boys" (so I thought). But I was immediately hooked when I first chose my trusty Totodile. And I have loved it ever since.

I was a kid when the anime first came over to the UK, so I was a fan from the very beginning. The first game I owned was Gold, although I played with my friends copies of Green, Red and Yellow.

Speshal

Rediculous
Y'all are making me feel old. I've been playing since the first games, although I am too young to remember them. I watched the anime from early, early ages and my parents bought me the game to just sort of mess around with on my dad's Gameboy. I couldn't tell you a single thing about it, but I'm happy I started so early.

Sir_Dragon

I don't think I ever actually played a Pokemon game until fourth gen was already out, but either way I started with Pokemon Emerald.

Kafei

Y'all are making me feel old. I've been playing since the first games, although I am too young to remember them. I watched the anime from early, early ages and my parents bought me the game to just sort of mess around with on my dad's Gameboy. I couldn't tell you a single thing about it, but I'm happy I started so early.

Same here! I was really young when i started, i still have my copy of Red laying around, i remember finally completing the Pokedex only a couple of months before Gold and Silver were out, it was really tough the first time around!
At some point i even traded everyhting to a friend and back just to get all the starters for both of us!
Nobody wanted to restart their game obviously D: