• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

When did you stop watching?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crasher

Assuming you did, of course.

Discuss when and why you stopped watching the Pokemon anime.

Personally, I stopped watching shortly after the beginning of Diamond and Pearl. I didn't manage to keep up with the episodes and gradually lost interest. I haven't played much of Black & White so the new series doesn't interest me much.

Pippi

Cool
Ehh, I haven't really been keeping up the BW series much, and I haven't seen much past the first few episodes of it. Too early.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I stopped watching when it became apparent that Cilan was going to get more screen-time than Ash and Iris. So about 20 episodes into the BW saga.

Haunter ゴースト

I originally stopped watching when the voice over change happened in AG/BF. When I realised that I can't grow up and still liked Pokemon, i returned and started watching in late DP (during the League). At this point I decided to watch the Japaenese Raw instead, but did grow a pair and stopped whining about how bad the new VA's were.

LizardonX

Banned
I stopped watching about halfway through BF saw he first few Epa of DP then stopped then anloooong time later watched BW and went back and saw almost all of DP and the most interesting eps in BW I'm now up to date.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
I did stop watching the show at some point during Season 1. Most likely around a few episodes after Misty got her Togepi. I may have watched a Orange Island episode during it's air time. However, after watching the third movie in it's premiere year, I stopped watching Pokemon for a while due to being bored and lacking my focus on watching Kids WB. Around the early 2000s, I stuck with Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network. When I got introduced to Saturday Morning cartoon programs, like FoxBox, the whole ordeal in watching Pokemon on Kids WB came back to me. Now that I think about it, seems as though I didn't miss a whole lot during the Johto saga. When I got back into the anime completely, I was in the middle of Season 7.

Overall, I did stop watching the main show at the time. Or, you can say, I barely watched the episodes during the Orange Islands and Johto.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I stopped watching the 1st time after I watched the Ash vs Elesa gym battle in the original Japanese version due to being disappointed with Ash and how he was acting during the series so far, but I returned later around the time the Skyla episodes aired in the original Japanese version.

I also plan to stop watching indefinetly after the episode that Dawn leaves until she returns, because her cameo and alot of other things in BW and Season 2 have been a huge disappointment to me and I'm only watching until she leaves because I'm a fan of hers and I'm supporting her while she's here.

3D992

The Living Hologram
I stopped about 15 episodes into BW. Seriously their VA, animation, and storyline all suck.

Bulba the Great!

We Do Not Sow
I stopped, regretfully, shortly after the dub actors changed over - I half-heartedly stumbled into the first three episodes of D/P, then stopped altogether. I dropped out of Pokemon altogether, until BW came out - the games, mind you. I played through twice, then began visiting SPP again. Eventually, I began an entire re-watch of the anime, which I'm almost all the way through. It's nice to be back :)

empoleon49

Dawn's number 1 fan™
I stopped halfway through D/P.

pokemon fan 132

Im one of few in here i guess which nver stopped watching show. I started in 1998 going through all Kanto, OI, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh and now im currently going through Unova. I also watched all pokemon movies(except Giratina Sky Warrior) and chronicles with exception of some of banned episodes which are hard to come by.

However i admit there were few times when i was thinking about quitting, first time when Misty left cast being stupid imo to get rid of group which started this show and second time when dub voicing changed with new voices getting jarring to listen to taking time to adjust to them.

As show pokemon is pretty poorly written not having deep or complex plot and Ash resets at start of every region , older companions which are replaced falling in oblivion unfinished never to be seen again, lack of continuity etc. are all terrible choices.
But despite all of this anime has that carefree, lighthearted humor and entertainment factor which keeps you hooked on it being willing to forgive all mistakes they do. So i give writers props for it, because they know how to keep you interested doing something right and since i grew up with pokemon im interested in finding out how will Ash's and stories of all past companions end up being another motivation for me to watch.

Shortly before Battle Frontier started. But that wasn't really out of choice. By the time I got back into it, Sinnoh League Victors was finaly airing in the UK.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Stopped fora while, in AG, when the 3gen games came out, I wasn't a fan of them at all, the sprites and art looked diferent, the dex was limited(at the start) to only Hoenn dex pokemon, etc.

That made me actually lose interest in the anime.

Plus I had a lot to do back then I didn't even remember I had to catch up with series,etc.

Came back after Noland I think in BF, went back watched Hoenn series and I've been watching everything since then, japanese version only.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Several times. First ones half way in Johto, probably after the Morty Gym as that's when Johto truly got bad for me, though I went back and watched all the episodes I missed. My second break was during the BF where I skipped nearly the entire season altogether and only watched May's contest and certain Frontier matches and again I went back and watched it all later. I had a tiny little break during DP right before Dawn's losing streak and truthfully it was that losing streak that truly got me interested in DP to begin with and watched every episode that followed and watched the ones I missed later. And right now I quit BW after about 10 episodes and currently have no desire to catch up on the full series.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I haven't entirely stop watching the dub, as I go watch that every now and then. Maybe after Univa is said and done, I'll let it go at never go back to this anime.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
I skipped the Tirtouga arc but am still watching since I heard the good eps are starting next week

As show pokemon is pretty poorly written not having deep or complex plot and Ash resets at start of every region , older companions which are replaced falling in oblivion unfinished never to be seen again, lack of continuity etc. are all terrible choices.
But despite all of this anime has that carefree, lighthearted humor and entertainment factor which keeps you hooked on it being willing to forgive all mistakes they do. So i give writers props for it, because they know how to keep you interested doing something right and since i grew up with pokemon im interested in finding out how will Ash's and stories of all past companions end up being another motivation for me to watch.

Didn't Ash only reset in BW? I'm pretty sure he kept his skills from OS to AG and from AG to DP. I mean they were some small mistakes he made but even a skilled player will make some small mistakes when playing a new game from the start. I think thats actually what they are trying to show at times early on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.