• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

When did you have your Pokepiphany?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always played with even teams... it just seemed logical to me.
Although in my Emerald, I started again recently for a scramble challenge, and I got bored if that, so I caught Rayquaza and ever since I've been trying to beat the league with with just Rayquaza... yeah.
Apart from that I've always been really even teamy.

BattleFanatic14

Probably when I played Diamond. I don't remember what I had, but I think that was about the time I had more than just a starter and a legendary.

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
I want to say I've had a balanced Team ever since I started, but the first time I didn't use Legendaries was in Diamond; I just didn't see the point in using Dialga. It's been that way ever since.

Sklobington

Damn you, CHILLI!!!
I guess I had mine after I beat my Emerald for the first time.

Same. Went through the game and finished with lvl.80 Swampert and Rayquaza. Rest were hm slaves (really bad choice of hm slaves because only one could learn 2 hms [didn't bother with cut, flash I did though {wonder why?}])

Mr Dragon

Crazy Dude
With the first game I got finished (Fire red) I had a team of

Charizard level 89
Seadra level 55
Scyther level 54
Dragonair level 53
Jolteon level 53
Kadabra level 55

So I think the Training was alright. But could've been more even.

Nomytaker

The Deadman
Always had a balanced team.

Venusaur
Jolteon
Ninetails
Pidgeot
Hitmonchan
Dragonite

murkrowrob

Yamask Hugger x_x
Gen 5 was the first time I was bothered enough. But then I ditched Zoroark and Cofagrigus and just raised Samurott, Darmanitan, Krookodile and Reuniclus :p I'm now trying to raise the other 2 but the others are 10 levels ahead :)

Yeah, I did a hell of a lot of 1 main pokemon, although I did usually have 1 decent backup (Drifblim, Honchkrow, Gardevoir etc.). I just wanna do competitive soI rush through the games :p

Enjoiboy5

Death Machine
i think sapphire was mine but i couldnt help the kyogre rayquaza with overleveled sceptile combo

Roll

Too busy to be busy
After playing through Ruby and getting stuck on Champion Steven after the Elite Four, with nothing but a level 70 or so Sceptile and other Pokemon in the twenties / thirties. Ever since I've tried to maintain a balanced team, but now that desire has gotten a bit out of hand that if I see my Pokemon's levels more than two levels away from each other I'll get flustered.

Monochromatic

A.k.a: Nemo
I've decided to transfer my collection of Pokemon from all my games (White, SS, Pearl, Diamond, Ruby, FireRed) onto Black, and start playing through the rest with Mono-Type and Scramble and Nuzlocke Challenges and the like. This happened a few weeks ago, so I guess that was my Pokepiphany.

My last rushed playthrough is happening now. I'm rushing White with Scrafty and Reuniclus only, just to get all the Pokemon ready for whenever I can get a second DS to transfer them all.

flawlessazn

Spiffy ~ ^^"
I had my epiphany during pokemon yellow ...

AmpharosFanatic

I always tried to do this, from as far back as my Blue version. However, the one I restarted more times than any other was easily my original Gold version. Just trying different combinations for my team felt so exciting when I was younger. Of course, it helped that at that time the replay value was much higher thanks to being able to explore Kanto after Johto...

Of course, I always do at least one rushed playthrough with every new generation, Black included. All playthroughs afterwards are usually slow and methodical however...

Tamaku

Catching 'em all.
Would anyone kill me if i said black?
Yeah, I thought so.
It's really easy keeping balanced though.

Larry

My first playthrough of Blue Version I only trained my Charizard and Vaporeon during the story. After the story I got a balanced party of 6. I started to train a fully balanced team since Firered.

Manaphyman

Up all night
For me, it was weird. When I first got Yellow version, I had a semi balanced team. (Pikachu, the starters, Pidgeot and Butterfree...yeah, I was original back then.)

But then when I first got silver, I played through with just Feraligatr, Noctowl, and Lugia. I eventually got Crystal, and after a few playthroughs of that with just my starter and Suicune, I decided that I needed a balanced team.

Ever since, I have played through each game with a team planned almost as soon as that generations' Pokemon came out. That is, until White, where I spontaneously decided to order the game despite a declining interest in Pokemon. A balanced team later, I made a very good investment...

Mukuhawku

I've always played it out balanced since I started playing the games with Diamond. (My only Pokemon I remember on my team, though, were Infernape, Staraptor, and Rampardos. Just HAD to have a majority of my DS Games stolen...)

Status
Not open for further replies.