• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

When do you expect the new intro would drop?

Akagi17

All scenes from OP3 has already been done, also are we getting a Bea rematch between EP80-90?, the Volkner and Bea teaser at the end of the Iris episode feels like the last arc before we moved into a new intro.

UnovaMaster

We aren't getting a new OP until Leon's Charizard Car adventure through Galar with several debut pitstops (and perhaps the return of Rose)

It makes sense for some kind of mini-arc to end Season 24 (which for the dub ends at Episode 90)

LucasMV

We aren't getting a new OP until Leon's Charizard Car adventure through Galar with several debut pitstops (and perhaps the return of Rose)

It makes sense for some kind of mini-arc to end Season 24 (which for the dub ends at Episode 90)
At this point I doubt that's actually happening and not just some random thing they included for the OP only.

Also, the Japanese version doesn't care about how the dub arbitrarily separates the anime into seasons, so there's no real need for any kind of mini-arc to act as a Season finale of sorts. Plenty of seasons have ended on random episodes and that's cause it's actually a whole series (in the DP, SM, JN sense) that's arbitrarily split only in the West.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
At this point I doubt that's actually happening and not just some random thing they included for the OP only.

Also, the Japanese version doesn't care about how the dub arbitrarily separates the anime into seasons, so there's no real need for any kind of mini-arc to act as a Season finale of sorts. Plenty of seasons have ended on random episodes and that's cause it's actually a whole series (in the DP, SM, JN sense) that's arbitrarily split only in the West.
Heck Pokémon Journeys S1 ended on that dumb Lucario Cinderace filler instead of the DD like it should have, with the Mewtwo episode being the start of s2

Honestly these intros make me stress because:

1. Usually can’t watch it live because of time zone differences, plus the episodes air on a school day
2. Because of this I have to look up the opening and get spoiled by the thumbnail
3. The episodes on YT that aren’t live remove the opening due to copyright reasons
4. Anipoke PR doesn’t post the opening and spoils the character returns

So... anyway to watch the opening? Does it air before the episode?

Jangobadass

Fear the Chicken!
At the very least I'd like Sonia, Bea, and Korrina just to be fair since they showed up with those other characters. (unless, of course, they want to count Bea's cameo and referential ones).

And while I'm bummed we never got the Galar road trip, at least we're getting one in Sinnoh to make up for it. (it better :mad:)

Though even then an opening can be around upward to almost 50 episodes, so I'd say episode 90-something at the latest. Though yeah, we'll probably get a new opening before that with some Sinnoh elements in time for it's arc.

Masters 8? Project Mew? Honestly thats all I could think on what would they tease. Maybe another companion returning like the Hoenn or Kalos gang.

Naw. It'll just be more random nonsense that has nothing to do with the actual story. :p
Though returning characters are a decent possibility at this point.

So... anyway to watch the opening? Does it air before the episode?
You can always watch in on YouTube later, bro :p

At the very least I'd like Sonia, Bea, and Korrina just to be fair since they showed up with those other characters. (unless, of course, they want to count Bea's cameo and referential ones).

And while I'm bummed we never got the Galar road trip, at least we're getting one in Sinnoh to make up for it. (it better :mad:)

Though even then an opening can be around upward to almost 50 episodes, so I'd say episode 90-something at the latest. Though yeah, we'll probably get a new opening before that with some Sinnoh elements in time for it's arc.

Naw. It'll just be more random nonsense that has nothing to do with the actual story. :p
Though returning characters are a decent possibility at this point.

You can always watch in on YouTube later, bro :p
But the thumbnails spoiler like OP three had a picture of Iris on the thumbnail and that’s how I was spoiled. I was so mad

Swift4Sweeper

Author Trainer
The first version of the song went 31 episodes (JN001-JN031). The second version only went 17 episodes (JN032-JN049). As of JN079, the third version has gone 30 (JN050-present). Personally I think we should be due for a new version any week now (and I honestly really hope I'm right because personally I think the arrangement on this third version is by far the worst of the three). The current version is beyond outdated now - so much has changed in the series since this opening first debuted that a change is almost absolutely necessary.

Jangobadass

Fear the Chicken!
Meant to do this sooner.

*ahem*

Shortly before PM85, or shortly after it since they'll have covered pretty much everything in the current version, and a little then some.
And stuff not covered could happen later (like with Alain showing up in an opening WAAAAY before he actually got his arc), or wasn't really intended to happen anyway.

Last edited: