• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

When did you have your Pokepiphany?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esteban252

Stare Into Your Soul
I probably started this on Diamond/Pearl

Natty

Electric Rodent
I feel like the minority, but I think my first game ever (Red) I was leveling up my entire team. I knew to switch out when one was leveled up beyond the others. I at least know for fact I was doing this by GSC.

Grei

not the color
I've never been the kind of player to rely on Legendaries, so I've never need a Pokepiphany. I've always played with a balanced team.

Miror

De-le-le wooooooooooop
Staff member
Whenever I get bored of raising one team, I take out 6 new Pokemon, and raise another one. Or if I get a shiny, I build a special team around it.

Pseudo-Unlegendary

I be an Exotic One
I've always been balanced so I never had a Pokepiphany.

That's just how I roll.

Uberpolychrome

Soft Reset #2935
When my training consisted entirely of the Sinnoh elite 4, I must have had 100 hall of fame entries of the same team

~xSerenityx~

Okay, so I pretty much do that on all of my games :p I started at Fire red, and I am now on pokemon white. I think the most fun game so far (I havent finished white yet) has been emrald. But yet its still been restarted more the 5 times :p I have nearly 7 latias + latios. is that strange?

Last edited:

gyarados151

Ace ninja trainer
Pokepiphany. . .

I remember being like that. In Red, I levelled only charizard.

In silver, my focus was on meganium.

In Sapphire/ruby/emerald My focus was on all 3 starters (one in each game).

In Diamond pearl and platinum, same as in gen 3 (one for each game).

Then I got bored. . . I decided to restart platinium, except this time I would try to keep every pokemon at the same level (roughly: a difference of 2 levels was allowed imo :p). It was a new world for me, as I was actually using something other than my starter! And tbh I had more fun using the likes of Lucario, Milotic (I was extremely lucky: didn't know at the time how rare a feebas was, until I caught it), spiritomb (so far looks like cynthia's team. . .) and froslass. I also used Vespiquen and Lopunny, although I had more fun with the other 4.

Then after that, I started to get every pokemon possible and used them. This was not only my pokepiphany but also my entrance into competitive battling (to an extent).

I had much fun creating a 2nd gen balanced team, ending up with a dragonite, a misdreavus (eventually mismagius after elite 4), an electabuzz (electivire after e4), Macargo, Kangaskhan and Gyarados in soulsilver.

At the time of writing, I do not have Black or White, but am reading up on the pokemon in the dex to see what I will preferably get in my playthrough when I eventually do get it (because I KNOW I will get it. . . eventually).

Escape Reality

Daydreamer
After going though Pokemon Red. xD I started to balance out my team's levels once I started Crystal and Gold.

WynautQueen

Pokemon Caretaker
I've pretty much played with balanced teams from the beginning. Playing around with legendaries is fun but unless I'm training them for competitive play they're not often in my party for very long in terms of getting through the game.

Moonlight_Tails

Nocturnal Trainer
I guess in gen 3 when I started paying attention to my pokemons' stats and teaching they moves that played to their strengths.

Mister Melancholy

Valetshipping ♥
Platinum was when I got "serious" and started breeding and EV training for the "perfect" Pokemon. Platinum was also when I realized that not having a full party of Pokemon isn't fun, nor is training my Pokemon to be ten levels higher than everyone else. There's just no challenge to that.

In my Pokemon White game, I ended up being overlevelled than everyone other trainer by five levels all the time, until I finally got to Ghetsis. We were both equally matched concerning levels, and his Hydreigon was a pain because I had no supereffective moves and he was faster than all my Pokemon. I eventually won, but geez, it took roughly half an hour at least. Same thing with Cynthia. I accidentally battled her with Pokemon that were ten levels underlevelled, but I ended up winning thanks to my Jellicent, Curse Body, fifty revives, two max revives, and twenty hyper potions/lemonades. Those were the most fun battles I've ever had in my six years of playing Pokemon. ♥

OMG potatoes

Pokemon Trader
Ahhh, I just had my Pokepiphany a couple days ago when I decided to restart my firered and I'm having alot more fun on that game then I did on soulsilver

GalladeRocks

Son of a Beach
The first time I used a fairly balanced team? Black Version. Well, that's not completely true, I did balanced teams on my second playthroughs of Soulsilver, Leafgreen, and Sapphire, but then again, I didn't put much effort into them.

My Unofficial First Balanced Teams:
Soulsilver-Typhlosion, Quagsire, Ampharos, Victreebel, Scizor, Noctowl
Leafgreen-Venusaur, Primeape, Dugtrio, Flareon, Starmie, Dragonite
Sapphire-Blaziken, Exploud, Manectric, Weezing, Flygon, Ludicolo

My Official First Balanced Team:
Black-Samurott, Leavanny, Krookodile, Darmanitan, Eelektross, Haxorus

FruitSalad

A Lazy Breeder
I've never really did that. I didn't get my first pokemon game until I was almost nine, and even then I had like four or three pokemon I trained fairly equally (kinda). I've never liked using legendaries. I dunno it just never felt right. I was however for a long time one of those people that tried to avoid all misc. trainer battles which caused severely under leveled pokemon.

Pokemon Trainer Blue

Smell ya later!
I've never really did that. I didn't get my first pokemon game until I was almost nine, and even then I had like four or three pokemon I trained fairly equally (kinda). I've never liked using legendaries. I dunno it just never felt right. I was however for a long time one of those people that tried to avoid all misc. trainer battles which caused severely under leveled pokemon.
I just don't get the people that opt to avoid the typical trainer battles. Don't they have fun battling trainers? If they don't enjoy the battling, then why are they playing? The games are easy enough, theres no way a few trainers on a route could roadblock you.

CasteliaUmbreon

Castelia's Finest
After HeartGold I decided I would finally try using a balanced team, and in Black I tried it and I loved it, much more appeal to the game when there's more strategy involved~

Aello

I didn't start playing until I was 17, so I've always kept my team balanced and tried to teach my HM pokemon some good moves besides cut/surf and actually use them in battles.

I didn't use legendaries on my Diamond version because I didn't like the ones available, but in Heart Gold I did use pretty much every giveaway pokemon that came out, with the exception of Raikou whom I missed out on and the Entei because I preferred Ho-oh.

So far on White I've only used Victini but it's not really that powerful at lvl 33. I'm going to bench it now that I've got Litwick and already had a Swoobat.

Status
Not open for further replies.