• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

When did you first start playing Pokemon?

Draknir

Fear the Deer
I first began playing when it first came out in the US 10 years ago. I was five at the time, and a total newbie to video games(Aside from playing Donkey Kong Country at my sitter's house). I had no idea how to do so many things. I remember I only trained one Pokémon, that always either being my starter or some other Pokémon of significance to me.

Around the age of 12.
Man those yers have passed by so quick.

lvl100blastoise

I must've been 5 or 6 when I first played red

halloweenghost

I've told my long story beforeabout how I got into pokemon but I'll keep this short.

I started playing Yellow with my teal gameboy color when yellow came out and I got my GBC in fall 99. I did play abit of my friends Red version though. Trasining his pokemon up against wild pokemon,... he got it shortly after the games hit stores here in the US.

Rayn_Shyu

Claimed!
When I was ten, I got Crystal for Christmas. Pretty much when I actually got to play... before then, I mooched off of my bro's Yellow, Blue and Silver versions. And Stadium, we rented that a ton of times.

Skaisdead

Movers and Shakers
My mom used to take me and my friend to school when I was in elementary. He would always bring his gameboy and Pokemon Blue. I watched curiously. I asked for a gameboy and Pokemon Red the following Christmas. Lo and behold, I received both. The rest is history.

mudkipzz

Friends had the Pokemon red, played it a bit, I flew to the US a few days later where I was gonna buy it on the cheap, but they had just released yellow :eek: (in the 2 weeks I was there!)

So I brought that instead and had it before anyone else I knew :D I was 8/9 at the time

winddomino

I would also say I was around the age of 8. My first game was Leaf Green, and I adored the game but for some reason I stopped playing after I beat that game. Fast foward to about a year after Super Smash Brothers Brawl came out, and I started to get interested in Pokemon again because of all the playable Pokemon characters in SSBB. So I went out and bought Pearl... and here I am now. ^_^

I only started playing the game last year with my Diamond but have been and fan and watched the animé for really as long as I can remember. According to my parents, I started at about five and a half. The only reason I didn't get the game sooner is because of the sole reason we couldn't pay for it at the time. Now I'm playing and watching and will be for much, much longer.

Shiny Rokon

I started loving pokemon as soon as it came out in japan, cause my japanese friend got red and blue from her aunty. She had pokemon stickers on her laptop and i used to love the vulpix sticker most. My best friend and I managed to get the roms off the internet soon after, and then bought the games as soon as they came out in australia. I remember deciding which student was like which pokemon in our grade 6 class, and in year 7 when everyone realised what pokemon was, we were knocked for liking it. It was so nice when no one knew what it was, and 6 year olds didn't know it, but oh well, i still love it to this day.

Chrisjon

Mr. Sunshine
I started playing blue version when i was about 5 maybe years old. Now I am 16 playing platinum and its still just as fun.

TheMagician

Illusion & Deception
I was at least 10 or 11 when I started playing-- Plunged right into the first generation with the Red version, and I liked the games since.

More than a decade later, I'm still playing! (and going back to the old games to relive them at times) In order for me to stick with a franchise for this long, it has to be really good and fun, and that's exactly what Pokemon is.

I Am Become Death

Sinnoh League Champ
I was about 11 or 12 when i sneaked over sapphire version to my house. my parents didnt like pokemon and thought it was evil, so i had to sneak around whenever i played it. but then my mom caught me and i showed her that it was just a game, so she let me keep it and the rest is history.

PenguinBeam

Wish. Hope. Believe.
My brother introduced me to Pokemon when I was about three years old, but it wasn't the video games that I was interested in, it was the anime. In fact, I had no idea the video games existed until about a year after Crystal came out in America. I got it for Christmas of 2002, so I was about six when I began playing Pokemon.

I started playing about nine years ago when I got Red Version, I think I was 5 then.

nintendude 64

Dropped my balls!
I started playing them when I was about 5 or 6. The first pokemon game I played was silver,and I loved it.

Elementer

Sword&Element Master
I was 7 when I first started playing. I started with Ruby, and after a year I learned all the generations and their pokemon. I just was messing around the internet whenn I saw a pikachu's pic, searched where it came from them, and the rest, as they say, is history .

coolespeon

I dont know.
I started playing when I was 7 in 2001 christmas, when I got my Crystal and a game boy color; oh man I loved that game. now I´m 15 and still playing the games.

Stale

I first saw someone playing pokemon when I was 6, and pleaded with my parents until I got my first gameboy and game (Pokemon Red) shortly after...In the 11 years that followed, I've bought every hand-held console Pokemon game has come out with (except LG, I disliked FR so much I didn't bother).