• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

When did you stop watching?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pokemon fan 132

Didn't Ash only reset in BW? I'm pretty sure he kept his skills from OS to AG and from AG to DP. I mean they were some small mistakes he made but even a skilled player will make some small mistakes when playing a new game from the start. I think thats actually what they are trying to show at times early on.

To larger extent compared to previous arcs, but at start of Hoenn or Sinnoh he didn't radiate impression of same experienced and knowledgeable trainer we watched at league or conquering BF either. This can be noticed in doing same basic mistakes at very start such as throwing pokeball at wild pokemon without battling(like Treecko), using simplified strategy against Brawley or Roark going with head through wall losing easily, in reckless and childish approach etc.
This applies to Pikachu too which always gets regressed in power by some contrived excuse whether its because of some TR machine draining his electricity, or because of legendary like Zekrom .

This was especially noticeable at start of Sinnoh when Pikachu wasn't nearly as powerful as it was when defeating Brandon Regice.

MegaSerperior

<--- My life
I haven't stopped... Yet. Really, the only reason I still watch it is because my sister likes to and she's ultimately in charge of the TV. :/ If it weren't for her, I would have stopped right when BW started. I swear, it's so bad it gives me headaches.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I haven't stopped... Yet. Really, the only reason I still watch it is because my sister likes to and she's ultimately in charge of the TV. :/ If it weren't for her, I would have stopped right when BW started. I swear, it's so bad it gives me headaches.

It's really just the dialogue and writing that's bad.

Cutty

Forever now
I only watch the show when I run out any good anime to watch.

Aegon

I originally stopped towards the end of Johto/beginning of AG. I got back into it in late AG and the BF, and saw a good bit of DP's start (the first fifty or so episodes). I started watching DP again around DP100, and have been watching continuously since then. I really don't know why I still watch the anime. :/

It's really just the dialogue and writing that's bad.
So the most important parts of the show, then.

I haven't seen Best Wishes yet because I heard it wasn't that great but I have to admit, I'm kinda tempted to start watching again. If only for old times sake :3

I stopped watching between the 7th and 8th gym in DP. I lost interest because the saga was becoming a drag. When I heard BW would be starting, I decided to check it out and I loved it mainly because of Iris, so here I am still watching the anime.

I'm also mature enough now that I don't think about whether I'm too old to be watching pokemon. As long as I enjoy the show I'm watching, I don't care what others think.

I stopped watching after the Indigo league. I watched some of the orange islands, but I stopped almost completely when Johto came. I returned to watching the show back when Japan was already running the Battle Frontier. But I got to watch all the episodes of Hoenn because I went back and really enjoyed that saga. I watched through Hoenn, BF and D/P. I sort of stopped watching after Team Galactic's final episode. And I haven't watched any episodes of B/W.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
And right now I quit BW after about 10 episodes and currently have no desire to catch up on the full series.

A wise choice. [IMG139]http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l559/truckscraggy/clap.gif[/IMG139]

I'm seriously surprised to learn this, though. I've seen you post in Anime Spoilers recently, so I assumed you still watched the anime. Anyway, I'm glad that people haven't targeted you; when I mentioned that I stopped watching BW, people attacked me and told me to stop posting, which was very rude. I still look at the episode pictures and I read the summaries, so I still understand what's going on. I hate that people think everyone has to watch the actual anime in order to contribute to the conversation.

^yeah as if they even know what's fully going on lol unless of course they actually truly understand Japanese. The rest of them lie. :3

I mean just because you stop watching the anime, doesn't mean you're not entitled to look at previews and summaries. You just don't have any reason to watch the episode. Rude people.

BlueDragonfangirl

I won't stop watching till if whenever Ash leaves the series, hes my favorite character.
I'm a true Ash fan and won't stop even if the Pokemon series does mistakes every once in a while.

I never stopped watching and I never will. Even though I don't like BW at all, I'll keep on watching and hoping for better sagas... I just can't stand the thought of actually stopping watching Pokemon... Pokemon is sacred to me and I'll watch, in both good and in bad times!

RickHoenn

Banned
I stopped watching sometime after Veilstone Gym but I came back during Candice's Gym so yeah it was a short while, I rewatched all of DP later because I missed a lot of episode lacking out of interest..

The DP saga was certainly a drag/borefest for me in its original run. :rolleyes: but after I rewatched all of the eps subbed I gotta say it was good.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
A wise choice. [IMG139]http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l559/truckscraggy/clap.gif[/IMG139]

I'm seriously surprised to learn this, though. I've seen you post in Anime Spoilers recently, so I assumed you still watched the anime. Anyway, I'm glad that people haven't targeted you; when I mentioned that I stopped watching BW, people attacked me and told me to stop posting, which was very rude. I still look at the episode pictures and I read the summaries, so I still understand what's going on. I hate that people think everyone has to watch the actual anime in order to contribute to the conversation.

I sometimes check out a episode or two that has a character I want to see animated like a certain gym leader or a returning character and most of my anime post deal with AG, DP, Johto, and OS, but other then that I don't follow the series loyally like I did in DP. Truthfully if it wasn't for DP's storytelling I would have dropped the series then too, but I got interested enough to continue for one more region with Sinnoh. After that I knew I was on borrowed time with the Pokemon anime series. I just don't enjoy the endless loop and repeating itself over and over with the same main character to boot. The sad thing is I don't even know who half the cast is anymore. When I hear the names "Luke" or "Stephan" I kid you not, I do not even know who they are or what they look like.

Last edited:

Sunglasses Krookodile

King Of The Kroks
I've been watching since the beginning. There were times I wanted to stop but I always felt that stopping would be like watching the second to last episode of a series wanting to know the final outcome. And sitting their thinking about it, the series in my opinion has had its ups and downs, but I know eventually be it 1 year or even 20 years the series will have an outcome, wheather I stop watching before that outcome is probably best left until the day it happens

Status
Not open for further replies.