• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

When did you stop watching?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have stopped watching the anime since the start of Sinnoh.Of course i saw some episodes now and then but have lost track.They are still episodes for me to see.

ArmadaUGS

I stopped watching around the time when Ash left Charizard.
Im not sure if it was a break with the anime for a while or if they changed chanel. But pretty soon when I saw those "new Pokemons" (third generation) I really lost my hope of Pokemon. Even if I still was a kid it feelt like Pokemons was not Pokemon anymore and gave up on it.

A few years later my brother won some Pokemon movies/episodes from the anime in some kind of competition online. He told me and I was like "yeah maybe I should rewatch the Anime cause I really love it" Then I saw Misty was not even a part of the crew anymore so I stopped watching right away.

No maybe 6 years after that happend I decided to rewatch the entire anime anyway. When I came to the end of season 5 and Misty left it took me a while before I realized that I already knew this would happen. I guess I repressed the fact it actually happend cause I never wanted it to happen in the first place.

HectorB

I stopped watching at the end of the Hoenn region. I have seen a few episodes of the Sinnoh and Unova seasons and have seen all the movies up to date though.

silver_phoenix

Fluffy Pokemon Trainer
I really loved the Kanto one and the one in the Orange Islands (I wish there had been an Orange Islands), but when the Johto Journeys started I kinda lost interest. However afterwards I became an even more intense fan of the games.

*~Silver*~

I don't ever really keep up with the newer episodes. Every once in a while I'll watch one online, but I stopped really keeping track of and anticipating the releases of episodes in season 10. I do still watch the show online all the time, but only really seasons 1-5 and sometimes 1-9.

Spin Attaxx

2012-2013
Remember when I said I'd stop watching if Genesect was a good guy? Turns out I've stopped watching earlier than that - at around the ep where Iris gets Dragonite. The characters come off as bland, one-dimensional and I don't care for them, the voice acting ranges from meh to ear-raping, and it's just so samey, unfunny, idiotic and downright BORING to me now. The fact that I've wised up to the fact that the whole shebang's a merchandising ploy that rarely tries to tell a good story doesn't help.

Last edited:

Shooti

Uber Trainer
I did at the end of DP. I think the story-line of pokemon is going basically no where. The characters aren't aging, continuous character replacements doesn't help the cause either. Has became too predictive and repetitive.

I agree with *~Silver*~, when a series has amassed so many episodes it just doesn't feel practical to keep following every single last one on TV.

munchlaxboy

Catching up on XY
I stopped watching near the beginning of Hoenn. It just wasn't the same to me after the Original Series. I was missing episodes because of my Saturday religion class (like I had with Johto), and combined with a little lack of interest I stopped watching basically.

adamfitz

poké-lover
Haven't stopped and waiting for the next

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I did at the end of DP. I think the story-line of pokemon is going basically no where. The characters aren't aging, continuous character replacements doesn't help the cause either. Has became too predictive and repetitive.

Yet, your username and avatar is Shooti.. Real credibility there mate.

And predictive?

Myself, I tried to watch Johto in its entirety when it first came out, but the Dutch network didn't air it all in one go, so it became tough to watch them all in the correct order, but eventually, with reruns, I managed to watch them all. Then came highschool and conflicting scheduals, so I basically missed a lot of AG due to that, also, saturday mornings weren't my thing in highschool.. Sports got in the way as well, not to mention that the airing of AG basically stopped somewhere around Dewford/Mauville and kept on rerunning in my experience since then. Then I went to the States, and barely watched any episodes at all, though I started to view episode pictures on Serebii for some of the last episodes of Battle Frontier. Hence my total lack of licking May/Max/Drew/Harley, because they were introduced in a time which I didn't watch pokemon.

Continuing, I watched most of the first few DP episodes in picture form, and then started to watch streams around the time of the tagbattle arc. Since then, I only miss a few episodes..

Pokénaut

I never really watched the anime apart from a few episodes here and there. I watch the first episode of every new generation of the show and all the movies but not the show itself.

EDIT: Before anyone says, "then why is your avatar Skyla from the anime?"...

Skyla is cute your argument is invalid.

Last edited:

ShinyPokemon inc.

The Tower Master
I stopped watching during black and,white so I could,focus on school but I started watching it again.

supersmew

Let me heal your ⓗ♈ʒ
I sstopped watching when they brought like Dawn and other region Pokémon into Black and White. But this Episode N thing is making me want to watch again.

Super-Staff

Turnabout Pokemon
I stopped in mid DP, but then resumed watching Best Wishes. Although I don't get up early like I used to, to catch new episodes.

Dr. Steve

I remember back when I was still young I was starting to get bored with the series around Master Quest. It must have been the phase where I was starting to mature in to my teen-hood at the time. Still I did watch the entire Johto League and enjoyed it quite a lot. I still remember the epic 6 on 6 Battle with Ash and Gary which was what I was waiting for a long time. Then Ash got beat by the dude who had a Blaziken. On 1 hand it sucked to see Ash loose again but on the other hand BLAZIKEN WAS COOL AS HELL.... sorry.

So then we move to Pokemon Advance. It almost sucked me back in to the series completely because I thought for a second Ash was finally going to be replaced by a new protagonist. It was giving me that impression because it started off with May and I was actually pretty excited... then 5 minutes later Ash showed up and my excitement turned to disappointment. Then I found out May didn't want to become a trainer but rather a coordinator... then I got even more disappointed. Ever since then my experience with the Anime has been on and off. I only watch episodes if I'm bored enough or if I'm in the mood.

But I swear I have grown to hate Ash over the years. It has gotten so tiring watching him for 5(soon to be 6) straight generations. Despite the fact that he now has 5 generations of experience he still makes terrible rookie mistakes. I really wish they would've opted to change the protagonist for every new gen but sadly Ash will always be there go to marketing tool. The last time I got really excited related to the Anime was the B/W 2 trailer. I was hoping that would've been real. Ah well...

Status
Not open for further replies.