• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

When do you believe the apocalypse will occur?

When do you believe the apocalypse will occur?

• Next 1-2 years

Votes: 5 7.6%
  • Next 5-10 years

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Next 50-100+ years

Votes: 41 62.1%
  • Never

Votes: 18 27.3%

• Total voters

Mye

Someone has to win..
With all the hype surrounding the mayan/aztec calendar, and solar/planetary activity, I thought I'd ask when you believe the destruction of all of civilization will occur....just for fun =D.

GoombaGeek

Begone!!
When the sun starts fusing helium into carbon and engulfs us 8 billion years from now. Any fool who clicks 'Never' is hopelessly optimistic.

Raichu4u

I'm not josh'n
Shouldn't this go in the debate thread for IF it's going to happen?

7 tyranitars

meteors/solar winds/ sun dies a lot of natural disasters that can finish our off there is always a chance something like that can happen but, I don't think that happen in the next few years but, still it can happen tomorrow or over miljons of years

Gentleman

Sitting on Horsea
Any fool who clicks 'Never' is hopelessly optimistic.

Depends. Do we mean apocalypse as just a general mass-extinctioning civilization-collapsing destroy-us-all? Or are we referring to apocalypse in the Christian and/or superstitious sense? If it's the latter, "Never" could just be a statement of nonbelief in some supernatural occurrence that'll doom most of us, if not all of us. :p

As for a more logically possible occurrence that'll doom most or all of us, like say, an incoming meteor, I couldn't tell you. There'll probably be something in the future, and given the nature and our preparedness for the threat, we may or may not be able to divert it. Whether it comes in a specific x-y years (unless I can cheat my way out and say 1-some crazy long number of years), I really can't say. I'd place money on any potential gruesome end of humanity being a mid-to-long ways away, though, as opposed to somewhere in the next couple years.

When the sun starts fusing helium into carbon and engulfs us 8 billion years from now. Any fool who clicks 'Never' is hopelessly optimistic.

Actually, it's 5,4 billion years. As the Sun is now 4,6 billion years old and stars of its classification need about 10 billion years to use all of their hydrogen and start fusing helium.

But yeah, I agree with you ^^;

Unpredictable-Strategist

Unorthodox Trainer
Well it's not gonna be December 21, 2012, I'll tell ya that (non-sarcasm).

??????

That guy.
Who cares, Sam and Dean will get the rings and put Lucifer back in hell.

Deoxytwo

Riddle in an Enigma

I was gonna say yesterday, but the quote is more likely.

That is, unless humanity makes some machine that has cataclysmic consequences if it fails. Like, oh say, a machine that crashes particles into each other that has a very, very, very (insert more very) small chance of creating a black hole that could expand quick enough to swallow earth.

treeco123

5 billion years or less when the sun turns into a red giant.
or we could be fried by radiation from supernovas, or a comet could get us, or black holes made by the Large Hadron Collider(LHC) could eat us, in fact, just about any thing could happen.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Well, I see it happening in our lifetime when we're old and Armageddon happens, but I'm thinking of a different "apocalypse".

As for the other apocalypse meaning end of all humanity, that's a "not really" for me. Sure, the planet will die one day (again a "maybe", I'm not sure how true that is), but by that time everyone will have been born and died on this planet, so we won't experience it as a mortal. And I don't think it will be as extreme like how the movies portray it to be.

The_Boss_Giygas

I. F.E.E.L. G.O.O.D.
2012 will not be the end of the world, it'll be the begging of the end, once Obama or the next U.S president gets elected that year, all hell will break lose and the last war between humans will start and we'll all kill each other and that's the apocalypse.

GoombaGeek

Begone!!
Despite all the discussion and debate about the rapture among Christians, several important aspects of the rapture issue are still not widely understood. Besides the important timing question, there is also the question of the purpose of the rapture (it's not what you think) and the fact that not only wicked will be “left behind”, but some righteous will be as well! These finer points of the rapture will deepen your understanding of God's plan.
But what the of "rapture" plan evil doomsday satan 2012 Buddha purple impossibility atheism ultimate alignment astrological hologram super "ascension" of Mother "Earth" burmy non-believers four apocalypse zebras MONKEY DUCK "FIG" DOG?!!

LOL WUT I'M AN ATHEIST. Sharpies smell good, but they're not food, 'kay?

shadow wolf

The one and only!
I agree with the inevitable destruction by the sun. Well then Indragon your going to be in for a surprise 5 billion years from now.

Gentleman

Sitting on Horsea
I agree with the inevitable destruction by the sun.

Maybe it's just me, but I think we'd run into something qualifying as an apocalypse long before this becomes an issue.

Heck, we probably won't still be hanging out on Earth for whichever reason billions of years before this'd be something to worry about.

I get the feeling Indragon was being facetious, anyhow.

Last edited: