• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

When did you stop watching?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sushi

unspecified
Staff member
Super Mod
Please make sure this doesn't turn into a series VS series face-off. I know most people mention their dislike of a particular series to explain why they stopped watching and that's fine, but don't start arguing with said people and try to convince them that their dislike is unjustified. Likewise, please don't nag people and tell them that/why series X or Y is crap. That's not the purpose of the thread. Thank you~

Vernikova

Champion
It's kinda funny people think Kanto or Johto had epic battles beyond some good ones here and there.

If there's one thing that improved it was the battles tenfold.

I remembered Ash's battle against Gary in the Silver Conference being epic. Then I recently re-watched it for something and it turned out to be a total piece of crap. Not even the Charizard v. Blastoise battle was any good. Damn nostalgia.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I never stopped watching Pokemon. If I did then I wouldn't have still liked it as much as I could stand. People just needed to give the entire thing a chance.

sidrick

i stoped near the end of hoenn, i dident like Sinnoh. but the new B/W are amasing im hooked agen like its the begining of kanto agen:D

Macromind101

Around second season in DP...I liked the show as a kid but then I was starting to get ticked off by the lack of evolution within the series (and Dawn's personality ticked me off as well). But what can you expect, the show is aimed at 5-year olds, not teenagers who should be studying for the SATs. Then I discovered the manga and found that it fulfilled all my expectations in a Pokemon franchise and more. So I switched from the anime to the manga. I sometimes keep up with what's currently going on in the anime with serebii and I do watch some episodes from time to time (and don't get me wrong, a few, VERY few moments in the anime ARE epic like the rivalry between Brock's Croagunk and Saturn's Toxicroak) but I'm not as big of a fan of it as I used to be (and nearly not as close as I am a fan of the manga).

iFi Salamander

I'm a vampire!
I never really watched it thoroughly, the series was too repetitive.

I will say after the third gen I terminated it completely. Overall I have always thought the anime was pretty bad and juvenile. I turned on my TV this morning and saw a BW episode and it was jusr god awful. Ash's voice was so ugh, and I can't believe they are still recycling Jesse and James.

I did watch the D/P mvies though.

Blazicken

Sex on fire
since I never really watched any tv, I have to say I bought the episodes till when ash beat sabrina. (I was 9 i think)
Ocasionally watched an episode when the opportunity presented itself, but never really followed it and stopped watching alltogether eventually.
Few years later I stubled upon a site that had all the episodes till advanced generation and decided to watch the whole Hoen and battle frontier sagas.
at the time diamond and pearl just began to air and watched the first 5 or so episodes and forgot about the show once more.
When the dp-saga was nearing the pokemon contest-tournament, I watched the dp-saga and then checked on the series weekly ever since...
Not always watching the episoded though, just checking the screenshots and pehaps watch an episode when it actually seems interesting.

Last edited:
Personally I stopped watching it after the VAs changed, I just didn't like the new voices. I guess they've improved over the years, but I still find it hard to watch. Just my opinion.

Totally with you megamuncher. I forced myself to watch BF-BW: Rival Destinies and I guess the VAs have marginally improved but that's really what's been agitating me the most of anything. It's tough to watch, and it has been for the last 7 years really. I've quit sporadically and am probably quitting yet again in this Season (I've only ever quit due to TPCi's dubbing...).

Kanto-Early Battle Frontier is easy, anything from Mid BF-Unova, not so much.

Unova's mediocre but not good at all IMO...

Sinnoh is good in Japanese, terrible in English (and same goes for BF) IMO.

Last edited:

Nightmareisalive

I stopped watching after BF mostly because they changed the channel and time it was shown on over her in the UK. I found it really hard to watch on TV since the time changed a lot and it seemed that some channels were showing different series of the same region. After that I just gave up on the show. I have tried watching BW but just can't like it. I might complain that the anime as a whole could be better but BW just feels Pokemon has no soul anymore.

LizardonX

Banned
Totally with you megamuncher. I forced myself to watch BF-BW: Rival Destinies and I guess the VAs have marginally improved but that's really what's been agitating me the most of anything. It's tough to watch, and it has been for the last 7 years really. I've quit sporadically and am probably quitting yet again in this Season (I've only ever quit due to TPCi's dubbing...).

Kanto-Early Battle Frontier is easy, anything from Mid BF-Unova, not so much.

Unova's mediocre but not good at all IMO...

Sinnoh is good in Japanese, terrible in English (and same goes for BF) IMO.

You know if you think the new VAs are worse than nails on chalkboard you didn't have to see the whole thing, just cherrypick a couple of the better ones to see if there was any improvment.

DcMyth

Field Marshal
i stopped after jhoto couldn't keep up and sometimes they would repeat episodes tried to watch the new show but the most of the new pokemon are just terrible

Danarchy

There's at least two places I stopped.

First time was in the middle of Johto when I felt I "out-grown" Pokemon. Picked right up in the middle of Sinnoh (I guess that's why the new voices never bothered me, because I wasn't invested enough to notice the change).

Second time was when I heard about the end of the Sinnoh League. Tobias is the status quo given character form. I threw up my arms and said "No, I'm done". Only going back after playing the awesome Black & White and learning the anime was also much different (no Brock, less filler, tournament arcs, Team Rocket's role reduced).

You know if you think the new VAs are worse than nails on chalkboard you didn't have to see the whole thing, just cherrypick a couple of the better ones to see if there was any improvment.

Good point haha. I do like how Natochenny is playing Ash right now a LOT more than before, how Bauer plays Dawn, how Knotz is improving as Jessie, and how Griffith plays Cilan. Rest = -_- lol. Thanks for the suggestion, though. It helps a lot!

"The new VAs are worse than nails on chalkboard" If you mean their voice acting for said characters, yes I do feel they don't fit them at all and are too miscast in these roles. Funny analogy though and I lol'ed hard at this. I do feel like it's been really...well...mutilated.

Last edited:

TakenGrace

Champion Sami
twell I stopped during D/P then ended up finishing it and I am glad I did season 14 was awesome I recommend watching it. but when B/W came on I was pretty stoked until Pikachu lost to a pokemon that was just picked up by a trainer starting his journey and Ash saw a pokemon a runs to it and throws a pokeball with out weakening it. then has to get explain how to catch a pokemon after 14 seasons, I threw my arms up and said " I'M DONE"

I'm going back to Seasons 1-8 as far as the dub goes now. Hey, that's the only way I enjoy the show in English. XD.

Pinsirius

Sentimental Fool ;)
Battle Frontier. Caught select episodes of Frontier and DP, caught most of the movies (Giratina and Arceus restoring my faith in the movie franchise), then dropped out entierly with Black/White. Saw half of the first episode and a couple episode screencap summaries on this site, and that's it. Doesn't hold interest anymore, particularly after BW seems to have reset Ash in ways that, whatever Tomoika thinks he has to do to parallel Game Freak, you CANNOT do in a series that's been running this long. Particularly after DP was the first series that actually insinuated Ash was learning something.

Lady Marie

♥ AG Ash Fangirl ♥
The first time I stopped watching the show regularly was after Misty left (since she was the first character that I became attached to.) I did'nt start back watching regulary until 2007 or when Diamond and pearl was in it's 20th episode.

In the middle of dimond and pearl, somewhere around mid 2009 when the show took its sweet old time to get to the end. And At first I did'nt like BW either (mostly the first 22/23 episodes.) but as soon as TR returned to the white suits and probably around rival destinies, I started liking the Anime again.

lanmanna

BW is a perfect example since it changed the formula a lot. But what do you really expect to change?

It's still "help the character of the week" most of the time. BW is definitely an improvement, but I want the anime more like the BW2 anime trailers or the Adventure manga.

I had to stop watching Pokemon in 2nd grade because anyone who was caught watching Pokemon would have been bullied to no end, so I couldn't watch the show. So it was right before Johto.

I then started watching again during gen 3, and really liked May. (Never liked Misty, I was glad she was gone.) However, I started watching Pokemon less and less as Diamond and Pearl went on. I'd only tune is for important battles and episodes because all the plot lines seemed like they were just variations of one another, and it started being a chore. I completely quit watching Black and White because I've finally realized that the show is never going to go anywhere. It's just going to be the exact same thing forever and ever. Plus, they brought in Iris, who ended up being even more annoying then Misty.

Status
Not open for further replies.