• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

When do you think Pokémon will 'drop'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

supersmew

Let me heal your ⓗ♈ʒ
When do you think Pokémon will 'drop'?

'Drop'... As in when do you think Pokémon will run out of ideas and either stop making games or people will stop buying the games? I think that in the next 1-2 generations, some of the fanbase will drop off and Game Freak will be left making repeats of the same game to the remaining audience.

BCVM22

'Drop'... As in when do you think Pokémon will run out of ideas and either stop making games or people will stop buying the games?

"As long as the money continues coming" is the only answer to all three questions, and that will be for a very, very long time still.

This is the correct answer - the only correct answer. Others will be here shortly to try and tell you differently, like "they've already run out of ideas" and "they will stop making games next/in two generation(s)" and "people have already stopped buying the games". None of these answers are accurate; they're just the noise that starts playing every time this question is asked.

I think that in the next 1-2 generations, some of the fanbase will drop off and Game Freak will be left making repeats of the same game to the remaining audience.

Which is a flawed notion, because for every fan who "drops off", there are no shortage of new, young fans to "drop in", as it were. People are a renewable resource. There will always be more. If this were ever going to be a large-scale problem, it would have been the case a decade ago.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.