• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

When did you have your Pokepiphany?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingdra22

Ground Game
I've almost always played that way, especially in the new games. I really wanted a Hydreigon and a Volcarona to face the E4 so I trained them super hard with my other guys. My Samurott is actually my weakest on my main team now. And I never use legendaries unless its post game and I like them

in red, when i started liking bug types. i successfully caught and trained all six bug types (traded for pinsir) and took them to the top. we even beat charizard. it was awesome. ive never felt more acomplished than i did then and i probably never will.....

Nyter

Island Challenger
When I realized that short of a Foresight/Odor Sleuth/Miracle Eye... Spiritomb can't be super effectively hit.

kingferret53

A duel well fought..
I've always used balanced teams...the idea of going through with one or two over powered pokemon...just doesn't sound fun. And I think legendary pokemon are overrated.

Pengyzu

LoL! I started in RS... I always fought my big cousin. He was really strong with legends. In DP we fought again, we did a legendary battle (BTW I always have at least one legend in my team in (playthroughs) I first used a balanced team in SS against my cousin. I won.. been better off. LOL!

MegSuicune251

Pokemon's #1 Fan
After Leafgreen. In LG, I used all the legndary birds and Mewtwo in my main roster. Then I got Emerald, started unknowingly playing balanced, and thats my Pokepiphany. The End.:)

Ruby Blue

Poképiphany? Clever.

For me, it wasn't until Platinum.

A little late, but I still got through the others fairly easily.

Necro101

After I hade finish my white, my fire red and my emerald... I am so stupide when I need to make teams... but in white I hade no HM slave so I would be stuck after one hour to arive in a cave and need to go get a pokemon that I had tought the HM...
Then I would say:( why me:(

And wow im not the only one who realized how to play pokemon the good way years later befor Black and White came out.;212;

Last edited:

Gelatini Jejunator

Vote Vanillite! Wait
I don't think I've ever had it. o.o; I mean, I never overlevelled my starter compared to anything else, I've always been pretty balanced. :eek:

deokishisu.123

Justified Trope
I always used two Pokémon; my starter, and the mascot of the game. That was back in my R/S days.

After playing Red Version and then getting Leafgreen a few years later, I decided to make a balanced team to overtop all typings, similar to Red's team. It then consisted of Empoleon (From my first Pearl file, started Christmas Eve, 07), Blaziken (First Ruby file, Birthday of '06), Serperior (First White file, Release Date), Pikachu (Dunno why, it's stats are horrible.), Staraptor (Same date as Empoleon, Shiny) and either Lucario or Zoroark.

Ever since, My team has been balanced. Until the arrival of me getting into online battles. Then I had to use Explosion Metagross, Focus Endeavor Starly, etc...

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
It happened when I bought pearl and diamond. From those games on, I vowed to always balance my teams. The only time I didn't follow this was if I did a solo run. But that's never fun :(

Kirli

Casual Expert
Yeah, I always used to go with hm slaves, just my starter etc. ThenI had a "pokepiphany" and decided to restart all my games and went balanced on all of them and have never looked back.

Lee Sin

Formerly MegaLeaf
I only started balanced in HG and I played like a noob for 3 whole generations. :p

Meowth City

Staff member
I never did this to begin with. I have always kept all my team members at roughly the same levels, and I have always used a full team of six Pokemon.

TrainerJP

Is Eatin' Yo Picnic!
From Red to Ruby I fought (and won) the games with legends, hm slaves, and my starter pokemon. It occurred to me in Leaf Green that there was an actual complexity to the game, making me realise that I could become more powerful. And that was my pokepiphany. From that day on, I ev trained and balanced my team.

Ssor

Poke-ologist
Sadly, I didn't do this until Platinum and White... I beat all my saves in Blue, Gold, and Sapphire with my starter/legendary, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.