• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

When Did You Become A Fan Of Pokemon?

Retro Mew

Mystical Furball
Hoo boy.

Thirteen years now, almost - I got a Gameboy Advance and Pokemon Silver for Christmas in 2001, when I was five. My aunt Kathy gave me that game and I'm immensely grateful to her for that - I'm still hooked at age 18!

ilovemyumbreon

Holding a Moon Shard
My cousin had LeafGreen and so I begged for a GBA that Christmas and in 2005 bought FireRed and then went Pokémon crazy. I bought Sapphire a month or two before Emerald came out and I bought Emerald later. Around that time I also picked up a $10 used copy of Colosseum which looked really beat up, but still works. I loved Gen III so much that I will always love Pokémon even if there have been installments for which I don't care (cough Gen V cough)

PokeQuaker

Poke Enthusiast :)
My first Pokemon experience was when the anime first started airing here in the UK, right from the first episode. As far as I can remember I started collecting the trading cards and drawing loads of the first gen Pokemon at around that time, copying the pictures from Pokemon World magazines and the anime book versions. My first game was Pokemon Crystal when I first got my GBA (White) and loved every minute of it. So much so that I went to a local second-hand shop and bought Yellow. My favourite set of games and generation will always be Gen 3, Ruby and Sapphire were my all time favourites and at the age of 8, it was the perfect time to really take in the amazingness of them. Shame I don't have a 3ds, I'd love to play X or Y, especially one of the ORAS games...

Salmiakki

I've been Pokemon fan since 1999 when they started airing the anime here in Finland. I still have my very first Pokemon figure, I love that Meowth so much. And after being a fan for a while, my mom bought me a Red + Gameboy Color~

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I've been a fan since 1998.

However, my love for the anime, cards, and other outlets has dwindled since, and I now I simply love the games. That's all the Pokémon I need, so I'm good.

StrongBad456

Beginning Trainer
I've been a fan ever since I saw a friend playing Red Version back in 1998. I eventually got Blue Version and have been into Pokemon ever since. The only games I skipped were Crystal and Black 2.

minerswhocraft

Misty Come Back!
Was into Pokemon Yellow back when it first came out. Played the Fire Red remake when that came out, Didn't get into Pokemon until this summer, Summer of 2014!

Carcara

I've liked the franchise since i saw the anime when i was a kid. Played a few times on my computer, but only bought a 3DS when X/Y came out. I was unsure if i should buy a handheld console, video games are quite expensive here in Brazil.

Saib0t21

I become a fan of pokemon when I was 9 am know 22 work out the maths guys. lol.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Once I watched the first episode of Pokemon back in 1998. The show was airing on a TV channel I don't remember very much about. However, they were airing the first season on a daily basis. I typically kept up with the show on VHS tapes or from the TV. I didn't start playing the game until I got my copy of Yellow and a Nintendo 64.

Psychic

Really and truly
I think my earliest memory of Pokemon was from my best friend's house around when it first came out; an episode of the anime was playing on TV, and I was intrigued. She also had Pokemon Stadium and Snap, so we spent a lot of time playing on her N64 until I finally got my own. I've been into it ever since. I guess she is ultimately the reason I got into Pokemon, come to think of it. :p

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I started getting into the cards and anime near the end of 1st gen, around 1999ish. I didn't get into the games until Christmas 2000, though. So I essentially started late 1st gen/early 2nd gen.

ProfessorSinnoh

Ghost Maniac
I had always heard of the games and all but stuck to just cards and a little anime. Then the Sinnoh games came out and I fell in love with the games. So I started kind of late but I'm going to be a fan for a really long time.

Ruinous Edge

Started watching the anime when it aired in UK first time, then got surprised for my birthday with the yellow GBC and a copy of Pokemon Yellow. Was shocked to say the least and been hooked ever since, still going strong with the games but lost interest in anime.

xerxes

ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ
Sometime ago when Ruby/Sapphire were out already but Emerald wasn't. I first got into the TV show and some collectible stickers that were all the rage among kids at the time, not knowing that Pokémon games existed. A while later a friend of my parents let me all his Pokémon games from Yellow to Ruby. Needless to say, the Pokémon bug got me and I've bought every game since Emerald.