• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

When did you stop watching?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canada

Banned
Well since this thread died out a few months ago, I thought I'd start it again. Assuming you stopped watching the show (even for a short while) when and why did you?

Remember to elaborate your posts, but not bash/put down a series.

Hikatoshi26

I stopped during Advanced. I watch it in Japanese since DP.

P0KEM0N

I stopped around the 30th episode of BW. The episodes made me lose interest.

fitzy909

Just another guy
i stopped in the middle of dp. it went on soooo long and there was so many filler episodes. the series took twice as long as most of the others.

T.W.I.

Undercover Rocket
Sometime during Johto with the fillers.

However, it's best to say during late orange islands is when my interest in the anime was waning.

moneylesswario

Gone But Not Forgotten
I never completely stopped watching, just had hiatus here and there.

I don't know if I'll still be watching in a few years, though, because of real life issues that may come up in the future.

SlimeStack

Late Johto. Maybe it was filler, maybe I was just going through the teen phase of thinking I'd grown out of everything I loved.

Got back into it last year and caught up on Best Wishes and continued to follow it weekly. I'm on raws and subs now.

I did go back and watch some of AG and DP tho.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I stopped watching around the Battle Frontier arc when it moved to Cartoon Network. I don't have cable, so I fell out of it fairly quickly. I also wasn't a fan of the new voices, but that's been water under the bridge for a few years now.

The Power of Pika

Way Past Cool!!
I haven't stopped watching yet but I plan to stop soon.

8 seasons of 4kids and 8 seasons of TPCI is more than enough for me. Don't need anymore than that.

I feel finishing on an even ground is best for me since I like both dubs but I don't want to watch forever. I have other things in life to focus on.

Chriiis

Sometime mid-late Hoenn if I remember right. I can't remember the reason why but I wasn't into the show as much sometime before DPPt rolled around. I have since then gained an interest in it and have been watching episodes I've missed when I have the time. On those days I've been able to watch a few.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I've stopped several times; during mid-Johto, the tail end of Hoenn, and most recently BW. For the first one, I had actually missed several episodes and I couldn't get back into the series until I caught up with it sometime during the Whirl Islands arc. For the second one, I just lost interest in the plot and I didn't gain interest until the Battle Frontier saga. For the BW instance, I just sort of gave up. The plot got tiresome really quickly, I couldn't relate to the main characters and I just couldn't be bothered to stay tuned every week.

SpadeOfRoses

Pokemon Coordinator
I only kept up with Kanto through Hoenn

I still watch CERTAIN episodes, like the big rival battles, leagues, and appearances of pokemon I like. The anime went downhill in DP where the only cool thing was Hunter J and the rivalry with Paul. The voice acting has been getting worse and worse each season since Hoenn. Dawn was straight up ANNOYING' and Brock just wasn't funny anymore. Unova was even worse! Nothing but Attract spamming, and crappy characters. Not to mention the horrible battle sequences where the attacks always looked the same. The worst of it all... Ash bonding with MELOETTA! What is he, a brony? Same goes for the Eevee dude in the pinkish outfit. That anime was once so good T_T

I do plan to watch the Episode N stuff, though I know it will ruin him and Team Plasma for me. I wish they would lose Iris, lose Cilam, have less Team Rocket, bring back Hunter J, never involve Meloetta again, and change the battle style.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
I only kept up with Kanto through Hoenn

I still watch CERTAIN episodes, like the big rival battles, leagues, and appearances of pokemon I like. The anime went downhill in DP where the only cool thing was Hunter J and the rivalry with Paul. The voice acting has been getting worse and worse each season since Hoenn. Dawn was straight up ANNOYING' and Brock just wasn't funny anymore. Unova was even worse! Nothing but Attract spamming, and crappy characters. Not to mention the horrible battle sequences where the attacks always looked the same. The worst of it all... Ash bonding with MELOETTA! What is he, a brony? Same goes for the Eevee dude in the pinkish outfit. That anime was once so good T_T

I do plan to watch the Episode N stuff, though I know it will ruin him and Team Plasma for me. I wish they would lose Iris, lose Cilam, have less Team Rocket, bring back Hunter J, never involve Meloetta again, and change the battle style.

Meloetta won't ever be involved ever again.

Lunafreya Nox Fleuret

Don't look here.
I stopped watching at late Diamond and Pearl. I started again at Black and White but lost interest quickly. Going to watch the new season on the 25th though because that looks good.

Rayquaza07

King of Uber tier
Stoped b4 the end of hoenn but now i watching some of BW and DP

Demonsead

Hoenn Challenger
I stopped keeping up with the anime after the Ash vs. Roxie battle and just read reactions to new episodes online.

Enjolras

Master of the House
Halfway through the Sinnoh Saga. I just lost interest.

Brownie

Anti Drew & paul fan

What happened was I lost WB, then when I got it back years later, it was moved to CN (I will always consider this a mistake), but I lost cable a bit before that.

Status
Not open for further replies.