• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

When did you stop watching?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterJedi

Coral Eye Trainer
Never stopped watching and never will. I realize what the anime is and what it won't be so I can't be filled with the rage or entitlement that a lot of people seem to get after years of watching. I've been watching since it started in '98 and have seen it advance mostly for the better since then as I've grown up. I'm ready for some Gen VI and some more adventures with Ash and co. :)

bigtukker

Somewhere around Best Wishes. It just lost it touch and became WAY to childish (especially the dub, kicking in open doors and stuff). And I loved all the anime until the end of DP.

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
Lol, years and years ago. It was sometime during the Johto episodes. And I stopped watching the movies after the 5th one (I've only ever seen the 4th and 5th movies in Japanese).

I stopped because I just became bored of it - and English dubbed Anime in general - and became more interested in watching Animes in actual Japanese with English subtitles (though I have watched a few raw Pokemon episodes, and the movies, as I mentioned). In fact that's the only kind of Anime I'll watch now. I started watching subbed Anime when I was 15, so... it's been over ten years since I watched the Pokemon Anime.

... Damn. Now I feel old. >.>

Last edited:

allicat

I left with Misty, but I dropped in every now and then to see if anything really cool was happening. So far, nothing's really impressed me as much as the older episodes.

zeno48

Zaker!
i try not to stop because i grew up with Ash and i want his story to finally conclude but with today's episode i'm done with the anime. I'm just going to keep up with summaries from here and wait until the next league.

Sadly for me, I stopped after tha 1st Gym Battle in Johto Journeys :(. I guess the time slot change around that time threw me off. though that was so long ago for me i wouldn't remember lol XD. good times though i just started re-watching Johto Journeys & Falkner has always been my 2nd favorite I just couldn't beLIEVE when Ash Vs Falkner happened in tha anime that he had a Dudrio (yup, i spelled it wrong lol) & a Pidgeot lol that was so awesome & he was so confident too just an all-around cool character :). but i ALSO remember how LONG it took just to get to tha 1st gym battle lol XD

Gloryus

Where's Wally?
I stopped watching the anime reguarly around Advanced Battle, it got a bit dull and now I only watch the anime sporadically.

Dragoniss

I'm 26 now, why am I still here?
For me I stopped actively watching after Master Quest.

I tried watching AG but, I don't know why but the humor just slowly started to decline. It became more..I dunno, kiddish. I mean yes OS and all that was cheesy and kiddish but it makes you just bust out laughing. After Master Quest I really felt like that went away. The Emotion also left. I didn't feel as bad for Ash when he lost in AG as I did in OS when he lost the Indigo league. I cried then, I didn't cry when Ash lost another gym battle. Especially after they switched VA's. The VA switch really killed it for me. The characters sounded really bad. Even professor oak sounded bad.

I guess Gary's voice was better. Not as annoying but at the same time I kinda liked his annoying voice. Made you hate him all the more. [even though I never hated Gary. Him and ash were my favorites] I guess that also contributed to it. Gary kinda went poof for like 90% of AG. I really liked the chemistry him and Ash had as rivals. It worked better than any other rival, it made Ash determined and stronger. And i'm not going off the fact that at that time I was a palletshipper before I knew what shipping and yaoi were. So innocent back then. They tried to fix Gary being gone with Paul but...Paul just couldn't fit Gary's shoes. It was more rude than cocky and annoying.

I guess that's when and why I stopped watching. Lack of humor that OS had, lack of emotion, VA's being switched and gary going le poof.

Winona

~*~The Sky Tamer~*~
I personally stopped watching after Jhoto league, I didn't get into the series like I did digimon after then :/
I still love the games though, especially XD gale of darkeness <3

moneylesswario

Gone But Not Forgotten
Stopped watching regularly after Johto, of course, then I watched less and less after each region (and also the dub change).
I still watch it a decent amount, though, since theres nothing on at the time.
~marioluigifan05

Lucario95

Behold The Aura!
After Johto, soon I saw battle frontier and finally stopped in Diamond and Pearl.

Mays

I never stopped watching and I never will. Even though I don't like BW at all, I'll keep on watching and hoping for better sagas... I just can't stand the thought of actually stopping watching Pokemon... Pokemon is sacred to me and I'll watch, in both good and in bad times!

Same here.

cantavanda

Blue Rose Princess
Well, so many TV channels were too expensive to my parents, so they shut down some, and the channel that shows pokemon episodes is gone now! :'(
I really miss watching it.

Mr.Pokeman

I guess I stopped watching regularly after the 3rd gen. However, I saw the first several episodes of the 4th gen and also several random episodes after that, including several 5th gen episodes.

The other day I picked up the dvd at Target with the first 12 episodes of BW on it. We will see how it goes.

Is 19 years of age too old to watch the Pokemon anime? lol

moneylesswario

Gone But Not Forgotten
Never too old to enjoy Pokemon :) I know people older than you who still enjoy the anime.

Bruno Magno

I've never really followed the anime, just some episodes now and then, it was pretty cool, stopped when i saw Dawn's Mamoswine beating the s*** out of Iris' Dragonite with Ice Shard for like 20 minutes, then Dragonite used a single Dragon Rush and bum match won. I mean, that's unforgivable

Thomas Elliot

I AM HUSH
I stopped actively watching around Orange Islands, that was about the time I was in high school and the appeal of the show outside of tournament leagues just wasn't there for me anymore. When I got back into Pokemon with 4th gen, I caught the first few episodes, I was actually excited about it even, but it became too formulaic for me again. I usually catch episodes where Gary appears, episode where Paul would battle and any good tournament type battles, but even then it's rare that I will actively seek them out.
I do watch all the movies that come out though, I feel like those have better stories for the most part.

Ryechuu

You know.....
I stopped watching for a while during the middle of Sinnoh. For me, the saga was too long, very boring, and highly repetitive. The only parts I actually remember enjoying were the Hunter J and Team Galactic episodes. Then I got back into the show during the beginning of Unova. It seemed like the show was going to get revamped and start anew to recover its former quality and learn from the mistakes from past seasons. Around the middle of the first season of the saga, I learned this was not going to be the case.

Ash acted as if he was in a alternate dimension where he went to Unova instead of Johto, because he was making careless mistakes and presented himself like a novice. I remember that part when he forgot how to catch Pokemon when he saw a Deerling. Then I saw Team Rocket actually being serious about their jobs. Too bad that was at the cost of getting their souls removed. And Team Rocket still failed in their jobs, as this time however they knew when to retreat before getting blasted off by the heroes. I also find the new companions a little irritating and uninteresting with their evaluations and little kid references. The first half of the saga had somewhat interesting plots, but its appeal did not last long While I was starting to lose interest in the series again, I saw previews for the Team Plasma vs Team Rocket episodes. They looked epic and seemed to be exactly what the saga needed. I was exited to see the show take a more mature route in these episodes. But then WHAPAAAA! An earthquake struck and cancelled the episodes. After that, I decided to stop watching it as the series did not appear to be releasing any interesting episodes for a while.

I haven't completely abandoned the series. I look at some episodes from time to time to stay up to date. But other that that, I don't frequently watch the show anymore. I really do wish for the series to evolve into something similar to what the B2W2 trailers showed. That type of maturity and complexity is what the storyline needs to truly improve, in my opinion.

I still play the games and am looking forward to the X and Y games.

Status
Not open for further replies.