• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

When did you fall in love with pokemon?

At what age did you fall in love with pokemon?

• Total voters

pokebeast8

The Awesomest
Ive been playing it since I was probably like 5-6 but I really started getting into it at about 11-12.

Indragon

Back in the USSR
I got into at 6 as well. Started watching the Anime and collecting some of 'em Pokemon toys and I played the games at one of my friend's house. The first game which I bought was next year.

Eivana

There Is No NiGHTS!
I'm not sure, but it was somewhere between 7 and 13 years old. I think 11 would suffice. I got into the Pokemon anime when it first came out, but I got into the actual game when G/S/C came out.

GlaceonLover1

BestCharacterEver <3
When I was 5. I got pokemon Sapphire for Christmas, but I had been watching the anime since I was 3 :D

Dean

Wonder of Thunder!
I first heard of Pokemon about the anime. I was about 4 or 5 years old. The first game I got was Gold version that I rented from Blockbuster when I was about 8. I bought my own copy a few weeks later. :D

NimhShambler

Some Broke Machine
.....Well, there are a lot more Johto/Hoenn babies here than I though. Heh, you all are making me feel old! ^_^

I'm a Kanto Baby, meaning I "fell in love" with pokemon when it came out, when I was nine years old, which would have been 1998. I started watching the cartoon very early in the morning. My mom saved up money for nearly a year to buy me a game boy colour (it was the green, or "kiwi" one) and Blue Version. (Which I still have. I often replay Blue. It'll always have a special place in my heart) My first pokemon was a Bulbasaur, her name was "Sprout". (I was certain that she was female, and when I transferred her onto Crystal, I found out that I was right.)

Like most teenagers, when I turned fourteen, I stopped liking pokemon, because my peers thought it was "uncool". When I was nineteen, though, I started playing again. (Crystal version.) I have no plans to ever stop, really. Heh, I can see myself sitting in the On-Call room at whatever hospital I'll be working at playing what ever pokemon game will be out then.

~Nemmeh

I fell in love with it when it first came here to Canada. I still remember watching the first episode when it came out.

Then I was off of it for a bit, then I got back into it again. Which was only about a year and a half ago.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I fell in love with the franchise at around age 7-8. I remember that Pokemon used to be the biggest fad back then and I got into collecting the cards and stuff, and I fell in love with the characters when I started watching the anime.

Last edited: