• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

When Did You Become A Fan Of Pokemon?

UbersSuck20

#FreeGenesect
Back in 2009 because I enjoyed using Pikachu and eventually tried Pokemon FireRed after seeing Chugga's LP, and I loved the game.

Are we talking about anime or the games?

When my father bought me a gameboy and game because I wasn't able/allowed to play with my siblings; It was Pkm Yellow, Afterwards I got hooked since I was rather a nerd back then and Pokemon really filled in the void in my heart which was loneliness ;^^ I was 5 years old, In 2005. I still love it to this day~

Soberheartless

VERY late of 3rd gen is when i became a fan. anime wise i was so confused at what was happening to be honest, as it was bf. dp was news so i was really excited for that, and getting diamond and being in the hype of 4th gen is what cemented me as a poke fan.

Pspaans

X&Y Fan
When I was 6 years old, I started to understand and like the anime series, when I was 7, I got a gameboy color with some games, one of them being Pokémon red (my parents don't know much about anything that has something to do with games, so until I was 7, I never played a game before).
My native language isn't english, and at that time I wasn't even able to understand words like save so I knew very few about the game, but that made it more mysterious for me. My nephew played pokémon too, and he was able to learn me the basics, when I started to understand everything, I began to love the games, and I'm still playing the games, even though I don't like the anime anymore.

Missingno.Fan

A little bit after Gen I came out. I remember having a friend and knowing some people at school who were into before I was.

ameliab

when i first played diamond. it wasn't even new when i first played it :p i played FR/LG and HH/SS before, but i didn't really get into it ...

I was four or five years old, and the fad had literally exploded. One morning, my sister put Pokemon on the TV and it was the episode of the Kanto series with Hitmonchan and Hitmonlee. Next thing I knew, everything was Pokemon. We were getting Pokemon toys, and going to KFC to get Pokemon. It seems like we suddenly had all the videos as well. Needless to say, I was one of the kids who wasn't just going with the fad and it was basically love at first site. The first game I ever bought all by myself was Pokemon Stadium.

ysmr97

I thinkit was in pre-k, and I fell in love with the Kanto series.

Zephraxe

Literally for as long as I can remember. I was too young to remember my older sisters getting Pokemon Red and Blue, but I know I always watched the anime with them and I would try to play there games... My first Pokemon game that was actually mine was Pokemon Crystal.

When I was 11 and Gen III was pretty new, a friend of mine lent me a copy of Pokemon Ruby and that's how my love affinity with Pokemon began. Having said that, Pokemon's never really been popular here in Spain, so I'm proud to be one of the minority really, that are Pokemon fans.

Aura Of Twilight

Forever Clueless
I believe it was when I was seven years old and got the Pokemon Colosseum game because its cover looked cool.

master3019

Me gusta Flygon
I really got into it around gen III, but my first game was Platinum. I had a ton of other merchandise, though.

Spiteful Murkrow

Early Game Encounter
Got a few toys and cards when G1 was out thanks to Pokemon being a gigantic thing at the time at school, didn't start watching the show until G3... And didn't start playing the games until G4 (I had fallen out with the anime by then and never had a GB/A). So... A prolonged entry into the series starting back around day one?

Last edited:

scorcher117

When I got red for my gameboy colour when I was about 6

mudkip master

Surf's up Mudkip
Originally, when i was very young i watched the anime. soon after I ended up playing Pokemon stadium at a friends house and falling in love with the game. My first Pokemon game that i would own would be Pokemon Crystal, which i thoroughly enjoyed, spending many hours playing and replaying it.

SilverLanayru

It's a mystery.
I've been a fan of Pokemon since the anime first came out. I've played my cousin's Crystal version when I was around five or so. However, I didn't actually have any Pokemon games of my own until Gen III. So basically, my first Pokemon game I owned was Sapphire version.
But otherwise, I still remain a fan to this day, as it has been a huge part of my childhood.

When I was 5 and when Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire just released.