• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

When did you stop watching?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I stopped watching during johto about the time Ash beat Chuck, I picked it back up during hoenn a few episode before Ash battled Watson. I didnt stop watching due to lack of interest it was mainly due to lack of time or having to sit through a job lot of repeats.

I don't think it has to do anything with becoming too old going by reasons he provided.

Many people who stopped watching at some point didn't liked direction in which anime was taken becoming more focused on promotion of games rather than development of story itself. Something wwas more prevalent in hich earlier years with writers straying away more from advertizing. There are people who enjoyed more in specific cast with new characters which took their place not providing same amount of humor and quality dynamic like previous ones did, along with series losing appeal to them because of which they generally got hooked on it.

Sometimes viewers can't adjust to change, if that change shows that anime has become less enjoyable to them than it was case prior to that.

There is surprisingly big number of older fans who quit when AG began not being interested in new series until BW started which ended up more similar to OS formula they originally liked, showing how they preferred more this type of set up .

That makes no sense whatsoever. One, you can't even claim that the anime wasn't focused on promoting the games back in OS because that was the whole point of the show being made. Two, the marketable pokemon were still shoved down the viewers throats while the others got no screen time back then.

Two, how was OS focused on the development of the story than the other 3 series? plz explain i wanna hear

There are people who enjoyed more in specific cast with new characters which took their place not providing same amount of humor and quality dynamic like previous ones did, along with series losing appeal to them because of which they generally got hooked on it.
Which is subjective~

pokemon fan 132

That makes no sense whatsoever. One, you can't even claim that the anime wasn't focused on promoting the games back in OS because that was the whole point of the show being made. Two, the marketable pokemon were still shoved down the viewers throats while the others got no screen time back then.

Two, how was OS focused on the development of the story than the other 3 series? plz explain i wanna hear

There was always advertizing, but compared to nowadays anime back than followed games less closely with less game characters being included, writers strayed away by including more of anime exclusive characters and arcs going as far as creating regions which didn't even existed in games(like Orange Islands). Plots used to be more wacky, there was more reference to Japan culture and even use of real guns wasn't so rare with anime being treated vastly different if we compare it to today standards.

In earlier years ex head writer mr. Shudo(going by his blogs) intended that anime is written for all age groups with more humor and focus on human interactions being present, rather than pokemon themselves.
However because of games and producers pressure he wasn't allowed to write show in way he originally wanted to.

And by development i meant how older series were more focused on adventurous aspect of journey being more about exploring world of pokemon, development of friendship between traveling companions etc,.

While now is more focused on pokemon and their growth.

Which is subjective~

Hence why i referred to preference.

Last edited:

Jazz™

Not exactly Orthodox
I stopped watching after a few episodes of BW.
I thought it had no where near as much action as DPP and Team Rocket are actually good in BW. I'm also so p***ed that they ditched Wobbufett and Carnivine. I damn loved those things. I also missed Brock. Cilan was okish I guess but Brock just was the king of the laideez.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I had stopped watching in Johto briefly for a while than I began back when AG was starting. Something new and fresh got my attention. I never stopped watching since.

jh941

I stopped around mid-Orange Islands to start of Johto, as I saw a couple of episodes there, and then I just faded away from it, although I saw the 3rd movie and played the games every now and then. Many years later, a couple of friends were talking about the new games coming out (which I think were Diamond and Pearl) so I thought I might check out the anime again. Eventually I did come back, and this was about half way through the first season of Sinnoh. I then checked serebii and was amazed at how it was going and how many episodes there had been since I left. Since then I have watched the show right from episode 1 to the most recent dubbed episode, twice. I have now seen up to the first episode of the BW2 dubbed and up to the start of the JWC in Japanese but have taken quite a long break from it, although I do still check back on this forum occasionally.

pokeguru

I like to play hero!
Stopped? me...never :) i won't stop till ash is champ!

I don't think that's gonna happen anytime because the anime seems extravagantly popular in both Japan and America. Man, no wonder Ash isn't even an inch closer to becoming a Pokemon Master. So ironic... :/

Last edited:

NimhShambler

Some Broke Machine
I stopped watching...about midway through Johto. I've only watched a few episodes after that--just ones that have pokemon I really like and was curious to hear how it sounded (like the Scrafty episode, and the Medicham episode (I think it was called "A Graceful Contest" or something)).

I think I stopped watching because that was around the age that I started thinking that I was "too old" for pokemon. Now I know that there is no such thing and, while I don't really watch the anime (per se), I still play the games.

SD.

B E N N I N G T O N
i want to say never but then again that aint true
the last 3 seasons or something... havent seen them
why? because i dont care about the 5th generation

seen all the other seasons thuogh​

Spin Attaxx

2012-2013
I haven't stopped watching yet... but if Genesect is a good guy, the ratings for the show will go down by one.

zeno48

Zaker!
I haven't found much of a reason to watch this show. It's just not the same for me since Paul left, but maybe after we see more of N i could get back into watching this.

ChampionRed

Haven't stopped yet but I will be stopping when Best Wishes end. I will start watching again if Ash finally gets to the Champion League or if Dawn or May makes a cameo again. : p I want to see Ash become Champion before I die on this planet.

eryyy

Ace Trainer
I did stop watching during Best Wishes (can't remember which episode though). But then the Black and White 2 games out and then I became hooked again.

infernape612

Village Idiot
I stopped midway through BW since the characters were too immature. Then Dawn came back, and I came back too.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Let's see, I watched most of the Indigo saga through VHS, missed most of Johto, and then watched Hoenn on and off on Kids WB. Then I went completely on board at the beginning of Sinnoh, started only watching non-filler by about the 5th gym, then stopped completely for the 7th gym. BW got me reinterested thanks to TR's role, but once they scrapped that idea, I quit once again. I might come back for Episode N depending on what it's like.

nuzamaki90

I never stopped staying on top of the games but I did stop watching the show after Kids WB was apparently done for.

After that, I guess I missed almost the entire Hoenn saga before keeping up again when the Lance returns, Groudon and Kyogre battles aired here in the US.

What really got me to start watching again was when Cartoonnetwork started airing Battle Frontier, the night where the Mystery Dungeon special and the first Battle Frontier episode to air in the US came on got my attention and I haven't stopped watching since.

Ditto B1tch

I stopped watching in the begining of Advanced Generation because no open channel keep running the serie, only the close channel.

~Kari~

I stopped at around the middle of Best Wishes. It's just not the same without all my favorite older characters and the new characters are immature and annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.